Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Paint Corrections

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Paint Corrections

Hello Scion Fam!

I've had my 2015 tC for about 18 months now and somehow I've gotten a large amount of scratches on it. I've been looking for a local detailing company that could fix the marks, but not having much luck.

A coworker informed me that there's a paint pen that could help with this issue. Is anyone familiar with the pen?

If anyone could recommend some alternative solutions, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recommend to buy this paint pen at the Toyota dealer, since there you will have the right color code for your Scion. It is ok to cover little scratches and dents. Also is cheap (less than $20 bucks), so is a win-win situation.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Here is what is best for light scratches in the clear coat if you don't need to get colored pen for deep scratches...
Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 PM

I'm not entirely confident the dealer option is the best. I just bought my TC with 10k miles on it and it had a couple chips in the front end. Went to the dealer and bought the paint pen for $12. Was sure they had the right color code before repairing the chips. The color is WAY OFF. My car is Blue Streak Metallic and the paint they sold me is much darker.
Im not the least bit happy with the result and.stopped after the first chip.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SanDiegoPaneraiGuy
I'm not entirely confident the dealer option is the best. I just bought my TC with 10k miles on it and it had a couple chips in the front end. Went to the dealer and bought the paint pen for $12. Was sure they had the right color code before repairing the chips. The color is WAY OFF. My car is Blue Streak Metallic and the paint they sold me is much darker.
Im not the least bit happy with the result and.stopped after the first chip.
Hey San Diego,

Hope this question didn't sound silly, but have you shake "hard" the pen? I will explain why: I have an absolute red Scion and the first time I use the Toyota pen I feel the same, that color didn't match my car, but the next time I tried, shake this pen hard, several times and notice that color matches finally. I think the small ball inside needs a hard move to mix the color properly.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:53 PM

I shook it till my arm was sore... Tried again today, definitely not the right color.