Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

[misc] I just removed my TRD Quick Shift, and wow what difference It made going back

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default [misc] I just removed my TRD Quick Shift, and wow what difference It made going back

I thought I was having problems getting into first gear so took out my TRD Quick Shift Kit after 8 months of use. Wow that Stock shift throw is horrible. I missed second gear twice during casual driving.

I'm going to clean up the moving parts and re-install the TRD Quick Shift Kit.
Have any people installed a TRD kit and TWM Short Shifter? I know a few people have because I did some searches, but I'm looking for updates and reviews.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe the quickshifter + twm short shifter would = a further reduced throw, but I have yet to see confirmation anywhere on the site.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unsungfate
I believe the quickshifter + twm short shifter would = a further reduced throw, but I have yet to see confirmation anywhere on the site.
Yea I know, It seems like hearsay. But the TWM Rep said i'm good to go. I will talk myself into purchasing it this week. TWM was nice enough to give me a discount code.
If using both devices does not work well. I will just use the one I'm most comfortable with. There is only one way to find out though.
I haven't spent any money on my car this year so I think its a worthy purchase. I had my tC2 for two years this month and love it.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TWM Performance - Your Order Shipped!‏

I will update in a few weeks when my car gets out the body shop! I will try the TWM first, then I will try the TWM & TRD.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great! honestly, I chose the quickshifter purely on price bc both claim 30% reduction.. I do have the twm bushings and brass thingy. man, I forget what it's called, got it when I first got the car.. and am still waiting for my quickshifter from trdsparks..
Old 09-05-2014, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still waiting for my quickshifter from trdsparks..
Cool, When I first installed my TRD I had all the bushings too. I guess the bushing take some of the wiggle out of the shifter. And yea, there is a huge price gap between the two shifter mods.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do us and more importantly, do me the favor of posting your results! lol. I'm still willing to spring for twm if it's worth it. I had the twm on my first gen, aside from suspension upgrades, it was my favorite mod.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

by the way, what happen to your problem of missing shifts? did you fix it, did it get better without the quickshifter?
I occasionally miss 3rd (I hate you 3rd gear!) if I'm not really paying attention and have missed 2nd if I lathargically shift.. (I am usually balancing a burger orburrito in one hand and a drink in the other)
Old 09-06-2014, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do us and more importantly, do me the favor of posting your results! lol. I'm still willing to spring for twm if it's worth it. I had the twm on my first gen, aside from suspension upgrades, it was my favorite mod.
Sure you bet, I'll post after my car gets out the body shop and I install it. (Got nailed in the fender by someone not paying attention pulling onto the street.)

When I said I was missing gears; that was because I was so used to the TRD Quickshift, that when I removed it, I could instantly tell how long the stock throw is.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA
Yea I know, It seems like hearsay. But the TWM Rep said i'm good to go. I will talk myself into purchasing it this week. TWM was nice enough to give me a discount code.
If using both devices does not work well. I will just use the one I'm most comfortable with. There is only one way to find out though.
I haven't spent any money on my car this year so I think its a worthy purchase. I had my tC2 for two years this month and love it.
Trust me man it will make a huge difference... Haha you won't want to take either one out.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It will make a huge difference. I have the twm short shifter, supertek short shifter (essentially same as trd), base bushings, cable bushings and a two super weighted big type r shifter (something like 600 grams). My gears are so easy to move into place, I love it. I really don't ever miss shifts with this setup either as it takes out a ton of slop. Enjoy!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys, can't wait.