Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Am i doing this right?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 12:36 AM

Default Am i doing this right?

Im new and dont know my way around the site but i own the 14' model Tc with low mileage in great condition, manule tranny with the stock polished rims. Its completly stock. I am tring to decide what to do 1st on it. I think the clutch upgrade should happen 1st on this car. (I have expiereanced some slipage under load, and its SO light action it doesnt seem strong enough to support upgrades in power)... Eaither that or a short throw shift kit with pullies and the TRD 'quick-shifter' piece that attaches to the tranny exterior, with a **** upgrade of course. And following that an Aqua-tune hydrogen kit, adding an ingen intake upgrade. I hope to achieve 205-220hp, 160-170 lb tourque and 33 mpg, few more on the highway only. (And faster shifting makes a faster car) Mine says 24.5 mpg av right now with daily around town town driving, which isnt quite good enough for me ( i 'get on it' not much but a little). Do i need a ''chip'' or an ECU reprogram as well, to achieve more efficieancy in power and mileage and my performance goals? (sorry for my poor spelling). Clutch advice is very welcome, the occasional slipping in 1st under load?