Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Best Tune For 2ARFE tC's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Default Best Tune For 2ARFE tC's?

I read a thread from a while back about hp gains and all from bolt ons and here's my set up. K&N air intake, bored throttle body, crank case filter, 1.75" Tenabe lowering springs all around, drilled/slotted rotors, weight reduction, (took the back seats out), and 2.5" straight pipe exhaust from the decatted manifold to the axle back. Only thing i have is a resonator and I've beat FR-S's, 2.0t Genesis, V6 Camaro's and Challengers, Chevy HHR SS, TL Type-S's and Civic Si's and I don't have a tune at all. So what would be my beat option on my N/A engine? Do i even really need a tune? You can view my build on instagram @Armorded_tc

2013 Scion tC MT 6 speed
Old 04-14-2017, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you throw any CEL's at this point? If not...I don't think a tune would be worth the $$$.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:51 PM

Yeah i have a O2 sensor CEL, maybe a wideband would be required?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A tune would actually do something with the extra air that your setup is allowing for. You would need something that is able to manage fuel and ignition to get anything out of the parts you do have on it. Otherwise, the factory ECU is probably just going to throw a code every time it encounters the extra.

Realistically, you're probably not going to get much of any gains. Tune is just so you don't do any damage to the engine.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroEyeQueue
A tune would actually do something with the extra air that your setup is allowing for. You would need something that is able to manage fuel and ignition to get anything out of the parts you do have on it. Otherwise, the factory ECU is probably just going to throw a code every time it encounters the extra.

Realistically, you're probably not going to get much of any gains. Tune is just so you don't do any damage to the engine.

I aim to get the AEM ems 4 unit very soon that should be all i need right?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, that will work. But, I think that's the standalone ECU. The F/I C (fuel/ignition controller) 6 is the piggyback. But, it's been a while since I've looked at systems. If Dezod or PTuning are still developing products for our car, you should email them to ask what they would use nowadays. Might be something better out.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroEyeQueue
Yeah, that will work. But, I think that's the standalone ECU. The F/I C (fuel/ignition controller) 6 is the piggyback. But, it's been a while since I've looked at systems. If Dezod or PTuning are still developing products for our car, you should email them to ask what they would use nowadays. Might be something better out.

Will do! Appreciate it