Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 AM

Default Exhaust

Alright guys I'm counting on you. I've got a few projects I'd love to do to my 2011 tc (it's magnetic gray) but I figured you all would be great to get opinions from.
1- new exhaust. I want something loud. I've looked into the greddy evo 3 but I just feel like all the exhausts sound pretty similar to stock (or maybe it's just video quality).
2- new brake pads/ rotors. Is it worth getting slotted/ drilled rotors if I'm keeping the stock calipers? If so, what kind should I get?
3- aftermarket headers. I've looked at the dezod green header simply because it comes with a cat. Converter but I don't really know about dishing out the extra $200 when I could just get a weapon R. My issue with the weapon R though is the CEL. I've read about CEL eliminators but I'm afraid I'm gonna have the eliminator on for a month and all the sudden my CEL will come on and I'm not about to drive around with it on all the time. So I guess my question with this is, does a CEL eliminator actually work or is it just some way for Weapon R or other company to make $50?
Thanks,
CJ
Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exhaust - you're looking at axle back videos or some TRD junk. You need a full system to get some real sound and tone. Any of them make a great difference.

Brakes - Stock calipers with upgraded pads and rotors is a great upgrade. You don't need to upgrade your calipers right away to get good performance. You'll definitely notice a difference and should be quite happy.

Headers - The eliminator is known to still allow a CEL through once in a while like you were guessing. It might happen, it might not. If you want something full proof and something that is backed, then go with Dezod and do it right, or don't do it at all, or deal with a CEL.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod green and tsudo. If you go weapon r and full catback you'll actually lose power. Need some form of back pressure. Tsudo catback sounds so friggin good.