Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Help with catback exhaust choice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 04:35 AM

Default Help with catback exhaust choice...

Hey! Looking for a little help with my tC2. I'm looking for a performance cat back exhaust to compliment an order I'm making for; Injen cold air intake, Weapon R header (I considered the Dezod Green too, but liked the lower price of the WR) and a Unichip. I want performance (whatever HP's I can squeeze), but I don't want a lot of noise. Something as sleeper/low profile as possible (quiet and not a huge muffler). I also live in Nova Scotia, Canada. So I need something of at least a little quality (preferably stainless steal) that will not fall apart in the winter...

The goal is to hit 200HP on a dyno whilst maintaining a reliable daily driver (seams relealistic with these 4 upgrades). Any comments or suggestions to everything here is welcomed. I'm not completely apposed to changing something out if you bring a convincing enough reason as to why.

Thanks in advance!

Just to add, I have looked at Apexi, Yonaka, OBX, Magnaflow and a few others (been reading for a few hours now) but can't find a definitive choice. I have looked into it with my insurance/warranty and I cannot upgrade/modify the engine itself and force induction is a no no too. The bolt ons and ECU map I have mentioned are fine though
Old 04-04-2016, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not the cheapest but the TRD exhaust is pretty sleeper/quiet and is made of stainless.. When I installed mine I barely even noticed the sound difference. The only times it gets a little loud (still not loud IMO) is when going downhill and it downshifts for extra braking (I have an automatic).. However I am not sure about how much performance, if any you will get out of it..

Also I think borla makes the trd exhaust.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member

Go to youtube and look for tc exhausts like TRD, Tanabe and HKS. This will give you idea about the sound.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put a Borla cat back on my 05 xA. It sounded good and I think it upped my mpg by a couple miles. They are stainless. You'll never have to replace it. I think it was around $350.