Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Injen CAI throwing code and not driving right

Old 01-03-2017, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member

Default Injen CAI throwing code and not driving right

Hello. So on my last tC (2014) I put an Injen CAI on it after about 25K miles. After about.... 30ish or so miles, I started throwing a MAF (Mass Air Flow) code. After replacing it (twice...), there wasn't anymore code being throw but my car wouldn't drive right afterwards. Even after 20-30K more miles it still felt... off? Didn't feel like it was shifting correctly, occasionally wouldn't know if it should be in 3rd or 4th gear.....

I just got a new 2016 tC and am waiting until after my factory warranty to put it in (25k). I just don't want to have the same issues happen. Should I bring it to a tuning shop to get the factory ECU tuned after putting it in? Will I just have to deal with it? Or should I just say F-K it and get a different intake system?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong sub to post this in!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello Crowjenkins,

There is No Guarantee that you will not have problems with that Injen CAI if you decide to put it in the New 2016 tC.

I would not waste money on going to a Tune Shop. What if you spent money there and Not Fix your Problem?

If you are going with an Intake, IMHO, there is only one that is Problem Free:

The TRD CAI
is the only one Specifically Engineered by Toyota for our cars.

All the other ones are knockoffs / imitations so as to not infringe on TRD's Patents.

A lot of them are Problematic and can give you CEL Codes.

They can also Deny you Warranty Service for Non-Scion Parts.

The TRD CAI is the only Legit Intake Sold, Authorized, Serviced and Approved by Toyota/Scion

For Pictures and Test Results:

Buyers Guide: 2nd Gen Scion tC Intakes

MR LUV

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-21-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Search this Thread