Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Sprint Booster, Got Go!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 PM

Default Sprint Booster, Got Go!

I installed the Sprint booster I ordered today and what a difference. Although the unit does not give you any extra power the throttle response is insane and the car really takes off.

Installation was a snap and it comes with an optional remote that allows you to select between the off, moderate (green light) and race (red light) modes. In race mode the car launches every time you touch the gas pedal!

I was amazed how much difference this little gadget made. I'd recommend green for daily driving and and red for the weekends...
Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could of picked up the etc throttle controller for less $$$ but does alot more
Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kamikaze5G
I installed the Sprint booster I ordered today and what a difference. Although the unit does not give you any extra power the throttle response is insane and the car really takes off.

Installation was a snap and it comes with an optional remote that allows you to select between the off, moderate (green light) and race (red light) modes. In race mode the car launches every time you touch the gas pedal!

I was amazed how much difference this little gadget made. I'd recommend green for daily driving and and red for the weekends...
A JRP special? Haha.

They do work really well. I've been contemplating it. Whats the part number you used?

Originally Posted by my06tc
you could of picked up the etc throttle controller for less $$$ but does alot more
Links?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by my06tc
More info please...
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1stOne
A JRP special? Haha.

They do work really well. I've been contemplating it. Whats the part number you used?
My understanding is that there are only two models, one for automatics and one for manuals. I gave them year, make, model and trans and in it went.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They installed it for you? If not, do you have the box? Take a picture and post it up! That way everyone gets the one you got.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

More info please...
twp throttle controller.......you can search twp throttle controller here on sl and theres info about it,i personally have it,i dont use it has much as i use to but loved it,
Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 1stOne
They installed it for you? If not, do you have the box? Take a picture and post it up! That way everyone gets the one you got.
They did install it for me so I don't have the box but I've confirmed the part #'s:

Manual trans: SBSC0021S
Auto trans: SBSC0022S
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Sprint Booster does differ from all of the other throttle modification on the market right now. What makes our product stand apart is that its based on advanced circuity that constantly analyses your pedal inputs and provides the ECU with a signal more in line with what you are demanding. We know because we have spent years developing this product and hold the patent on the technology. We also allow the custom to choose from two modes throttle modes, and OFF (stock). The driver can quickly find their comfort zone between two modes. Should you have any questions about the technology please feel free to pm us

We are happy you enjoyed our product. Keep us posted on your long term experiences.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They did install it for me so I don't have the box but I've confirmed the part #'s:

Manual trans: SBSC0021S
Auto trans: SBSC0022S
http://www.streetperformance.com/par...sbsc0021s.html

http://www.streetperformance.com/par...sbsc0022s.html

says its for the xb?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:25 PM

These are the part #'s right out of their catalog:

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/download/catalog.pdf

I got the automatic part # from the dealer.

It looks like the same unit will fit various models from the same manufacturer...check our Subaru right below the Scion listings!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so does this fix the issue where the revs hold at a certain rpm for 1~2 seconds after you let go of the pedal?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by donsun
so does this fix the issue where the revs hold at a certain rpm for 1~2 seconds after you let go of the pedal?
If you're referring to the revs that hold or rise when you let off the gas and dump the clutch to shift gears then yes. The increased throttle response/sensitivity seems to have cured this and makes cruising at 45-50mph in 4th gear much steadier, i.e. without the saw horse back and forth while trying to maintain a steady speed!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i.e. without the saw horse back and forth while trying to maintain a steady speed!

so want it now
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rAaR
so want it now
Sprint comes with a 30 day no nonsense return policy. If it doesn't exceed your expectations, Return it for a refund. Feel free to post a review of your experience here on the forum as well.

Sprint Booster USA
Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Sprint comes with a 30 day no nonsense return policy. If it doesn't exceed your expectations, Return it for a refund. Feel free to post a review of your experience here on the forum as well.

Sprint Booster USA

Does the Sprint unit stay in green mode when you turn off the car and turn it back on? or does it go back to the off position?
Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by WellesleyScion
Does the Sprint unit stay in green mode when you turn off the car and turn it back on? or does it go back to the off position?
I use it in green mode and it stays in green mode when you turn the car off and then back on. It will stay in whatever mode you choose until you hit the selector button to change it to a different mode.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Does it mess with the scion warranty at all?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

post of video of it in action
Old 03-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MykeJ
Does it mess with the scion warranty at all?
Some Dealerships are already ordering and installing Sprint Booster. As with any mod, proper installation and operation should not result in any negative effects on the vehicle. Sprint Booster can be disabled as well by using the switch.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster, Got Go!