Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD or Tsudo Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD or Tsudo Exhaust?

Hey guys, without thinking of the price (because I know TRD is overpriced), would you guys prefer TRD Axleback Exhaust or Tsudo S2 Catback?
Suggestions and comments welcome!

Thanks!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-09-2018 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xtimxmayyx
hey guys, without thinking of the price (because i know trd is overpriced), would you guys prefer trd axleback exhaust or tsudo s2 catback? suggestions and comments welcome! thanks!
Megan Racing all day long had drift spec on my tC1 and just put it on my tC2 as well but that just my opinion I looked at the Tsudo but the company has no history and doesn't seem big not to mention not many distributors.
Megan's got a mile long history and distributors so go with TRD out of Tsudo or TRD IMO

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-09-2018 at 06:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the TRD one on my RS8.0. I think you should look into ARK too, they make a nice looking exhaust for the tC as well.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-09-2018 at 06:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha Thanks for the opinion guys. I'm really thinking of only TRD or Tsudo. in my mind, it's telling me that Tsudo might be too loud inside the cabin, but i also think that TRD wont be loud enough for my taste. LOL So I'm stuck.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-09-2018 at 06:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha Thanks for the opinion guys. I'm really thinking of only TRD or Tsudo. in my mind, its telling me that Tsudo might be too loud inside the cabin, but i also think that TRD wont be loud enough for my taste. LOL so I'm stuck.
Not sure if Tsudo does but my Megan came with a silencer which was nice If its too loud and I wouldn't go TRD be so quiet I has it on my 1st Gen before be Megan and it was almost silent.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-09-2018 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i dont want something that gets too much attention. and from my understanding, tsudo catback sounds as close and as loud as the megan catback exhaust and yea tsudo comes with a silencer too, but i heard it doesnt sound that good with it. and i understand that trd is only a little more louder than stock. thats why i brought up this question.. tsudo might be a little too loud and trd might be a little too soft.. so im stuck haha
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Honestly i have only tried the tsudo exhaust but i love it. It is nice and deep but not too crazy loud. I also have the weapon r header so that makes it somewhat louder than if you just run the catback alone. Before i got the tsudo i was running without a muffler with the header and it was really loud and annoying especially inside the cabin but now with the tsudo it is definitely bearable. So if you like louder definitely the tsudo.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i dont want something that gets too much attention. and from my understanding, tsudo catback sounds as close and as loud as the megan catback exhaust and yea tsudo comes with a silencer too, but i heard it doesnt sound that good with it. and i understand that trd is only a little more louder than stock. thats why i brought up this question.. tsudo might be a little too loud and trd might be a little too soft.. so im stuck haha
You could always get a catback system and put a resonator on there if its too loud that will help some
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to the OP: pretty much what you are saying is true. The TRD is really quiet! When i first got it installed i noticed the difference in sounds but after 30k miles with it, didnt even phase me. I picked up a Tsudo over the summer and love it. Deeper tone and not to bad of noise in the cabin. Also i would suggest the Tsudo if you are planning to do any type of header as the TRD sounds like complete poo with the extra air going through. But if you arn not trying to get a header/mid pipe, then talk to someone who has the TRD and a straight midpipe, i hear it louder but i have no idea by how much.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will be adding a midpipe to my TRD, so if you want to wait for it and hear my thoughts on it?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

which one? just curious
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionic128
which one? just curious
i thought TRD only comes with that axleback. they have more than just axleback now? but im prolly gonna lean towards trd just because im a lil worried that tsudo might be a little too loud in my taste. really wish TRD was a little bit louder :\
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're concerned about the volume of the Tsudo, The Descendant is right in the middle of Tsudo and TRD
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
If you're concerned about the volume of the Tsudo, The Descendant is right in the middle of Tsudo and TRD
Greddy also makes a good sounding exhaust system aswell as descendant
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

descendant doesnt make scion products anymore so no one would sell it. greddy is prolly too loud and from what i heard, its pretty expensive. :\
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

descendant doesnt make scion products anymore so no one would sell it. greddy is prolly too loud and from what i heard, its pretty expensive. :\
You could always go with the Megan axle back or check eBay for a descendent
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah, someone is selling trd for pretty cheap, or id go with tsudo. just cant decide between the two, but ill prolly go with trd. hope i dont make the wrong decision HAHA.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah, someone is selling trd for pretty cheap, or id go with tsudo. just cant decide between the two, but ill prolly go with trd. hope i dont make the wrong decision HAHA.
You could always just cut off the muffler on the TRD lol
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought TRD only comes with that axleback. they have more than just axleback now? but im prolly gonna lean towards trd just because im a lil worried that tsudo might be a little too loud in my taste. really wish TRD was a little bit louder :\
When he said which one, he meant which mid pipe for the TRD. A mid pipe is by another company, probably about 180-250 bucks for say a mid pipe by Megan.

TRD doesn't make a Catback (which comes with a mid pipe), it is only axelback. You can buy a TRD and then buy a mid pipe to make it louder, or just buy a Catback for less money that has a silencer like Megan or Tsudo. Just make sure that the mid pipe will bolt up to your stock pipe. (I.E. don't buy a 3" mid pipe or something like that which won't fit your 2 1/4" stock pipe if it is not designed to without being welded)

And don't worry, both Megan and Tsudo will be quiet enough to not draw attention. I have driven by several cops and had them right behind me with the silencer in and did not get pulled over.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD end of story...take that from a guy who has owned both the TRD and the Tsudo.

The Tsudo drones terribly at certain RPMs and it got old after awhile. The TRD is super clean and sounds sooooo refined. It has a nice growl and is definitely worth it especially if you can get a good deal on one. I lucked up and got mine slightly used for $350 shipped so I jumped all over it. You will love it.

Quick Reply: TRD or Tsudo Exhaust?