Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/)
-   -   Unichip now available for 2011+ tC (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/unichip-now-available-2011-tc-222401/)

VuDism 04-17-2013 08:43 PM

Unichip now available for 2011+ tC

Unichip - 2012 Scion tC tuning chip | car tuning

unsungfate 04-17-2013 09:54 PM

well that was convincing, what do you guys think?

nlaplante 04-18-2013 12:50 AM

Seems interesting. Got my brand new '13 tC and I was wondering what I would do to it. Thought about NST pulley + Injen CAI (TRD exhaust already installed). Unichip would compliment those for sure. I just need to find a Unichip tuner in the Montreal, Canada area.

Unichip_jack 04-18-2013 05:18 PM

Unichip EMS for the tC 2G

Hello members!

Looks like we were beat to the post… good work VuDism.

We have released our Plug-n-Play kit for the tC 2G. Very similar to our popular FT86 kit, our goals are to offer an inexpensive kit, easily home installable, a large end-user accessible map library for different bolt-ons and fuel grades, high reliability, and no OE ECU foot print for warranty-worry-free play.

Your kit ships preprogrammed for your specific bolt-on parts with up to five performance maps that switch instantly at the push of a button. It’s also tweakable/custom tunable by a professional or, for the hands-on crowd, by you with our UniTuner software.

For easy “at home” tweaking, we have an online 2.5L map library of all of our maps… each bolt-on configuration has 27 different tuning options you can download and easily test in your 2G to find the optimum fit for your specific vehicle… all you need to play is a download cable.

We currently offer maps for a bone stock engine, drop in filters, and intakes from Injen, K&N, Takeda, TRD, and Weapon R…

…each of those is available for just the intake, the intake and exhaust, and the intake, headers, and exhaust…

… each of those is available with tunes for premium, midgrade, and regular fuel...

… and each of those is available with standard timing/fueling maps, increased timing maps, increased fuel maps, reduced timing maps, and reduced fuel maps… and every combination of each of those...

As an introductory offer, we’re offering special pricing to Scion Life Forum members for the next 30 days. Beginning today, members receive 20% off retail pricing on both the Standard 2G tC kit and the Flux2 Display 2G tC kit. If you purchase the Flux2 Display tC kit, we'll throw in the MapsQ and Flux2 download cables and software at no additional cost.

Retail for the standard kit is $395... member’s special price is $316.00 - you save $79.00!

Retail for the Flux2 Display kit is $655 + $35 + $49 for the two cables is a total of $739.00... member’s price is $524.00 - you save $215.00!

This offer doesn’t appear on our website’s public pages… click http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicles/3600 for a back door link. From the back door link, click Buy Now to select your options and go to the shopping cart with the member’s only pricing before the prices return to retail.

For early adopters, we'll also through in free ground shipping for either kit for anybody who purchases before we open Monday morning.

Please post or pm me if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers

fun173 04-19-2013 07:43 AM

The tuning yourself sounds very cool.

ScionIzeMe 04-20-2013 12:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28916
Attachment 28917
Here's a couple pics of the Flux2 systems that are available to purchase thru Unichip. Let me say the UNICHIP is amazing!!! Can definitely feel a difference! The hp and torque gains are great. http://www.unichip.us/system/uploads...2%20tC%202.pdf Here's a link to the dyno sheet so you guys can see first hand on the power increase. As for what BROKEN TUSK is saying. I have no clue how you can lose power to something that has proven and shown first hand to give more hp and torque gains. I am going to be making a video here soon and I will post it up for everyone.

gashi 04-20-2013 04:52 PM

You say we get fre shipping But there is no option for free ground its 32 bucks for shipping from ohio to va? Seriously what is rip off shipping and false advertisement.

VuDism 04-20-2013 05:12 PM

Yea how can we get free shipping on order. Thanks. Cart charges shipping

Unichip_jack 04-20-2013 06:11 PM

Thanks for the posts, pm's, and calls.

Not sure what’s up with the shipping charge… it is free for the weekend. I don't get charged when I do a "test" order through the website but if you do, please contact me and I’ll ensure your order is processed with no shipping fees.

ScionIzeMe… glad you like it and thanks for the feedback.

Even though BrokenTusk’s experience was with a Taco, it touches on some widely misunderstood topics.

Life was good until the truck hit the dyno… unfortunately, dyno’s aren’t the real world. They’re valuable tools when used correctly but garbage when used incorrectly. The fact it was a brand new dyno tech who couldn’t explain what happened says more than the results do.
o The Unichip doesn’t turn “on and off”… flipping the Unichip Map Select Switch changes maps.
o The Unichip doesn’t vary what it does from pull to pull… when results change, it’s because the OE ECU responded to a changing environment… which we all want it to do.
o If I read the post correctly, the results show the difference between Unichip Map 1 and Map 2 as the truck gets hotter during too many pulls… not the difference between “stock” and “Unichip.” When the truck was cool, there was a 14-18 bhp difference between the maps. When the truck got hot, Map 2’s additional timing is inappropriate and is pulled out… which is exactly what should happen, what you want it to do, and what we want it to do. Hot, there’s essentially no difference between Map 1 and Map 2... exactly what we’d expect because the mixture in the combustion chamber is too hot for the additional timing.
In Otto-Cycle gasoline engines, there are three variables to making power… compression, AFR, and ignition timing. On a normally aspirated Otto-Cycle engine, compression is fixed so there are only two. If you have the right tool – a computer that can manipulate those variables – tuning is relatively straight forward. Time consuming, precise, and requires a great deal of experience, but straight forward.

The Unichip very precisely manipulates fueling and timing across the entire rpm and load range and we spend a great deal of time on our maps to get them right… for the real world, where you drive your car.

Our online map library offers 27 different maps for each bolt-on configuration…each map is a slight variation in timing and/or fueling so that you can find the optimum settings for your particular car. Reprogram the Unichip at home, in about a minute, as often as you want, and see what runs best.

As always, if anybody has any questions please pm, call, or post and we’ll be happy to answer them

Cheers

BrokenTusk 04-20-2013 08:43 PM

It's difficult to say honestly. At the time I didn't have near the technical knowledge I do now. Having abandoned the UNICHIP in my Tacoma build after a few short months and becoming Supercharged for the last few years I have had much more experience with programing and tuning. While there was small periods of cool down between my original UNICHIP dyno runs (5~ minutes), the periods were most definitely not long enough. But saying that I started cold isn't really true either since that day I had just finished a 4.5 hour drive to get to the dyno shop in the first place.

But that tech really was an idiot..

VuDism 04-20-2013 10:33 PM

Just ordered mine. $316 free shipping. We will see how it goes!

nlaplante 04-20-2013 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by VuDism (Post 4104649)
Just ordered mine. $316 free shipping. We will see how it goes!

Keep us posted about your install and results. I might well be into this after my CAI.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ske7ch 04-21-2013 07:08 AM

Can both the base and the Flux2 kit be custom tuned by a pro with the unituner software?

Does the UniTuner software comes with both kits?

D_Thissen 04-21-2013 06:41 PM

Looking forward to what kind of results people actually see.. If some one could do a before vs after dyno that would be great!

tCluvr 04-21-2013 08:24 PM

+1^

durp 04-21-2013 09:57 PM

Any interest in an E85 fuel map in the near future?

disaster06 04-22-2013 04:50 AM

I didn't think our car would run on flex fuel

durp 04-22-2013 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by disaster06 (Post 4104871)
I didn't think our car would run on flex fuel

Of course it can run on E85, it just needs the proper supporting modifications and a tune.

Unichip_jack 04-22-2013 10:44 PM

Thanks for the questions.

Yes, both the basic and Flux2 versions ofthe kit can be tuned with the UniTuner software… by a “pro” or by you at homeif you’re into that. Except for theFlux2 components, the two kits are identical… what one does, the other does. No the kits don't come with that software and that software is different from the MapsQ software that allows you do download our stepped maps.

E85… lots of interest and we’re talking with the EPAabout the requirements for doing a kit (started with the Ft86 but I’m sure the same rules andrequirements hold for the tC G2).
Theissue – from a manufacturing perspective – is the car wasn’t certified for Flex Fuel which makes an E85 kit an “alternative fuel conversion.” As soon as they give us some definitive guidelines,we’ll be ready to rock.

Cheers

red13_69_84 04-22-2013 11:15 PM

I was curious if you had a dyno for k&n cai and descendant exhaust or if the one dyno sheet on your site were the gains you could expect from any combo. It just states that its for an aem cai and nothing else. Since you said you tested each combo and each exhaust set up ranges from 2 to 3 inch pipe if that effected any of the gains or losses with the chip. I was also curious if the electrical gel that you placed on one of the harnesses near the tire well had to continously be reapplied through out its life span because I live in the midwest and we have both harsh summers and winters and I'm sure that grease would deterioate over time.