Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-forced-induction-1827/)
-   -   PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-forced-induction-1827/ptuning-2011-scion-tc-turbo-kit-available-ship-195075/)

chicotunner07 10-28-2010 12:56 AM

lmao, all the people jumping up and down when the world racing tc made 190+ lmao

thank you Ptuning for posting a realistic dyno

BTW what did a stock 1st gen tc make on your dyno for comparison?

djshway 10-28-2010 12:56 AM

@Ace83: Ah ok thanks for clearing that up.

chicotunner07 10-28-2010 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by trdscion (Post 3713135)
Rob It was awesome to meet you last night at Knott's Scion Night. You showed me around the tC2 towards closing time right before Chris Rado was looking at it. I was the guy with the fro, must have been about 7:15p.

Pretty impressive baseline that you pulled of ~197hp and the setup that you're coming out with is insane! 333hp...sik. Definitely would want a ride in that thing. Keep up the good work!

wtf?

pwee08 10-28-2010 01:03 AM

Rob It was awesome to meet you last night at Knott's Scion Night. You showed me around the tC2 towards closing time right before Chris Rado was looking at it. I was the guy with the fro, must have been about 7:15p.

Pretty impressive baseline that you pulled of ~197hp and the setup that you're coming out with is insane! 333hp...sik. Definitely would want a ride in that thing. Keep up the good work!

wrong thread buddy.

PTUNING 10-28-2010 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by chicotunner07 (Post 3713215)
lmao, all the people jumping up and down when the world racing tc made 190+ lmao

thank you Ptuning for posting a realistic dyno

BTW what did a stock 1st gen tc make on your dyno for comparison?

Depend on what year tC (05-06 or 07-10), and also temperature during dyno, but we have seen 140-146WHP on a bone stock tC1.

Based on the info that brett561tc posted about the reading on a stock tC2 making 198WHP on the other dyno, we calculated that it is approximately 20% higher reading than our dyno.

With this fact, this means that our recently installed and tuned 2007 Scion tC with the PTUNING Spec-SS turbo kit, PTUNING 3" S-Back exhaust, and fuel system on a stock block making 327WHP on our dyno would make a whopping 392+WHP on that other dyno.

Anyway, back on topic. We will start this project as soon as all the details are layout between us and the dealership. Hopefully, you will see constant updates on this build.

chicotunner07 10-28-2010 02:07 AM

^lol

nice choice on black!

user 7208230 10-28-2010 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by pwee08 (Post 3713224)
wrong thread buddy.

Not really, Rob posted here as well. I did intend for my post to go elsewhere, oh well. And I'm not sure who "all the people" who are "jumping" up and down about WR's #'s, both are solid #'s, and call whatever you want "realistic." I'm excited to see both kits, it just happens that I got to see the Descendant kit last night. PTuning makes great products also. Their last tC was sik.

1989menace 10-28-2010 04:36 AM

nice. ptuning is still involved with scions. im really starting to like the tc2 more and more after going to the dealer and seeing one in person today. however my tc1 is still not done and i dont want to leave it incomplete. i wonder how hard a front end conversion on the tc1 would be. the fenders look really similar to begin with. btw Mr. C my built motor is still running like a champ...thanks

x_Batman_x 10-28-2010 04:46 AM

watching this thread.

tut tut looks like win

rhythmnsmoke 10-28-2010 07:11 AM

Awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys develop. Out of curiosity MrC, how many dyno pulls did you guys do with the 2011?

The DynoPak at Chruches gave 198whp
PTuning put down 159whp
And in the latest DSport mag it put down 180whp on a Dynojet

I asked because while reading the DSport mag, they mentioned that their first dyno pull it put down 150ish whp. But that after the 3-4th pull, it started to lay down 180whp and continued to do so for every pull afterwards. They theorized that it had something to do with the ECU. Wondering what your takes on it are?

PS....Black is the only color I think the 2011 tC looks good in. Great choice...LOL.

Ace83 10-28-2010 01:45 PM

^ those numbers seems right to me.. different dyno types so yeah. As for 150ish pull i think you are right, it must be the ecu.. Maybe a car fresh from factory starts with a default diagnostic timing, and advances with use/driving habits until knock. Good call on that, made me curious too how many pulls

PTUNING 10-28-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3713451)
Awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys develop. Out of curiosity MrC, how many dyno pulls did you guys do with the 2011?

The DynoPak at Chruches gave 198whp
PTuning put down 159whp
And in the latest DSport mag it put down 180whp on a Dynojet

I asked because while reading the DSport mag, they mentioned that their first dyno pull it put down 150ish whp. But that after the 3-4th pull, it started to lay down 180whp and continued to do so for every pull afterwards. They theorized that it had something to do with the ECU. Wondering what your takes on it are?

PS....Black is the only color I think the 2011 tC looks good in. Great choice...LOL.

Originally Posted by Ace83 (Post 3713518)
^ those numbers seems right to me.. different dyno types so yeah. As for 150ish pull i think you are right, it must be the ecu.. Maybe a car fresh from factory starts with a default diagnostic timing, and advances with use/driving habits until knock. Good call on that, made me curious too how many pulls

We did 3 pulls and the HP and TQ are near identical all three times.
In fact, the 159WHP printout was the highest reading.
We can definitely rule out the ECU being too new. The car already has 500 miles on it.
The DynoJet reading of 180ish sounds about right.
Most DynoJet in our area read about 15% higher than our dyno, so 15% higher than 159 is about 182whp.

rhythmnsmoke 10-28-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by PTUNING (Post 3713526)
We can definitely rule out the ECU being too new. The car already has 500 miles on it.
Most DynoJet in our area read about 15% higher than our dyno, so 15% higher than 159 is about 182whp.

Awesome. Good stuff. The one thing I hope you guys work on is the Traction control. Read that if you turn it off, it will kick back on once the car reaches 30mph. That sucks, so a permanent solution to disable it and be able to re-enable it and show us what it can do would be sweet.

Syldrin 10-28-2010 03:13 PM

what is your opinion on the feel of the clutch in this car? i took one for a test drive and i dont know how i feel about it.

PTUNING 10-28-2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3713536)
Awesome. Good stuff. The one thing I hope you guys work on is the Traction control. Read that if you turn it off, it will kick back on once the car reaches 30mph. That sucks, so a permanent solution to disable it and be able to re-enable it and show us what it can do would be sweet.

Noted, thank you.
We will keep this in mind during our development.

Originally Posted by Syldrin (Post 3713553)
what is your opinion on the feel of the clutch in this car? i took one for a test drive and i dont know how i feel about it.

Before we remove one bolt from the car for project development, we will take the car out for a REAL test-drive. We will let you know what we find out.

Syldrin 10-28-2010 03:33 PM

it seems soft and there is a lot a lot of throw in it and it doesn't feel like all of it is needed the clutch engages and disengages with minimal depression.

Rob_DESCENDANT 10-28-2010 05:56 PM

It was great meeting you too, the Knott's event was CRAZY!! Not only did we break the WORLD BOOK OF RECORDS for a car caravan but I heard the finally count was over 2500 Scion's in the parking lot!!

Anyways...thank you for visiting with Chris & I and please feel free to come by the shop anytime!

paul_dezod 10-28-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke (Post 3713536)

That sounds JUST like the xB2. Same exact deal.

I do not think it would be wise to disable it due to liability reasons. I could see a lot of legal issues there.

crush02342002 10-28-2010 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PTUNING (Post 3713526)

just food for thought

Attachment 71224

this is my 07 Tc dyno (no boost) on a dynapack

crush02342002 10-28-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by paul_dezod (Post 3713673)
That sounds JUST like the xB2. Same exact deal.

I do not think it would be wise to disable it due to liability reasons. I could see a lot of legal issues there.

:ponder:could be but alot of other auto makers that throw that traction controle on also have a switch that will shut it off without it comeing back on automatically. but im sure if anything happend it could creat a lawsuit..people sue for anything these days