Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2015 Scion tC Subwoofer Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:11 PM

Default 2015 Scion tC Subwoofer Advice

What's up guys! I got my 2015 tC about 2 months ago, and I want to add a system! I've been looking around and I'm kinda hesitant of what's good and bad. I think I want two 12 inch subs in my truck, but I don't know what box, subwoofers, or amp is the best for my desires. If anyone has a system in their tC, or could help out please let me know. I don't want to order a box online and have it not fit because of the hatchback trunk. If you have any advice or links im all ears! Thanks guys!
Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for shopping for a sub try to listen to whatever one you are interested in after doing some research online. Because everybody hears things differently. You have to also decide do you want clarity or "boomy" bass. Another route that works well in hatches, I will be running one in my car 2012 tc and my girlfriend is currently running one in her Mini Cooper countryman is flat piston subs. They don't require much air space less than a cubic foot and they produce a great sound. Also hatchbacks are great for acoustics so 1 good 12" in a proper box(correct air space) can save you money and also sound just as loud as two. When shopping for an amp sub also look to make sure you match up the rms watts on the amp and subs not the peak powers.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by azztinthebox
As for shopping for a sub try to listen to whatever one you are interested in after doing some research online. Because everybody hears things differently. You have to also decide do you want clarity or "boomy" bass. Another route that works well in hatches, I will be running one in my car 2012 tc and my girlfriend is currently running one in her Mini Cooper countryman is flat piston subs. They don't require much air space less than a cubic foot and they produce a great sound. Also hatchbacks are great for acoustics so 1 good 12" in a proper box(correct air space) can save you money and also sound just as loud as two. When shopping for an amp sub also look to make sure you match up the rms watts on the amp and subs not the peak powers.
I appreciate the help! I'm going to defiantly research more, but I know I want something loud. since I want that, I'm leaning towards 2 10's now. On Amazon, they have preloaded boxes with amps that have great reviews. I just don't want to order them and the box be too large for my trunk.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check out crutchfield.com they have boxes that are car specific.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alpine MRV-M500 Amp
500W mono amp
Amazon.com : Alpine MRV-M500 Mono V-Power Digital Amplifier : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Alpine MRV-M500 Mono V-Power Digital Amplifier : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics

12in Type S, but if you wanna go harder get the Type R
Amazon.com : SWS-12D2 - Alpine 12" Dual 2-Ohm 500W RMS Type-S Car Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : SWS-12D2 - Alpine 12" Dual 2-Ohm 500W RMS Type-S Car Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics

Ported box, more than enough bass..you could probably piece it all together for about $300 depending on where your box comes from. Word of advise, the box makes a big diff and remember that your sub is basically sitting with you

Last edited by SoKrispy; 11-14-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I enjoy my set up but I kind of went to the extreme and lost all of my storage space.... but then again it also cost alot and took lots of time to install and make just right. The bad thing about car audio is once you start you almost always want to add something more or change it out.... I do believe they still make the full oem audio+ but that replaces all speakers in the car and im sure can be alot lower quality than say building something on your own... but its everything in one kit and "built to fit perfectly" alpine has always built quality stuff for a fair price so his suggestion of the alpines is good, jl audio also sells the the t series sub which is a super shallow firing sub that requires very little space.