Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2nd Gen tC Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member

Wink fuse box

Originally Posted by zaneregan2010
Where did you tap into to get your remote wire to work?
I used the cigar lighter fuse that's located under the steering wheel. its kinda hard to get to but it works like a charm

all i did was stick the wire into the fuse socket "closer to the driver" and plug in the fuse "make sure that the remote wire does not touch both sides that way the fuse can still blow in case there is any reason for the cigar lighter needs the fuse to blow.....

(its the small fuse box on the drivers side)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^How many Amps are that particular fuse you tapped into?
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 PM

Default Question

Just got a new 2014 tC. Bought a loc online, just curious if you could post a pic or explanation on how you got the wires for the loc to stay/connect to the back of the pin connector.
Thnx.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-04-2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by JSICKNESS
I used the cigar lighter fuse that's located under the steering wheel. its kinda hard to get to but it works like a charm
all I did was stick the wire into the fuse socket "closer to the driver" and plug in the fuse "make sure that the remote wire does not touch both sides
that way the fuse can still blow in case there is any reason for the cigar lighter needs the fuse to blow.....
(it's the small fuse box on the drivers side)
I did this and when I plugged my phone charger in, the remote wire heated up and burned into my car and almost caught it on fire... lol.
Any one know where I can safely install the wire, or could you tell me why this happened?

_________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-12-2019 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-12-2019, 08:11 PM
SL Member

I have a few questions about the door speakers. I am running an LC7i in my setup and a monoblock amp for my sub and then a 4 channel amp for the bottom door speakers and the rear speakers. I currently have the LC7i tapped into both the rear speakers because they are full range and that is what I want going into all my new door speakers. But I do not have a built in crossover in my monoblock amp for my sub and it is not playing the correct frequencies. I want to instead hook the monoblock up through the front bottom door speaker if it already has a built in crossover so then my monoblock will only recieve low freq. In conclusion, I want to know if that bottom door speaker really does have a built in crossover so it only plays low freq. I just talked to people at Crutchfield and they said it plays full range but since its a woofer you can only really hear the low freq. Car is a 2016 tC, don't know if there is a difference between tC2 and 2.5 in this realm.
THANKS!!

________

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-12-2019 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-29-2019, 05:00 AM
SL Member

Default Tiptronic Shift + and -

Which wires go to the tiptronic Shift + and - on the automatic transmission?
Old 04-27-2021, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scarlet_Tc
Hey All,

New tC owner here (hell yeah). I've been cruising through the forums gathering info regarding wiring as I'm installing an amp and sub with a line output converter. Jesus info has been hard to find.
I just wanted to run a few things by everyone to make absolutely sure I've got this right. I've never once tried to do this but I'd like to learn and achieve this myself.

For Tapping Speaker Wiring:

From Front Speakers (10 Pin Plug)

Pink (pin 2) = Positive wire for Front Left Speaker set
Purple (pin 6) = Negative wire for Front Left Speaker set

Light Green (pin 1) = Positive wire for Front Right Speaker set
Light Blue (pin 5) = Negative wire for Front Right Speaker set

From Rear Speakers (6 Pin Plug)

Two wires for +/- Rear left speaker
Black (pin 2) = Positive wire for Rear Left Speaker
Yellow (pin 6) = Negative wire for Rear Left Speaker

Two wires for +/- Rear right speaker
Red (pin 1) = Positive wire for Rear Right Speaker
White (pin 3) = Negative wire for Rear Right Speaker

======================================================================

Wire for Radio Ground
Brown (pin 7 on 10 pin plug)

Remote In and Power:
Things start to get rocky here for me. I do see the Radio 12v as Blue, pin 4 on the 10 pin plug,
but there's also the Radio Ignition which from the name strikes me as a "remote in" scenario. That wire is yellow and pin 3 on the 10 pin plug.

Right now my thoughts are Blue Radio 12V as my power to the LOC and then the Radio Ignition would be my source to tap for the LOC Remote in?

Also A Thought:
There is also the wiring at the woofer Amplifier.

Left
Yellow (Pin 1)
Black (Pin 5)

Right
Red (Pin 2)
White (Pin 6)

Factory Amp Turn-On
White (Pin 9)

Could I simply tap in to these instead of behind the Head Unit?

Connect the LOC to a rear signal if doing a sub and use any 12v switched signal for power.
I drew off the cigarette lighter for my switched power source before doing a full audio overhaul.

Don't use the amplified signal for the LOC. They operate on pre-amped (line level) frequencies.

Last edited by drizzoh; 04-28-2021 at 06:27 PM. Reason: *Moved to Correct Thread by Administrator
Old 04-27-2021, 06:07 PM

Hey All,

New tC owner here (hell yeah). I've been cruising through the forums gathering info regarding wiring as I'm installing an amp and sub with a line output converter. Jesus info has been hard to find.
I just wanted to run a few things by everyone to make absolutely sure I've got this right. I've never once tried to do this but I'd like to learn and achieve this myself.

For Tapping Speaker Wiring:

From Front Speakers (10 Pin Plug)

Pink (pin 2) = Positive wire for Front Left Speaker set
Purple (pin 6) = Negative wire for Front Left Speaker set

Light Green (pin 1) = Positive wire for Front Right Speaker set
Light Blue (pin 5) = Negative wire for Front Right Speaker set

*Confusion here as the labelling of the wires are for the tweeter and mid range speakers. Since I would want the bass signals I'd want to tap in
to the full range lower speakers, in which case I see the section regarding the subwoofer which says that the woofer speaker wires are:*

Left Front
Yellow (Pin 1)
Black (Pin 5)

Right Front
Red (Pin 2)
White (Pin 6)

Can anyone confirm which of these speaker wires to tap?

Wire for Radio Ground
Brown (pin 7 on 10 pin plug)

Remote In and Power:
Things are also rocky here for me. I do see the Radio 12v as Blue, pin 4 on the 10 pin plug, but there's also the Radio Ignition which from the name makes me think of it as a non constant power for accessories to turn on only when accessory mode is selected or the car is on. That wire is yellow and pin 3 on the 10 pin plug.
Could I technically run the power wire from the Radio Ignition to the LOC in order to only provide power to the LOC when the car is in accessory mode or fully turned on? Otherwise, to my knowledge the 2015 tC has a Switched 12V so I can just tap the blue 12V power and plug this in to the "Remote In" section of the LOC.

Can anyone confirm?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-28-2021 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:15 PM
SL Member

As said in the Post above yours, tap into the rear speaker wires for your LOC, since they are full range. You may get some weird audio if you tap into the Front woofers, you may not. But I tapped into the Rear speakers for my sub and it sounds decent.

For the Remote Section- it sounds like you'll be able to use either. I forget what I am using, but if you want to be sure it'll work then take a multimeter to the pins you're considering using and cycle the car through ACC, Ignition On, and Off, and make sure it will work.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-28-2021 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:21 PM

Default Bass ****

Pretty darn proud moment lol. It was some janky hacking and finagling but I managed to integrate my bass **** in to that empty plate beside our Fog light button!
Old 05-03-2021, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice. I did the same but drilled a hole in the panel itself so I could still utilize both switch blanks.