Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Audio on Radio cuts out 11, tc

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Default Audio on Radio cuts out 11, tc

Hey guys, I just purchased a 2011 Scion tC (used) and soon after I began having problems with my stereo. After driving it for a week or so my radio began shutting off on me, just the audio, not the backlights and lettering. If I turn the key while moving it temporarily turns the audio back on for about a minute or so then kills again. I have no owners Manual to Checks which fuse is the radio fuse and I can't find anything on the web about it. If you have any ideas, or suggestions please let me know.

Also. It is wired for sound, and has neon glow under the steering column and glove box. Thanks guys
Old 03-11-2016, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scikotics
Hey guys, I just purchased a 2011 Scion tC (used) and soon after I began having problems with my stereo. After driving it for a week or so my radio began shutting off on me, just the audio, not the backlights and lettering. If I turn the key while moving it temporarily turns the audio back on for about a minute or so then kills again. I have no owners Manual to Checks which fuse is the radio fuse and I can't find anything on the web about it. If you have any ideas, or suggestions please let me know.

Also. It is wired for sound, and has neon glow under the steering column and glove box. Thanks guys
To me it doesn't sound like a fuse since it comes on for a minute when you do the thing with the key. If it was a burned fuse I would think it wouldn't work at all. (Don't the fuse covers/panels usually have a guide to which fuse is what?)

if I were to guess it would be something to do with either the wiring for the sound or the interior lighting kit, most likely the sound wiring. I'm not an expert though.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:27 AM

I am having same problem right now, turn car off then on and works for a few seconds then sound cuts out