Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Bluetooth - Iphone

Old 10-28-2010, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Bluetooth - Iphone

I've got two problems:
First, the bluetooth hands-free works fine, but everyone keeps telling me they can barely hear me. I raise my voice and it barely helps. I always end up having to call back from the phone itself.. Anyone else have problems with the bluetooth microphone? any way to heighten the microphone's sensitivity?

Second, and this one's equally annoying, when I have my iPhone plugged to the USB port playing music, and I get a call, the moment I hang up it starts 'streaming' music via the bluetooth connection rather than via USB. Essentially, the volume doubles or triples and I have a hard time fumbling around trying to pause-stop the music.

Am I the only one with these problems? Sucks to say but I'd be glad if I weren't alone with these (weak microphone & bluetooth-usb interference)

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

could be a lot of factors. which iphone do you have? 3g, 3gs or 4? Which firmware are you running? Which bluetooth headset are you using?

i've heard people having problems with bluetooth, but that was fixed with a firmware update. as for the volume, you might have to turn on the bluetooth manually, usually there would be a button. or it could just be the bluetooth you're using.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for your reply Ez,
1) I'm using an iPhone 3g, latest firmware (4.01? 4.02?)

2) I'm not using a bluetooth headset, but the BLU Logic system included in the gen2 tC, where the microphone is between the steering wheel and the speed-rpm gauges.

3) read the instructions manual through and through and haven't seen a mention of controlling the microphone volume.. only the incoming caller's volume coming from the speakers

and 4) that damn interference where the iPhone stops streaming music via USB and suddenly switches to bluetooth streaming.

Blah, I'll see with the dealership what's up with that. Just wanted to confirm whether or not I was the only one !