Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default speakers

help me out guys

i have a 2013 rs8.0...iv always done aftermarket speakers.. had 1000$ in my doors of my last car but it was coming from generic stock car speakers and deck

..we all know there is a pioneer deck..does that mean tho that there is a pioneer system? or maybe a step up in speaker quality opposed to standard car speakers? and what about the wiring, am i gunna have to rewire it or has scion done all that work for me..cuz if so id like to just install my amp and work on the battery for now to give it some more power before i get my hands on everything else

..my amp is also a 4 channel alpine..the car has 8 speakers iv heard you can hook 2 speakers per channel never done it and doesnt sound too smart..maybe if anything hook up the 2 large front and the 2 back? with new wires everywhere then get another amp for the other speakers and sub?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The car has a pioneer deck, with slightly better than generic paper cone speakers. I do not recommend amping the stock speakers, as they are not designed to handle anymore power than the deck is giving them. The car does have 8 speakers, 6 in the front and 2 in the rear. If you are going to hook up your amp, I recommend buying a nice set of 2-way components for the front, and bridging the additional 2 channel for the subwoofer (if your amp can handle this). It is unnecessary to upgrade the rear unless you really want the people in the backseat to have good sound. It really is all about the front sound stage.

And yes, you will need new wiring.