Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Would you buy a Sickspeed shift knob?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Would you buy a Sickspeed shift ****?

Alright guys, I have been talking back and forth with the people at Sickspeed.com about getting us some shift **** options besides the expensive TWM or the expensive TRD. I am afraid they may not come through because they worry about how many they will sell. Although, their ***** will work with our reverse lock, if you get the adapter they make; which looks to add about 3/4 of an inch to the shifter.
Here is the link to their site:

http://sickspeed.com/pages/5s12X1p25nOC.html

They look to have great color/design options!

So my question is, if they make a **** without the adapter and works on our cars, who may be interested?

I am going to send them a link to this thread too, so lets get some feedback and possibly another mod option for us.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope happy with my leather shift **** from toyota
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If a gumball yellow one will work on the auto I will buy one. They have cool stuff.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 PM

I believe they already make shift ***** for our car but they do not sit flush because there is no place for the reverse lock to go to. I have the gold **** 175g and a neocrome **** which is chilling in my car right now.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tbasmnsports
I believe they already make shift ***** for our car but they do not sit flush because there is no place for the reverse lock to go to. I have the gold **** 175g and a neocrome **** which is chilling in my car right now.
Do you have the adapter? See, I am trying to talk them into doing the extra step of hollowing the underside out so that it does sit flush.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Druidiron
Do you have the adapter? See, I am trying to talk them into doing the extra step of hollowing the underside out so that it does sit flush.
I'll try to look for it today after work, I'll take a few pictures of the neochrome one soon though so you can see the fitment.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to look for it today after work, I'll take a few pictures of the neochrome one soon though so you can see the fitment.
Very cool. I have some pics of a **** from them with the adapter, but it's not on a tC so hard to compare; that is why I did not even post it. Please put your pics up so we can see it. It is appreciated.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM

Name:  fWixV.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  503 BytesName:  qE620.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 03-21-2012, 04:40 PM

pardon the spring im about to take it off to reinstall
Old 03-21-2012, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is perfect. Exactly what I thought it would look like without the adapter. If you had the adapter, it would cover the spring, but still increases the overall height which I think most people would try to avoid. I am obviously not a shift **** craftsman, but I would not imagine it would be that hard to make the **** work without the added height and adapter.

That is ultimately what I am trying to do with this thread: show sickspeed that if they build it; we will come...

So please! If you agree with me that you would be interested; say so!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Druidiron
That is perfect. Exactly what I thought it would look like without the adapter. If you had the adapter, it would cover the spring, but still increases the overall height which I think most people would try to avoid. I am obviously not a shift **** craftsman, but I would not imagine it would be that hard to make the **** work without the added height and adapter.

That is ultimately what I am trying to do with this thread: show sickspeed that if they build it; we will come...

So please! If you agree with me that you would be interested; say so!
On the stock shifter there is no spring but i bought the neochrome shift **** just so it wouldnt be any higher. This is the only one that they sell without the adapter.

This being said I would love to buy one with a recess so it would sit flush. Currently I'm looking at the twm hybrid **** but the price is really to much for a ****.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This being said I would love to buy one with a recess so it would sit flush. Currently I'm looking at the twm hybrid **** but the price is really to much for a ****.
Exactly! I have the short shifter as well, so my spring would hang out too, but not like yours does....what is going on there? But I think people with stock shifters would not be able to use the reverse lock at all, with the current way Sickspeed ***** are set up. The stock reverse lock is HUGE, and the adapter does not look that big.

Last edited by Druidiron; 03-21-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I may have to restart this threas to change the name and get more people to look at it. I can't imagine that myself and tbasmnsports are the only ones that want more **** options...

Fun173, sorry to ignore you. I have no idea if it will work with an auto. Try contacting them directly. They are very helpful.

Lastly, and I cant believe I forgot to metion this, Sickspeed is an American company which is very important to me. I know, I am a hypocrite for buying a Japanese car, but it is what I like the best...I looked at domestics too!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a black one from them but i couldn't find the reverse adapter so went with the stealership upgrade wish this was around when i bought my sickspeed **** came with a awesome sticker

would be interested in seeing some options
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Errikos
i have a black one from them but i couldn't find the reverse adapter so went with the stealership upgrade wish this was around when i bought my sickspeed **** came with a awesome sticker

would be interested in seeing some options
Awesome man! Thanks for posting. This is the input I need to get them to run with the ball. I thought people would be all over this but I should have put this thread in the lounge so everyone sees it.

Any comments on the quality of the one you have? I have not seen thier handy work in person, but the pictures look great.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice weight to it and fits very comfortably into my hand has a gloss black finish and thread it perfect got it off ebay a while back and only issue is that the stock reverse lever wont lift without an adapter
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Errikos
nice weight to it and fits very comfortably into my hand has a gloss black finish and thread it perfect got it off ebay a while back and only issue is that the stock reverse lever wont lift without an adapter
Yup. Hopefully with the info I just sent them they could "hollow" out the extra room needed to fit the reverse lock. Just need more people to say they would want one if it was done.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want one!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it sits flush and lockout can be used with stock shifter, than I would by one of the neon gumball ones.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member

The tC2 is 6 speed, not 5. I'm guessing that these were meant for the tC1. I'm sure that these ***** work just fine regardless?

I really like the grey gumball shift ****, not a bad price.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a Sickspeed shift knob?