Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good.

I guess ill get the 55w 6k from DDM with a harness just to be safe.

Do you think they would send me a 55w replacement ballast if my 35w ballast dies and I pay an extra 10 bucks?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would just give them a call, not too sure. I hear they have great customer service though
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you guys know if Xtec or Morimoto for that matter plan to add more color options to their halos. I really like what they've done so far but I'm hoping they keep adding colors or maybe make ones that have multiple color settings! I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Haha
Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 PM

So far I'm not impressed. I ordered a full kit on december 6th and have tried to get further information. After multiple emails have been sent with a receipt number I finally got 1 email, stating I will get a tracking number when it's shipped. Also stated that as stated on the site they are out of stock, site states they will be back in stock in about 7 days (reasonable time frame). that was the middle of last month.... so I decided to give him until the 6th of this month. I sent him an email on the 7th and have recieved no reply. I called and left a voicemail and have not recieved a call back.

So I have paid $170 dollars up front and here a month later I have nothing to show for it.

Impressive.... not in a positive manner either.

Still waiting.

EDIT: I would like to note that I had seen that they were out of stock about a week before I placed my order. I'm not asking for the world, an explanation would be nice, but the snowing I have recieved thus far with minimalistic information/communication is not acceptable.

Last edited by staticinferno; 01-09-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Clarification.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by staticinferno
So far I'm not impressed. I ordered a full kit on december 6th and have tried to get further information. After multiple emails have been sent with a receipt number I finally got 1 email, stating I will get a tracking number when it's shipped. Also stated that as stated on the site they are out of stock, site states they will be back in stock in about 7 days (reasonable time frame). that was the middle of last month.... so I decided to give him until the 6th of this month. I sent him an email on the 7th and have recieved no reply. I called and left a voicemail and have not recieved a call back.

So I have paid $170 dollars up front and here a month later I have nothing to show for it.

Still waiting.

EDIT: I would like to note that I had seen that they were out of stock about a week before I placed my order. I'm not asking for the world, an explanation would be nice, but the snowing I have recieved thus far with minimalistic information/communication is not acceptable.
Who did you place your order from xtec or? Just curious
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still waiting.

This is interesting, especially since you stated you called them and left a voicemail when they don't have a phone number on their website. I personally am in charge of the website and have nothing to do with orders, but if there's anything I can do feel free to let me know!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
This is interesting, especially since you stated you called them and left a voicemail when they don't have a phone number on their website. I personally am in charge of the website and have nothing to do with orders, but if there's anything I can do feel free to let me know!
I figured it was a shot in the dark. there was a phone number posted on the connected facebook page. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out.

@ Tagged: I bought directly from the Xtec Weebly site.

EDIT: Hmm, that's odd. The phone number that was listed seems to have been taken down.

Edit2: Just found an additional number. The one on the FB page was a 904 area code, this one on my bank statement is a 402 area code. Reckon I'll give it a ring to see if this one works.

Edit 3: just looked up the address listed on the facebook page and it lands it right smack in the middle of the university of central florida. seems the number I got from that page is probably incorrect then.

Last edited by staticinferno; 01-09-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: new information
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm I plan on ordering a set of these as my next mod once the car is running good and stable boosted ill be keeping an eye out for when they are in stock
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by scottobahn
I would just give them a call, not too sure. I hear they have great customer service though
Say Scott who did you hear this from? I'm hoping they have a more reliable way of communicating with Xtec than I do. I'm not getting anywhere fast.

EDIT: disregard. I must have skipped a page when reading through. I see you were referring to retrofit.

Last edited by staticinferno; 01-09-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: correction.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not that it makes anything any better, but a little birdy told me that they were working on a new Halo product. I'm not sure if that would affect order speed or not. Just a thought
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@static, I too never received my halos. Placed order on oct 9. I got an email the other day stating that it was shipped on dec 3. Still have nothing to show for it. I asked for my money back and was told they were looking into it. I should have gone with my guy and not ordered them at all. Hoping they just refund me my money. Even if I do receive them, I'm going to sell them.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

@ProjectTC2 Did that little birdy happen to tell you if they're considering red for the lowbeams? Haha

@Scionchicop Have you had problems communicating with them as well or have they replied quickly to your emails?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

@ProjectTC2 Did that little birdy happen to tell you if they're considering red for the lowbeams? Haha

@Scionchicop Have you had problems communicating with them as well or have they replied quickly to your emails?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually I was talking about ddm, but I have heard good things about TRS as well

Say Scott who did you hear this from? I'm hoping they have a more reliable way of communicating with Xtec than I do. I'm not getting anywhere fast.

EDIT: disregard. I must have skipped a page when reading through. I see you were referring to retrofit.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I too asked for a refund. This is unacceptable. I ordered mine almost a month ago and was promised to receive tracking information by the end of the week(two weeks ago) and still nothing.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still no luck. I've emailed and tried to see if projecttc2 could help out with no success. I'm gonna see if I can file a theft report now and also contact the Better Business Bureau. They picked the wrong guy to screw over.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bbb does nothing
Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You emailed me?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I emailed the company about fitment in my xB and they responded literally within two hours. Too bad no one knows if they will fit...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Diffraction
bbb does nothing
Still notifies them of the shady business practices.