Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Building up my 2015 Scion TC & other questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:42 AM

Default Building up my 2015 Scion TC & other questions

i have a couple of questions regarding this car since 3rd party accessories are almost non existent compared to previous versions of the model unless i buy it from scion & my car dealer instead (w/c are quiet pricey).
1. can i eventually make an more upgrades/accessories from scion after my purchase & 1st. set of accessories installed? are they still be able to add fog lights, bespoke premium audio with navigation, leather seats, whatever listed on website in the future?
2. how much are labor costs on those add-ons?
3. do they run some sort of promotions like thanksgiving sales on accessories?
4. are 2014 & 2015 accessories compatible like we say for example car mats (since car is not compatible on most car mats sold from my local vendors)
if yes, can some1 link me a 3rd party vendor. esp. cheapest on price & s&h
5. wheels in the future. are all 19" wheels compatible? esp. cheaper 3rd party ones.
6. what glue to use that is safe for my dashboard. like putting a figure that sticks well on my dashboard
7. are vinyl stickers safe on the car's paint? esp. this one Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Anime Car Decal Sticker 042 Giant Size 22" x 32" | eBay
am kinda considering to put this thing on an anime convention that will happen in my town
8. what other stuffs i can add on my car in the future. how much usually are those. i do like shiny ones lol
Old 07-19-2014, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. yes, you can add most scion accessories at any time
2. refer to your specific dealer, but most of the accessories on the scion website are quoted installed (including labor). for instance, i got my scion side body graphic installed after my purchase and the price was exactly the same as quoted on the site.
3. haven't ever seen sales or promos on accessories
4. not sure what you mean by this...if you're asking if 2014 parts/accessories will fit your 2015, then yes. in fact, most parts that fit anything 2011+ will be compatible
5. not all 3rd party wheels...but any wheels that have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and 60mm hub bore. choosing wheel width and offset is a whole different beast, you'd want to check out the wheel and tire section for info on that.
6. good question...i'd personally never do that so I hope someone else has the answer to that.
7. yes, you can add stickers. i'm sure the paint will wear differently underneath the sticker over time though. so if you ever sell/trade the car and remove the sticker you will probably be able to see where the sticker was if it was there for awhile. if you are just putting on for a convention and then removing soon after, you should be perfectly fine.

8. depends on what other kinds of stuffs you're talking about. there are tons of different things you can do to this car. whatever your imagination can create, you can do...it really is that simple. it's a very easy car to work on.