Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

drizzohs 2014 tC2.5 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Proxy_J
Apparently, Dezod is dead and not making products anymore, so is there a good performance header/cat assembly that won't break the bank? Sorry if I'm lazy for not digging through several pages to try and find the answer, but I'm already sleep-deprived XD

Thanks in advance
Dezod is super dead. Hooray for a useless lifetime warranty.

Nothing else available that I know of - I've heard speculation that of one of the Magnaflow options adds some performance but haven't seen any numbers to back that up. Anything else would just rasp unless you have a lot of resonators on the midpipe (basically ALL resonators).

Last edited by drizzoh; 09-30-2022 at 10:03 PM. Reason: needed clarification
Old 04-18-2022, 04:42 PM
SL Member

Could you define a raspy exhaust?
Old 04-18-2022, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Could you define a raspy exhaust?
Please don't make me google sh*tty sounding exhausts for you. Just google how the Megan midpipe sounds on this car, that should give you an idea.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:19 AM
SL Member

I had already ordered one of those before I originally commented XD
Old 04-19-2022, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had already ordered one of those before I originally commented XD
🤢
Old 09-28-2022, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Found an old front end shot from a while back that I forgot to post up here, and my thread needed updating so..:

Old 09-29-2022, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love that both the arrival and departure lighting works on the car now (turn signals staying lit for 30 sec when locking / unlocking). So freaking cool and I'd bet there's not another in a 100 mile radius that does it lol.

Also this looks good clean. Not bad for ~93k miles.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:59 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by drizzoh
Please stop spamming my thread with your exhaust. Start your own thread.
Wow, okay Mr. Rude. I wasn't "spamming" just following the conversation. But please, oh mighty one, do continue without me *bows*
Old 09-30-2022, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Wow, okay Mr. Rude. I wasn't "spamming" just following the conversation. But please, oh mighty one, do continue without me *bows*
I don't see that @drizzoh was being rude for his ask. Typically "just following the conversation" would entail commenting on something specific to his build thread.

You're more than welcome to start your own build thread or if you'd like to post the YouTube link to your exhaust in its own thread, within the appropriate section, then feel free. And, as an aside, I'm a fan of Borla exhausts and had one on my GS300 after going through a few others.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You were following your own posts in my thread. Have not once commented on my build, just immediately started asking questions about exhaust and carrying on when I was clearly not interested. Feel free to post about whatever you want in your own threads, but please refrain from posting in mine unless you have something to contribute.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally decided that after sitting on the shelf for about 3 years, it was time to swap in my rear Moog endlinks. My factory links were in good shape but the bushings were all cracked and I've been getting some random creaking when flexing this thing out. Figured since I had them already I might as well throw them on. Unexpected bonus is that they're about 1/2" shorter which made the rear bar sit much more level. With a lowered car, that makes for a more neutral feeling rear end over bumps and sharper turn in response and better handling capabilities. The car feels really good but haven't driven enough to notice if the creak is gone. Either way, successful 20 min under the tC this weekend.

Last edited by drizzoh; 10-24-2022 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:29 PM
SL Member

So now what will do do with all that extra shelf space?
Your paint still has that amazing sheen. I take it you've never been 4 wheelin with it. I'm surprised. With that roof rack, i pegged you for the "outdoors-man" type..
Old 10-25-2022, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by joeq
So now what will do do with all that extra shelf space?
Your paint still has that amazing sheen. I take it you've never been 4 wheelin with it. I'm surprised. With that roof rack, i pegged you for the "outdoors-man" type..
Lol I still have a box of other replacement parts that I bought years ago for this thing expecting it to shred parts like my Mazda but nothing ever breaks on this car. It's been insanely reliable.

tC is for the commute and the roof rack is for the bikes:

But I have this for the dirt

Old 10-26-2022, 12:33 PM
SL Member

Oh, now I see. (The 4 wheeler). Toyota. Should've known.Lol. Nice photography, on your part.

Old 11-07-2022, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Washed and polished the car this weekend. Buffed the headlights again too.

Old 11-08-2022, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since I don't have to fold the rear seats down much anymore, I thought it would be cool to finally be able to add some bracing back there. The Stealthbox prevents me from doing the strut bar but at least I can do the C Pillar brace to hopefully increase the structural rigidity of the hatch. Supposed to help with some random creaks and moans the car has as well. There's been too much traffic to be able to get this to any speed where it would make a difference so far, but it looks pretty rad in the hatch and in the rear view mirror.

Old 11-11-2022, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So after a few days driving with c pillar brace I can say the car is definitely less creaky, the rear feels like it rides softer and the car as a whole feels better balanced (keep in mind I have a few other braces up front and under the chassis so the rear needed to be stiffened up to match). Somehow it also feels like I have improved turn-in response and increased grip from the front wheels. Danny @ TBPerformance says this acts as a chassis damper which is where the increased suppleness comes from and that the increased handling is due to this preventing sudden changes in alignment and allowing the suspension to do its job more effectively (similar to the front mid-chassis brace). Overall, it's nothing drastic but improvements you will feel if you drive the car to its limits every day like I do. Happy I picked this up, and it's cool as hell to see every time I open the hatch.

Last edited by drizzoh; 11-14-2022 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:42 PM
SL Member

Cool, and you could "double duty" it, by hanging some clothes off of it. (For those weekend camping outings.)
Old 01-23-2023, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Roof Rack: Deleted
WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors: Added

Old 01-24-2023, 12:41 PM
SL Member

Such a nice clean "aerodynamic" look. Bet you picked up 5 more MPGs, and 10 more MPHs. Now, to find a small PU to get your mountain bikes to and fro.
(By the way, being from New England, and just returning from a short fla. vac., I can appreciate the tree in your background.) It was sunny and 70 yesterday, (Fla.), and today, it is 33, and snow.

Quick Reply: drizzohs 2014 tC2.5 thread