Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Jake's tC RS 7.0 Build Thread "NOAVGTC"

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I changed my mind on keeping it cheap for a while, I now have my K&N Short Ram on the way.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkillFreeJake
Ok I changed my mind on keeping it cheap for a while, I now have my K&N Short Ram on the way.
Nice man! Keep up the modding!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good! I like the frost look
Old 10-09-2013, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys!

Oh and Happy BDay yardley ;)
Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default SRI is on!

Looky what I put on today!

Holy crap this intake is awesome. It sounds amazing when the car is still but what I love most is that if I hit the gas just right (around the 2-4k rpm range), it gives my car that Subaru "growl" that made me cringe the first time I heard it.

It was pretty difficult to install but that was mostly because of my very little experience with intakes. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the car won't stay on, but a friend of mine told me to just reset the ecu and that seemed to work. derp

Either way, it's the best $270 I've spent all month.

Up next, maybe I'll finally go for that ooga horn...
Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looky what I put on today!

Holy crap this intake is awesome. It sounds amazing when the car is still but what I love most is that if I hit the gas just right (around the 2-4k rpm range), it gives my car that Subaru "growl" that made me cringe the first time I heard it.

It was pretty difficult to install but that was mostly because of my very little experience with intakes. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the car won't stay on, but a friend of mine told me to just reset the ecu and that seemed to work. derp

Either way, it's the best $270 I've spent all month.

Up next, maybe I'll finally go for that ooga horn...
awesome.... glad you like it! thanks for the bday wishes lol!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Update!

I've got a few things done this week...

Firstly I got rid of my HID fog lights because they were not very yellow and took FOREVER to warm up completely. So I ditched the idea of HID fog lights altogether and went with Noyka 2500k Halogens. They look better to me because they are more yellow, warm up much faster and aren't so bright they over power the headlights (like the HID's did).

I also did the independent fog light mod which was a piece of cake, and I wish I had done it so much sooner.

Secondly, I saw someone on Facebook selling a brand new pair of Spec-D tails for $175 and jumped on that one quick. Man I am glad I did. They look awesome but unfortunately I did get the gap in the driver's side light that a lot of people get, but it's not too noticeable.

And about a week ago I bought a pair of headrest monitors from a friend for cheap, but I still haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I know, headrest monitors are cheesy but I DO show my car quite often and having something like that to play music videos or play games is great and brings up my car's entertainment value.

But for now I am just going to try to take it easy (not that that ever happens ) since I spent my entire last paycheck on car parts and tools in a week. If I get anything, it'll most likely be under $100.

That's it for now!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks great, I don't even see any gap
I also like these new tail lights much more.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got a few things done this week...

Firstly I got rid of my HID fog lights because they were not very yellow and took FOREVER to warm up completely. So I ditched the idea of HID fog lights altogether and went with Noyka 2500k Halogens. They look better to me because they are more yellow, warm up much faster and aren't so bright they over power the headlights (like the HID's did).

I also did the independent fog light mod which was a piece of cake, and I wish I had done it so much sooner.

Secondly, I saw someone on Facebook selling a brand new pair of Spec-D tails for $175 and jumped on that one quick. Man I am glad I did. They look awesome but unfortunately I did get the gap in the driver's side light that a lot of people get, but it's not too noticeable.

And about a week ago I bought a pair of headrest monitors from a friend for cheap, but I still haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I know, headrest monitors are cheesy but I DO show my car quite often and having something like that to play music videos or play games is great and brings up my car's entertainment value.

But for now I am just going to try to take it easy (not that that ever happens ) since I spent my entire last paycheck on car parts and tools in a week. If I get anything, it'll most likely be under $100.

That's it for now!
looks great man, one of my fav builds for sure. i really like the tails!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys
Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking about getting the same bulbs for my fogs, how do they perform? I don't really want to go the HID route for the fogs since I'm sure it will give me some pretty wicked glare! Any change you could post some pics at night??

Awesome build by the way, I was thinking about using plasti-dip to frost my tail lights, now that I've seen them, its something I will be doing
Old 11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by D_Thissen
I was thinking about getting the same bulbs for my fogs, how do they perform? I don't really want to go the HID route for the fogs since I'm sure it will give me some pretty wicked glare! Any change you could post some pics at night??

Awesome build by the way, I was thinking about using plasti-dip to frost my tail lights, now that I've seen them, its something I will be doing
Thanks man. The bulbs are pretty good, believe it or not. They are pretty yellow (but could still use some yellow vinyl) but not as bright as HID's by a long way. They are about the same brightness as the stock bulbs. I have a pic at night up there with the low beams on.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 AM

BIG update!

I got the exhaust installed! It sounds great!

lol, I'm kidding.

But yeah, it is on and it sounds amazing. Not too loud but still has an amazing deep tone that can be heard at any rpm. I wouldn't want any other (axle-back) exhaust. And no more ugly ___ stock muffler!

I also made a comparison video -

And part #2, the head unit, was also put in -

This thing is awesome. It has everything you could ever want and more. Plus it sounds 100x better than the stock HU. Also, touch screens.

Up next: I don't even know. I'll be out of town for a couple weeks so nothing during that time. After that, maybe I can get something cheaper, like, interior lighting.

First question what head unit is that I see pioneer, but what model? And second question, did u get to keep your steering wheel controls cause I was thinking about putting one in mine just don't want to lose those controls.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Perez1291
First question what head unit is that I see pioneer, but what model? And second question, did u get to keep your steering wheel controls cause I was thinking about putting one in mine just don't want to lose those controls.
It's an AVIC-X940BT. And no I couldn't keep my controls because the shop I used wanted to charge me like and extra $200 for the install and programming of the module. They sell a module on Amazon for around $50 that is supposed to work really well and program itself
Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's an AVIC-X940BT. And no I couldn't keep my controls because the shop I used wanted to charge me like and extra $200 for the install and programming of the module. They sell a module on Amazon for around $50 that is supposed to work really well and program itself
I bought a PAC converter for $40 shipped and works great. There may be different converters out there because for example the PAC required to solder in a resistor that is supplied with the kit for everything to function correctly, but you'll lose your "mode" or "source" function, but seek and volume still remain.

Also, since a shop installed your headunit, you're unable to watch videos while in motion as they most likely tied the parking brake wire to your actual parking brake. Find that wire and ground it and won't need the parking brake to watch movies.

Back on topic, keep up the good work!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid
I bought a PAC converter for $40 shipped and works great. There may be different converters out there because for example the PAC required to solder in a resistor that is supplied with the kit for everything to function correctly, but you'll lose your "mode" or "source" function, but seek and volume still remain.

Also, since a shop installed your headunit, you're unable to watch videos while in motion as they most likely tied the parking brake wire to your actual parking brake. Find that wire and ground it and won't need the parking brake to watch movies.

Back on topic, keep up the good work!
True, the one I found is by Metra and it apparently programs itself.
Amazon.com: Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) (Old Version): Electronics Amazon.com: Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) (Old Version): Electronics

Yeah I know they didn't ground the wire but I would never want to watch a video while moving anyway, so it's not really necessary.

But thanks for the suggestions
Old 11-04-2013, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

True, the one I found is by Metra and it apparently programs itself.
Amazon.com: Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) (Old Version): Electronics

Yeah I know they didn't ground the wire but I would never want to watch a video while moving anyway, so it's not really necessary.

But thanks for the suggestions
Interesting, they're fairly easy to install. But no problem, keep up the good work.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid
Interesting, they're fairly easy to install. But no problem, keep up the good work.
Thanks man
Old 11-04-2013, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Squeaky Clean

4 hours of washing and waxing? Totally worth it.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dem feels lol. Cool picture though! Nice build man.

Quick Reply: Jake's tC RS 7.0 Build Thread "NOAVGTC"