Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Midnight Build Thread (New hood and other mods)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kyleptrsn1
Thanks alot man. I noticed you used the planted seat brackets. Do you know know if I could get a slider bracket for those? I really like being able to mave my seat lol.
Ya man sliders are on mine. The sliders mount to the seat and if needs be you drill into the bracket but thr planted bracket has many options for sliders. My sparco's fit.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man thanks a lot for the help. I found some Corbeau seat brackets but I'm afraid that they're for the TC1 and not my car. So yeah the Planted ones make way more sense especially if I can put sliders on there. Definitely gonna happen here soon, I really want those seats. I just need to find out if I can get Clazzio back seat covers by themselves. Gotta have every thing match if you know what I mean.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man thanks a lot for the help. I found some Corbeau seat brackets but I'm afraid that they're for the TC1 and not my car. So yeah the Planted ones make way more sense especially if I can put sliders on there. Definitely gonna happen here soon, I really want those seats. I just need to find out if I can get Clazzio back seat covers by themselves. Gotta have every thing match if you know what I mean.
ya man no problem at all!, order from 425 motorsports if you want i know that they sell them and the service i got from them was amazing. they only deal in seat, brackets and belts and stuff so they are ideal for this!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey man did you end up putting the seats in?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 AM

Very, very nice build. Was blown away with the turbo mod! Wish I could get my hands on one of those kits. *tear. How much power that get you to?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys I know I haven't been on a lot lately. Had some major life changes these past couple weeks. I ended up moving to a different apartment and doing something new at work. The car has kind of been put on the back burner for now. At least until I can get everything else in my life figured out again.

I'm still planning on buying the seats, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. One of these days I will. Lol

To the guy above me, thanks a lot for the compliment. I've poured my heart and soul into this car. The turbo put me at right around 300 hp. Definitely worth every penny, the extra tourqe has been amazing.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what type of shifting are you doing if your right hand never moves from the steering wheel?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I had to hold the camera too haha. I know it was a pull. I think it was a 3rd gear pull.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ordered my TWM short shifter today! I'll be ordering my new seats in the next week or so.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ordered my TWM short shifter today! I'll be ordering my new seats in the next week or so.
Thats sweet man, what seats did you get? or are you keeping us in suspense?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you order a weighted shift ****? I'm trying to see if TWM will let me add one to my order a weeks after buying the short shifter. You get $25 off a **** when you order it with the shifter.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the shift **** that came with the car so I didn't see the need to get a new one.

As for the seats, corbeau a4's in black cloth. I haven't ordered them yet but I will be next week.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just ordered my seats! Can't wait to get them in!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just ordered my seats! Can't wait to get them in!
ya man, thats awesome, its a relatively easy install, you will probably have a flashing seatbelt warning light and an airbag light. I have not been able to find a resistor to clear up the lights. what are your plans?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yardleyTC
ya man, thats awesome, its a relatively easy install, you will probably have a flashing seatbelt warning light and an airbag light. I have not been able to find a resistor to clear up the lights. what are your plans?
I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm sure I'll figure something out. The corbeau seats are supposed to have all the same sensors so hopefully it'll be plug and play but if I have to make a defeater I'll do so.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm sure I'll figure something out. The corbeau seats are supposed to have all the same sensors so hopefully it'll be plug and play but if I have to make a defeater I'll do so.
if you make a defector ill buy it from you!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha okay. I'll look into it when I get my seats.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I think I did something today that has never been done on our cars before. I combined the TRD quickshifter with the TWM short shifter. Like many who have questioned this I feared that since you are just repositioning the cables on both ends it would feel loose or just not as smooth as it should. After installing the combo and testing it out, I can say that this is BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST MODS YOU CAN DO! The gear shifter barely moves as you go through the gears and each gear is made known by a soft click.
The only thing that is taking me a while to get used to is that the reverse lock out is made of metal now and not plastic. It definitely feels more pronounced now. My only fear is that since it is made of metal it will be unbearable to touch when it is extremely hot or cold.

DO this mod!!! haha

Last edited by Kyleptrsn1; 11-26-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I think I did something today that has never been done on our cars before. I combined the TRD quickshifter with the TWM short shifter. Like many who have question ed this I feared that since you are just repositioning the cables it would feel loose or just not as smooth as it should. After installing the combo and testing it out, I can say that this is BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST MODS YOU CAN DO! The gear shifter barely moves as you go through the gears and each gear is made known by a soft click.
The only thing that is taking me a while to get used to is that the reverse lock out is made of metal now and not plastic. It definitely feels more pronounced now. My only fear is that since it is made of metal it will be unbearable to touch when it is extremely hot or cold.

DO this mod!!! haha
I was considering doing the same on my 13 tc2 what did this run you for the shifters though?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the TRD installed when I bought the car. I think it was $150? The TWM i used the pre black friday discount so it only cost $250 for that one. I don't think I could have ever convinced my self to drop that much at once on something I didn't know would work. But the year difference between the two made me want to try it.

Quick Reply: Midnight Build Thread (New hood and other mods)