Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

my 2012 tC2 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:58 PM
SL Member

I'll put it up late tonight to tmw morning tried to upload pics through phone but couldn't get it to work.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

download the photobucket app. it makes it really easy.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 PM
SL Member

TCluvr here are the pics for how i installed the switch for the unichip.

my 2012 tC2 build-unichip1.jpg

my 2012 tC2 build-unichip2.jpg

my 2012 tC2 build-unichip3.jpg
Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM
SL Member

installed the heated leather seat covers last week.

my 2012 tC2 build-083.jpg

my 2012 tC2 build-084.jpg

my 2012 tC2 build-085.jpg
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Klope1! I have the injen cai so it will be really tight for me. That and I have HIDs on the fog lights and headlight=lots of wires on that area lol
Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 AM
SL Member

Should still be fine for the fitment or u can try running the wire somewhere else inside the engine bay. I put near the headlight so it's kind of hidden and out of the way from being messed with by anyone looking at the car.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I put it right next to the battery. And this Unichip is awesome! Definitely worth the money.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Klope1
No I didn't see the point in spending the extra money on that. I just keep the the aggressive setting that extra $$$ could go towards another part
How and where does the unichip plug in and does it only have two settings regular and sport? How do u switch between I researched it a lil but I've just got a few qiestions. I'd like to possibly do some tuning of my own is it capable of thst?

Sent from " NOT AN iPHONE "
Old 07-15-2013, 09:06 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCluvr
Yeah I put it right next to the battery. And this Unichip is awesome! Definitely worth the money.
are you starting to get better gas mileage yet?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tc13
How and where does the unichip plug in and does it only have two settings regular and sport? How do u switch between I researched it a lil but I've just got a few qiestions. I'd like to possibly do some tuning of my own is it capable of thst?

Sent from " NOT AN iPHONE "
it plugs into 3 sensors intake, throttle body, (forgot the last sensor but you have to bleed out the air). its all in the instruction book. the unichip can hold up yo 5 maps with the switch like i have i can only run 2 of them(all you need truthfully). if you would like all 5 maps ready for use at any go with the flux display. i leave mine on the aggressive setting 'I' on my switch. no you can not tune it yourself but there are many maps to choose from. if you do not have any experience tuning then please don't try. easy way to blow an engine and running it lean. even the pros sometimes have issues thats why some tune shops stick to certain car models such as euro, jdm, amqwerizxcasdn, sometimes strictly , evos, Subaru, and etc. some shops wont even bother with other cars or 4cyl.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

installed the heated leather seat covers last week.

Attachment 14719

Attachment 14720

Attachment 14721

Just a suggestion, I mean, too late. Ever thought of mounting your seat warmer buttons on the side of the seat? I mounted mine into the plastic of the side of seat towards door. I just reach down with left hand as driver, and click mine up, high, mid off, and low down. and passenger has theirs on the right side.

Can take pics if you want, but the buttons are less conspicuous
Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
Just a suggestion, I mean, too late. Ever thought of mounting your seat warmer buttons on the side of the seat? I mounted mine into the plastic of the side of seat towards door. I just reach down with left hand as driver, and click mine up, high, mid off, and low down. and passenger has theirs on the right side.

Can take pics if you want, but the buttons are less conspicuous
no i didn't even think of that. i guess bc i like to keep everything in front of me and in my reach, but thats actually a very good location. the flat surface in front of the shifter i'm planing on using for other switches in the future. (audio,lighting (not really sure about it), i looked into bags also.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i didn't even think of that. i guess bc i like to keep everything in front of me and in my reach, but thats actually a very good location. the flat surface in front of the shifter i'm planing on using for other switches in the future. (audio,lighting (not really sure about it), i looked into bags also.
give me a minute or two, i'll go take a picture.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 PM
SL Member

FreedomPenguin

@FreedomPenguin looks more clean and original. nice im jealous now lol.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you for the compliment, I just wanted to show you it as i think if you ever decided to move it, you could always do it then.

I am actually selling my tC or trading it in for a turbo fully packaged hyundai veloster.. so no reaosn to be jealous!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 AM
SL Member

Thank you for the compliment, I just wanted to show you it as i think if you ever decided to move it, you could always do it then.

I am actually selling my tC or trading it in for a turbo fully packaged hyundai veloster.. so no reaosn to be jealous!
Welcome. good luck with the veloster they're nice cars. have you test drove one yet.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome. good luck with the veloster they're nice cars. have you test drove one yet.

I have, friend has a 13 with turbo, 200hp, 190 some pounds of tq. but they get 26mpg city.. 37highway. I will miss oem audio, but im still debating heavily..

I paid 21k for car.. with 1k rebate for being military, so 22k car + like 5k in items, from oem audio, tinting, clear bra, hid's, heated leather interior, sound deadening, full alarm and auto start etc...

I am too deep, if i sell car for 20k is what dealer would give, + pay 5k more for the turbo veloster = 10k thrown out window. which i cannot justify unless someone bought car on craigslist, where i listed for 24k if someone did 24k i would buy it, but my car also has a 100k 7-8year platinum warranty.

didnt mean to make it a long post, but i kind of regret buying my tC. Lesson learned.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 AM
SL Member

I have, friend has a 13 with turbo, 200hp, 190 some pounds of tq. but they get 26mpg city.. 37highway. I will miss oem audio, but im still debating heavily..

I paid 21k for car.. with 1k rebate for being military, so 22k car + like 5k in items, from oem audio, tinting, clear bra, hid's, heated leather interior, sound deadening, full alarm and auto start etc...

I am too deep, if i sell car for 20k is what dealer would give, + pay 5k more for the turbo veloster = 10k thrown out window. which i cannot justify unless someone bought car on craigslist, where i listed for 24k if someone did 24k i would buy it, but my car also has a 100k 7-8year platinum warranty.

didnt mean to make it a long post, but i kind of regret buying my tC. Lesson learned.
yep 201hp/193 lbs on those but about almost 500lbs heavier. the base models gives 26/37 mpg and the turbo i believe is 24/31. the clear bra stuff not worth it i thought about it b4 i bought it and talk to a friend that works at an auto body shop and he told me its a dealer gimic and nobody can tell if they really put it on or not. how many miles do you have on the car and sometimes it may be better to just keep it so that way your not throwing 10K out the window. maybe spend a lil money on something for the tC that will make it more enjoyable to drive. i changed a lot of peoples minds when they test drove my car but i have done a lot of modifying to it. what dont you like about the tC. nothing wrong with Hyundai either i actually had my girlfriend buy an 03 Tiburon GT V6 fully loaded we looked into the tC1 and celica but they wanted to much and some was just beat to crap and high mileage. she had tibby for a year and no issuses.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep 201hp/193 lbs on those but about almost 500lbs heavier. the base models gives 26/37 mpg and the turbo i believe is 24/31. the clear bra stuff not worth it i thought about it b4 i bought it and talk to a friend that works at an auto body shop and he told me its a dealer gimic and nobody can tell if they really put it on or not. how many miles do you have on the car and sometimes it may be better to just keep it so that way your not throwing 10K out the window. maybe spend a lil money on something for the tC that will make it more enjoyable to drive. i changed a lot of peoples minds when they test drove my car but i have done a lot of modifying to it. what dont you like about the tC. nothing wrong with Hyundai either i actually had my girlfriend buy an 03 Tiburon GT V6 fully loaded we looked into the tC1 and celica but they wanted to much and some was just beat to crap and high mileage. she had tibby for a year and no issuses.

Its a nice car, its just, bleh. feels quite cheap interior like. The clearbra is awesomeee, I spent 1100 for tint+complete front car clear bra'd. I live in alaska, and the weather/rocks here are bad. It really has saved my paint. I didn't get the dealer to do it, but a shop that warranties it for 5 years. Its a nice car overall, 1. Insurance is too damn high on these cars for not being sports cars, 2. Cheap interior

I do love the oem audio in the car though. Yeah unless someone buys it off me for 24k (still losing a few g's) il end up keeping it. getting 35mpg on highway and such, Just hoping insurance drops on this car one day. My car is paid off, and all that. 6 months insurance with just scion tc, is 1600 bucks... add a car, i get multi car discount, its 1500. (i added a truck just because of insurance) doesn't even get driven. Its still rediuclous to pay 200+ a month with a clean record. Granted I am 22 years old.

Its a good DD. idk, maybe im having buyers remorse after driving another car that I found to have same cost invested and has 10x nicer interior and options =\ our tc interior really blows. truly does.

Quick Reply: my 2012 tC2 build