Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

^^overall i would agree. i'm currently sticking it out with the stockies until the money is right on some rims

but for people that just want to be different, but not completely different. its a good "mod" with that said...plasti dip might have been a more economical way to go
Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oblivionlord
the powder coat really helps those wheels however they still look like cheap basic wheels. It would have been better to invest in more stylish wheels to start than to just surface the stock wheels.
Well but of course. Obviously we would all rather get new wheels.

Investing in 'more stylish wheels' will come with a much more stylish price tag.

Spending a couple hundred to paint the stock wheels is a great alternative to spending well over a grand on a new set of wheels/tires if you don't have that kind of cash floating around.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

power coating (or plasti dipin') is a fine thing to do if 1) you know you will not have money for rims/dont want rims/dont want to spend money on rims or 2) you are someone that really wants it now

because if you spend say $200 on powdercoating....and later end up paying $1k on rims/tires...u just spent $1200 overall when you could have just waited and saved urself the $200.

however, i digress...each person is different and has different motives/visions for their ride. and with a "fully" customizable vehicle like ours...some times money doesn't matter
Old 11-01-2011, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just did calipers red this weekend, came out pretty good

Not bad for 7 buckls and an hr of time!
Attached Thumbnails New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011-img00103-20111029-1105.jpg   New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011-img00104-20111029-1207.jpg   New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011-img00105-20111029-1221.jpg   New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011-img00106-20111029-1328.jpg   New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011-img00107-20111029-1329.jpg  

Old 11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Now you've only got one thing holding you back, Scott...wheel gap!!
I know!!! well as soon as i sell these orther rims im gonna use the money for some eibachs or tein springs to lower it a lil!! I also just put the powdercoated lugz on, now im missing a center cap haha but i gta get another one anyway, so you think leave silver on them?? Also just painted my calipers check em out!!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by robophynoex
Those other wheels were pretty dope man, they stand out. Everyones got the blacked stockies.
Yea i know everybody does, idk i think it looks better now just more idk flows better, anyway thanks for the feedback bro I appreciate it!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ronald2
Looks awesome! Good call on the powder coat, did it cost a lot?
Wasnt bad at all, 180 and only took a day turnaround, thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
not a fan but to each his own
Fan of the stockies or two tone??
Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by topher86
Ya sorry dude Im with the others. Simple is better when you have to look at them for 10 min to an hour to figure out if you like them then better sell them and find something that you can for sure say you like
Yea i wish I would of considered that before lol, impulsive decision ya know haha tyhanks for the reply!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oblivionlord
the powder coat really helps those wheels however they still look like cheap basic wheels. It would have been better to invest in more stylish wheels to start than to just surface the stock wheels.
Yea idk, I mean i dont think they look that cheap :/ either way I think that it looks clean now, especially at night the shole blacked out look is pretty sweet to me, thank for the reply though feedback is always weldcomed
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well but of course. Obviously we would all rather get new wheels.

Investing in 'more stylish wheels' will come with a much more stylish price tag.

Spending a couple hundred to paint the stock wheels is a great alternative to spending well over a grand on a new set of wheels/tires if you don't have that kind of cash floating around.
'

Couldnt of said it any better biglil! haha thanks! yea I cant spend that much at the moment ha
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
power coating (or plasti dipin') is a fine thing to do if 1) you know you will not have money for rims/dont want rims/dont want to spend money on rims or 2) you are someone that really wants it now

because if you spend say $200 on powdercoating....and later end up paying $1k on rims/tires...u just spent $1200 overall when you could have just waited and saved urself the $200.

however, i digress...each person is different and has different motives/visions for their ride. and with a "fully" customizable vehicle like ours...some times money doesn't matter
Yea that is true, savin couple hundred, although I just dont see myself spending an arm and a leg on rims unless I was to freakishly come into a grip of cash ha but your right each person is different and yea for sure, but at the moment I just cant dump a ton out into it, plus I mean it is my dd and if i had another and could use this as a show car or project car sure, but with kids work and school its just not possible. BUT haha that five axis set up and there wheels are ones if i had the money i wouldnt mind owning!! ahah thanks guys again!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

scott...see that icon next to "quote" looks like two pieces of paper...

next time u can click those on the posts to reply to...then on the last one also click "quote"

then u will get a single reply page with everything quoted and u can write ur comments inbetween the quote blocks.

nothing bad, just some useful info u might want to use in the future. but yea! good luck to u...kids work school AND modding the car!? i applaud you
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

scott...see that icon next to "quote" looks like two pieces of paper...

next time u can click those on the posts to reply to...then on the last one also click "quote"

then u will get a single reply page with everything quoted and u can write ur comments inbetween the quote blocks.

nothing bad, just some useful info u might want to use in the future. but yea! good luck to u...kids work school AND modding the car!? i applaud you
hehe sry, not too cpu savvy, I was wondering how to do that too haha no worries thanks for the info def useful instead of what i did haha and yea its crazy but I make time for myself, stress relief, always gta make time for yourself ya know
Old 11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol, yeah that was a lot of quoting haha. Anyway I really agree with you on the Five Axis wheels. Whenever I get my credit card paid off from all the mods I just bought, I'm going to toss a set of those on.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

5axis FTW!

haha i know A LOT of people that are close with the owner of 5axis...but still havnt met the owner himself...hopefully soon, then ill get my wheels
Old 11-02-2011, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol, yeah that was a lot of quoting haha. Anyway I really agree with you on the Five Axis wheels. Whenever I get my credit card paid off from all the mods I just bought, I'm going to toss a set of those on.
That will look dope, paying off credit cards haha geez if only, i wish I could, wanna pay mine too?? lol

5axis FTW!

haha i know A LOT of people that are close with the owner of 5axis...but still havnt met the owner himself...hopefully soon, then ill get my wheels
Where is 5 axis based out of??? are they just on with toyota or whats the story i dont know much about them.... :/
Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

5axis is their own company based in huntington beach, ca

they do concept vehicles (scion/toyota being one of the companies that contracted them) and then started five ad (or five axis design) and made body kits and rims for consumer cars

the owner is an honorary member of Scion Evolution SoCal...to the point that all his concepts had SE stickers on it and other car clubs complained so scion corp told him to remove them....currently he only has SE stickers on his personal cars

oh and my connections are that im an SE member and the people i know at OEM Audio+ know the owner of 5axis...they are suppose to introduce me but everyone has been busy lately cause of SEMA. maybe ill finally meet him there tomorrow or thursday when im there
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScottPHX
Not bad for 7 buckls and an hr of time!
So sexy! Wheels and brakes look good! The rims I'm getting kind of look just like the stock tc rims but they have way more concave and much much wider and flat black. Have them by the beginning of next year when they come out I'll keep you guys posted!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

5axis is their own company based in huntington beach, ca

they do concept vehicles (scion/toyota being one of the companies that contracted them) and then started five ad (or five axis design) and made body kits and rims for consumer cars

the owner is an honorary member of Scion Evolution SoCal...to the point that all his concepts had SE stickers on it and other car clubs complained so scion corp told him to remove them....currently he only has SE stickers on his personal cars

oh and my connections are that im an SE member and the people i know at OEM Audio+ know the owner of 5axis...they are suppose to introduce me but everyone has been busy lately cause of SEMA. maybe ill finally meet him there tomorrow or thursday when im there
Damn, thats crazy im gonna look into them more also thanks! Good luck hopefully he will be there too!

Originally Posted by Backinblacktc2
So sexy! Wheels and brakes look good! The rims I'm getting kind of look just like the stock tc rims but they have way more concave and much much wider and flat black. Have them by the beginning of next year when they come out I'll keep you guys posted!
Thanks man!! Your ride is so sick im definetly a lil jealous haha! jk but no great work man and what rims are they?? Do you have a pic or link to post? Look forward to seeing them on the mamba!

Quick Reply: New TC2 Rims!! Thoughts? **Updated, new pics, rims, calipers, heat shield**11-07-2011