Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Price for new 2016 TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:43 AM

Default Price for new 2016 TC

There is one brand new 2016 TC left. There is no love for this car as I watched this car for months on the lot. No, I've not gotten one since I join this form. I did email the dealer months ago, and honestly, it's the least "aggressive" dealership - like they don't care. Maybe it was just him. Anyhow, the car I wanted is still there. This is a manual, and maybe that's why it's still no sold. Or maybe the dealer is not willing to really deal.

In my search for a TC, I don't care if it's new or used. Price does matter, but I want to pay that's right, if there is such a thing. I can afford both new and used.

So my question is, what should be my offer? How much off MSRP should I ask for today?

I can't find any info on incentives or deals. Today is 3/30/17. That TC has been on the lot for 7 months now.

I think this TC is yelling out my name...
Old 04-03-2017, 04:46 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by YipMan_Style

So my question is, what should be my offer? How much off MSRP should I ask for today? I can't find any info on incentives or deals. Today is 3/30/17. That TC has been on the lot for 7 months now.
You need to tell us where (City, State) that vehicle you want is located.

If we can find that Vehicle's Information sticker and what Options and Accessories are on it, we might be able a price you can offer to that Dealer.

It makes a big difference if this is a stock vehicle, or loaded, or a Release Series 10.0

What City or State matter. Which Dealer matters. Prices can vary all over.

If you want a Price Offer, you need to provide Accurate Information.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by MR_LUV
You need to tell us where (City, State) that vehicle you want is located.

If we can find that Vehicle's Information sticker and what Options and Accessories are on it, we might be able a price you can offer to that Dealer.

It makes a big difference if this is a stock vehicle, or loaded, or a Release Series 10.0

What City or State matter. Which Dealer matters. Prices can vary all over.

If you want a Price Offer, you need to provide Accurate Information.

Here is the info.

The car is located at Phoenix, AZ. It's a few hundred miles away.

2016 RS10.0. Only option is fog lights. Manual. From the pic, it looks like 1034 of 1200.

I did see another AZ dealer offering $2000 off RS10.0 a few months back, like November. At the time, there were maybe 4-5 in my state (area). Now there's only one.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Aaah! A Release Series 10.0, a very nice car. I'm partial to Scion Release Series.

The MSRP price in the PHX area for that car was around $24,475

My Sources indicate that a new RS10 manual Sold in the Phoenix, AZ area for $21,835 a few months ago.

Previously, the Scion Pure Pricing worked both ways. Good for them and you get the car at a No Haggle Price.
Now, with Scion no longer, it's just a car sitting on the lot waiting to be sold.

I don't know if the car you want is still there. If so, I would go in and tell them that you area Serious Buyer at that price.

If they refuse, then walk out. Come back during the last week of the month. That when the Sales Associates and Sales Managers have to meet their Sales Quotas.
And the Dealer doesn't want to pay floorplan Inventory interest to their Lenders.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-04-2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Thank you.