Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Spot a TC2 in your area yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member

I'm in the philadelphia suburbs and haven't seen another one yet. Pretty cool being the only one. Just hope it's not a sign of this model struggling.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I spotted the first one I've seen owned by someone other than a dealer today at school. It was black with the lip spoiler.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spotted my first one last night leaving Chris's house. He got in a wreck under the underpass on West Rd. Hope it's totaled so I can buy the trans
Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm afraid the price is scaring peeps away. I mean, kids want Z33's/G35's here and they have better overall performance and bling factor with their friends. $15-20K for one of those vs. same price or morevfor a FWD car? Maybe the style/performance/cheaper interior doesn;t add up. Even the Gencoupe offers a little better performance potential. Toyota has lost the edge
Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
I'm afraid the price is scaring peeps away. I mean, kids want Z33's/G35's here and they have better overall performance and bling factor with their friends. $15-20K for one of those vs. same price or morevfor a FWD car? Maybe the style/performance/cheaper interior doesn;t add up. Even the Gencoupe offers a little better performance potential. Toyota has lost the edge
You can't get one of those new for the same money; that's the difference. Insurance is also almost certainly more for a late-model one of those versus a tC. The gap has narrowed though and the tC isn't quite the value it once was.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i've seen quite a few in my area.. about 4 i think now... still pretty rare.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:47 PM

saw a blue one today parked by a publix!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously!!! A G or a Z used is so much better than a tC new!

I did see my first one in person today. It was black. Gotta say not impressed! There are much better cars for the money you pay for a tC. Regardless of if they are used. It would be much better to buy a used civic or 240 and a old but corrola to drive while you fix the civic or 240 up.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Seriously!!! A G or a Z used is so much better than a tC new!

I did see my first one in person today. It was black. Gotta say not impressed! There are much better cars for the money you pay for a tC. Regardless of if they are used. It would be much better to buy a used civic or 240 and a old but corrola to drive while you fix the civic or 240 up.
My reasoning for my buy.
Civic = girl's car/to many
used sports cars have been driven hard by people you don't know.
TC = lots of features, good warranty
Forte SX = Ok, rear end feels like it will kill you on some roads (Very harsh). Also the feel in the forte is cheap.

Dunno if this helps at all, but those whom have the car tend to see value in the buy.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've yet to see one on the road...But there are roughly 5 Toyota dealers within 30 miles of me and each other and they have a lot of the new tC just sitting on the lots. Kinda depressing.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My local Toyota / Scion dealers hurt themselves. On a 3 acre lot, you have to hunt down the 20 or so Scions they are hiding off to the side. I have gotten tons of compliments on my ride, all ages, men and women. I still have not spotted another Tc2. I may see one 1st gen. Tc per day on average.. 1st gen. Tc owners always notice my ride though!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 AM

went to 3 toyota dealerships today and NONE have a TC2 theyre still selling last years model and i even saw a RS just sitting there. i did see one outside of my gym, not impressed but that could just be my opinion on the color not a fan of the grey's, im definitely buying a super white with a wing next month though
Old 01-21-2011, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not impressed with the car, but you'll buy one anyway........word!!!

Funny moejoe doesn't like the Forte cuz it felt cheap. same thing has been said about the tC2. I like the handling of characteristics of the tC2. the car drives really nice and likes to be driven in a spirited manner. tC1 drives like a base model Camry by comparison and that's a good thing coming from me. I never viewd the tC1 as a sports car really. But i see the tC2 as one. As i said, there are other more powerful used cars that are cheaper. Remember, I am in Chicago. One of the jobless capital's of the nation. And I have been seeing these Juke's around. that kinda surprises me with how goofy they look. And no bigger than a 98 Cavalier
Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

moejoe- not everyone beats on used sports cars. And i dont see how a civic is a chick car. The jetta or corolla are a chick car.

But the thing i dotn get is the tc2 is supposed to be more masculine. Um last time I checked men like long sweeping and curving lines in sports cars. Thats why sports cars look that way. Dont try and say the tC2 is one when its not a sports coupe when its not just because its the only thing even remotely close in the current toyota lineup. Even the Solara wasnt a sports coupe. Its a family coupe!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw a blue one and i tried to speed up to see it and the owner thought i was trying to race on a public crowded road (ReeeTard) finally when the car comes to a halt im like why you driving so fast (girl driver) just smiles and im like i just wanted to see the car.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC2 may not be a sports coupe, but it is sporty. I love it bc with the stick shift, it's a really fun car to drive while taking a girl out to eat or the movies with radio, sunroof, AC, with a smooth and quite ride!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spotted a white 2011 tC with a TRD exhaust and spoiler tonight around 5:30pm at Centre and Erica Rd in Vaughan. Stopped with hazards on.

Looked sweet. If your on here, check out the meet next week in the Canada section!
Old 01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not impressed with the car, but you'll buy one anyway........word!!!

Funny moejoe doesn't like the Forte cuz it felt cheap. same thing has been said about the tC2. I like the handling of characteristics of the tC2. the car drives really nice and likes to be driven in a spirited manner. tC1 drives like a base model Camry by comparison and that's a good thing coming from me. I never viewd the tC1 as a sports car really. But i see the tC2 as one. As i said, there are other more powerful used cars that are cheaper. Remember, I am in Chicago. One of the jobless capital's of the nation. And I have been seeing these Juke's around. that kinda surprises me with how goofy they look. And no bigger than a 98 Cavalier
I agree, the TC is not the best bang for dollar, if you look to a used car in terms of performance. But every used sporty car I have looked at has had some sort of issue with it. Also I really like the TC as it is a bit sporty, but I can put some work equipment in it if I need to.

All of the Forte SXs that I looked at had issues with the stitching already coming lose, buttons sticking or body panels not lining up. I went to two dealers. One dealer only had the SX I test drove on the lot, and did point out that it had some issues. After seeing the same issues at the other dealer, I ruled the car out.

As for 'If they build them, they will buy them', Cadillac Escalade.

moejoe- not everyone beats on used sports cars. And i dont see how a civic is a chick car. The jetta or corolla are a chick car.

But the thing i dotn get is the tc2 is supposed to be more masculine. Um last time I checked men like long sweeping and curving lines in sports cars. Thats why sports cars look that way. Dont try and say the tC2 is one when its not a sports coupe when its not just because its the only thing even remotely close in the current toyota lineup. Even the Solara wasnt a sports coupe. Its a family coupe!
I went to about 15 different cars all were burning oil (not a little but carry 4L bottle with ya type of burning), had missing boots on their struts (Dunno if that is the right word, my bad!) When I bought the TC my old car was in need of repairs that would total $5,000. Car was worth about $3,500 tops.

As for the 'chick car' I literally mean I only see chicks drive them (IE my sister, sister-in-law etc.). Granted many people in my town own Pick-up trucks. The new Jetta is ugly as sin and I just don't like the Corolla. I wanted to try a sporty hatch, if I had money for a Corrado I would buy one in a heart beat. The issue with those is keeping it running. I meant no offence making this comment and am sorry if I did.

Also Sorry for the thread jack again!

Joe
Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we traded our 99500 mile tC1 that needed all new bearings and struts for new Prius. my wife has gone from getting gas every 2 days to once a week or longer. One oil change a year is nice. She complains it's slow ( yet she got a speeding ticket and leaves me in the dust when I have the xB out) but I don;t care really.

Still no tC2's yet. Chicago is all about bang for the buck. we would rather buy a used car and complain it needs to be fixed. that's how it is here.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, no, no... I like my WOMEN with long, curvy lines. I like my cars with strong features. I love the new GT-R, the new Camaro, even the new Charger. They all have curves, but it's the dominant feautures that draw you in.

Quick Reply: Spot a TC2 in your area yet?