Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Upgrades. Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 01:35 AM

Default Upgrades. Where to start?

Hey guys, my gf has a 2016 tc and I want to start working on some performance upgrades but have no clue where to start. I've never had scions before so I'm looking for some advice on where to start with this project. Looking for any and all ideas. Show me what you guys have. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-09-2017, 02:18 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by KatelinKealy
Hey guys, my gf has a 2016 tc and I want to start working on some performance upgrades but have no clue where to start. I've never had scions before so I'm looking for some advice on where to start with this project. Looking for any and all ideas. Show me what you guys have. Thanks in advance!
See:

Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power

How can i get the most out of the engine without a TURBO/SUPERCHARGER??

tC '15 Build

FaridTC2 Build Thread

2014 sUper white tC Build (The Lady in White)

2014 SC10N Series tC Build Thread "Delilah"

You are Encourage to use How To Advanced Search on Scion Life

One other Important Point, IF you use any Non-Scion/Toyota parts, you are Impacting your New Car Warranty on your 2016 tC.
IF you are experiencing CELs (Check Engine Lights) codes cause by your Non-Scion/Toyota parts, the Dealer can deny you service.
So be careful what you Modify. Also State Emissions Requirements play a part in what is Street Legal in your State.

MR_LUV

Old 05-14-2017, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do things that provide comfort, stereo, heated seats, etc.. those are the type of mods I'd suggest. Anything to impress others is a waste, unless you really want a dropped lowered car with the cambered wheels and such, all my friends did it for the attention from others. I drive basically all stock exterior,
but inside is comfortable. One recommendation would be to get a leather padded cover for the little console arm rest. paid 20 bucks for my cover and put a little memory foam under it and I've appreciated that small mod more than anything. i also lined the interior of box glove boxes with felt. hobby lobby,
like 10 bucks for felt with adhesive on back of it, no noise rattling things around in either compartment. I think 2016 tC's has a cotton type arm rest, so might not be needed. 2013 had hard plastic for arm rest

Make sure you get a cabin air filter, car doesn't come with one stock, use the Lexus one, it has charcoal in it, absorbs smells.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-10-2021 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge