Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Alignment Specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just went in for an alignment and my rear camber was at -2.5 on both side. What surprised me the most is front and rear toe were -.3x range. I ended up setting the front to -.12 and rear to -.10. Car handles a lot better now, i am also running Tein S-techs's.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned
SL Member

Cool...you lucked out! But still more than I like...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went ahead and redid the alignment. I set the front toe to be .05 on both sides, that way it zeros on when car is in motion. I set the rear to .07 on both sides so it will zero out when I have weight in the back. So far I am happy with the results.

And as for the rear camber, I wish I could make it less but have to roll with what I have.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid
I went ahead and redid the alignment. I set the front toe to be .05 on both sides, that way it zeros on when car is in motion. I set the rear to .07 on both sides so it will zero out when I have weight in the back. So far I am happy with the results.

And as for the rear camber, I wish I could make it less but have to roll with what I have.
Then you did it wrong. On a FWD car, you need negative toe (toe out) for it to zero out in motion. I set mine to zero on static and then get a slight toe in in-motion...
I think I set my rears to .01 toe in so they zero out in-motion... That sounds like you've set a whole bunch of toe in front and rear. Keep us posted on your mileage and tire ware...they should both be quite high now.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
Then you did it wrong. On a FWD car, you need negative toe (toe out) for it to zero out in motion. I set mine to zero on static and then get a slight toe in in-motion...
I think I set my rears to .01 toe in so they zero out in-motion... That sounds like you've set a whole bunch of toe in front and rear. Keep us posted on your mileage and tire ware...they should both be quite high now.
Even with my .05 toe up front and while in motion I am still in the specified range from Toyota(total toe). My mileage has not increased, it has always been 24mpg around town and 31-35mpg highway. Made a trip back to school with the new setup and still same mileage.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Banned
SL Member

If your alignment was “bad” (at maximum allowable in the wrong direction) from the factory and it is bad now, your mileage will have always been bad… we don’t know your alignment setting before your current settings to make a before-and-after analysis. Just asking to keep an eye out for tire ware patterns…front-to-rear, side-to-side.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
If your alignment was “bad” (at maximum allowable in the wrong direction) from the factory and it is bad now, your mileage will have always been bad… we don’t know your alignment setting before your current settings to make a before-and-after analysis. Just asking to keep an eye out for tire ware patterns…front-to-rear, side-to-side.
I don't know what my alignment was from factory, I know after lowering I had about -.35 toe all the way around. That really showed in my tire wear. The new alignment is within specifications. I will definitely keep an eye on the tire wear.