Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Anyone know the price for the standard suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone know the price for the standard suspension ?

Anyone know the pricing for the std coil overs ? And which is the best ride cause KspOrt is what everyone is getting
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

yea the r3 coils will be around 1.3k cad and r5 coils is 1.4ishk free shipping in Canada
Old 05-19-2012, 08:35 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ksport is what everyone has right now because its the cheapest

others:
std - imo, best at the cheapest price
tein - known brand name...but heard too many bad things
tanabe - dont think anyone on here has these...but i know the tester and they are good
bc - only Ryan has these...i dont know much about it, best ask him
kw - by far the most expensive, but imo is the very best set overall
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
$hit...my ears must be going bad because I haven't heard anything bad about them...share what you've heard...
Old 05-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

How can it be the best when they don't even make one for the 2nd Gen tC?
http://www.kw-store.com/
What am I missing?
Old 05-19-2012, 03:22 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
$hit...my ears must be going bad because I haven't heard anything bad about them...share what you've heard...
for the tC2 i've heard some people with the lower springs have problems with them sagging after awhile...with coils nothing
i've heard similar issues with them from other brands, little things here and there i dont remember them all because i hear from word of mouth. but there are enough problems as far as ride comfort or just not handling well via track...enough little things to think okay something must be up with teins where they occasional have bad batches and thats enough to turn me away from them at the risk of getting a bad batch myself

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
How can it be the best when they don't even make one for the 2nd Gen tC?
http://www.kw-store.com/
What am I missing?
i know for a fact they do because i have them installed..they just haven't released it on their site that's why. you can order it from them if u contact them directly. just like how standard suspension is....its a new car, they are just making these things and their website isn't quick enough to update it. i'm going based off the overall history/quality of kw throughout
Old 05-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

for the tC2 i've heard some people with the lower springs have problems with them sagging after awhile...with coils nothing
i've heard similar issues with them from other brands, little things here and there i dont remember them all because i hear from word of mouth. but there are enough problems as far as ride comfort or just not handling well via track...enough little things to think okay something must be up with teins where they occasional have bad batches and thats enough to turn me away from them at the risk of getting a bad batch myself

i know for a fact they do because i have them installed..they just haven't released it on their site that's why. you can order it from them if u contact them directly. just like how standard suspension is....its a new car, they are just making these things and their website isn't quick enough to update it. i'm going based off the overall history/quality of kw throughout
TEINs are like KONIs, Bilsteins, Ohlins or any other manufacturer…they all make a high end shock and a low end shock. I’m not sure, but I don’t think that any of them make their own springs…they buy them. Spring sagging is not a function of the shock. If you compare the low-end shock of any of the manufacturers and compare it to the high-end of another manufacturer, that low-end shock will always lose. I remember you trying to write a technical review else ware with no-technical information and unfounded subjective opinions. And here you go again. I think I recall that you liked the purple and gold colors of the KWs…you probably don’t like green and white and probably why you don’t like TEINs.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

?

Once u learn how to read u see that I said sagging is from lowering sprigs NOT coils...I havent heard anything specific on our cars about tein coils, but I've heard enough negative overall that I'm turned away from them all together.

And I'm not posting technical info because I don't need to. There are lots of tech stuff u can look up to prove one thing or another and the average person doesn't need it. They just need clean cut info based on what people have heard/experienced. Not everything is about numbers that u or ur dad believe are almighty. Some things are based on feel, experience, and learning from others...which is what I said I've based my opinions on. Whether the op takes it is up to them.

And FYI...I wrote that I HATE the purple and gold color...

Again learn how to read before u talk...
Old 05-19-2012, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anybody have rain boots?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

D2 is also working on an adjustable coil over set for the tC2, no pricing set, should be out in a few months. Tein may be considered kind of "high end" for what's offered for Scion but if you want to bring out ALL the companies that make adjustable coil over sets(I'm not talking only for Scion), Tein is not so "high end". I've heard one as to comment they're considered junk in Japan lol.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

others:
std - imo, best at the cheapest price
tanabe - dont think anyone on here has these...but i know the tester and they are good
bc - only Ryan has these...i dont know much about it, best ask him
Where do you get that Standard Suspension makes cheap coils. At $1500 for the R3, they cost more than the Tein Super Streets. Tanabe are cheaper, BC will start at 1k (also cheaper), and idk what makes you say that kw is the best set without ever testing out the rest. They don't even come with the upper perches. Its misleading and I don't understand why you would even buy performance coils to sit on 20's.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:06 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thealexhernandez
Where do you get that Standard Suspension makes cheap coils. At $1500 for the R3, they cost more than the Tein Super Streets. Tanabe are cheaper, BC will start at 1k (also cheaper), and idk what makes you say that kw is the best set without ever testing out the rest. They don't even come with the upper perches. Its misleading and I don't understand why you would even buy performance coils to sit on 20's.
same with you, READ

while tein or tanabe are cheaper....standard is better. therefor, for the price you pay...the quality is greater.

if you just want drop...go the absolute cheapest (KSport)
if you want good quality without paying the highest price...go with standard

and kw is the best based on the history/quality of their products overall.
its like saying "a Rolex watch is better than an Armitron" you dont need to test either one nor any watch specifically...but more times than not the Rolex will always be better
Old 05-20-2012, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

same with you, READ

while tein or tanabe are cheaper....standard is better. therefor, for the price you pay...the quality is greater.

if you just want drop...go the absolute cheapest (KSport)
if you want good quality without paying the highest price...go with standard

and kw is the best based on the history/quality of their products overall.
its like saying "a Rolex watch is better than an Armitron" you dont need to test either one nor any watch specifically...but more times than not the Rolex will always be better
Its not only on this thread, you have stated multiple times that Standard is cheap.

STD = cheap drop (cheapest set in general...as of what has been released)
You're misleading people by telling them that the Standard Coils are cheap. Yes, you do get a high quality coilover, but you pay the price. Standard has a history of their own, do some research if you want to inform people.

And if you know the slightest bit about watches, you realize that you're just paying for the brand equity. Rolex isn't any better than a Tag Heuer. I'd actually prefer a tag. You don't even know why your KW's are better, you just heard so you went with it. How do they outperform the Standard coils?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

in other threads...yes, i did say that because at the time i thought they were the absolute cheapest...(price and quality). but especially since Mamba and jtk2 and others got it...then there was more info (which was less before) and that's when i knew more about the better quality and it being a bit pricier than i originally had in my mind. so since then i've changed my stance on standard, but for the quality/reputation you get at the price they list..its more than worth it.

and people can do their own research...they can hit the books or crunch the numbers, do whatever they want. i'm just sharing what i hear from car people...which is not a source most have, unless they are here in the SoCal (or other region high in the import scene) and/or are regularly with the type of crowd heavily experienced in these kinds of things

and yea, i heard the most good things about KW and went with it because of that. and why not? if you only here positive things then it must be good right?

putting performance/track info aside, the main reason why i went with KW is from experience/word of mouth of it having the most OEM quality ride comfort while still being lowered. So if you take a ride in my lowered car...you barely feel any of the bumps as you would with any other lowering setup.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most any adjustable coil over could give a good ride if the valving for the dampers are set to match the spring. Exactly how much lowered is your car?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

in other threads...yes, i did say that because at the time i thought...
No you don’t! Had you thought about it, you wouldn’t be in this predicament right now. You spread your biased subjective opinion all over this site. Stop it! You are not an expert on this platform or probably any other. Stop spreading technical misinformation. You are not qualified to provide technical information and have proven this multiple time on this site.

People probably wouldn’t mind reading about your personal preferences and the reason for them… for example, I like this because it is chromed…or because its color matches my car…but not your technical BS.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:08 PM

or because it has the lowest drop.. that price is just a bonus!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. Same thing happened with your Cusco strut bar, you thought it was the best without the technical know how to back it up. You think that price correlates with quality or performance and you couldn't be more wrong. Living in socal or talking to automotive people does not qualify you. You can't say that your coils have a smoother ride before testing the rest. And how can you say your ride feels oem if you're running 20" rims on stretched low profile tires. I get that you're happy you got some parts but there's no need to say yours are better or need to bash on others.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I enjoy my kSports, but I don't know how any of them ride besides the kSport. That's like me telling someone that mine are cheaper therefore crappier. Not true. Just because kSport undercut everyone else. 900 bucks for coils is quite expensive compared to Racelands or Rokkors for the 1G.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd rather not ride on bumpstops for whenever I set the car slammed, which is why I paid $1,000 for what I have. Also don't have to go cutting things to go lower which seems to be what's needed for the Raceland/Rokkor for the tC1.

This shows the difference of the two adjustable coilover types

Quick Reply: Anyone know the price for the standard suspension ?