Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Brand New and BOOM there's a brick

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Brand New and BOOM there's a brick

As you guys know I bought my 2013 RS8 about 3 weeks ago. Well I was driving my friend home the other day and around a blind corner there was a brick. Not just any old brick, but the giant kind that you edge a garden or walkway with. Both driver's side wheels went over the brick and I nearly poo'd my pants. Upon inspection, nothing is out of place, no bends, nothing. I was only doing about 10-15mph so I wasn't overly scared.

Over the last couple days, whether it be some of my OCD or actually taking place, I feel small imperfections in the brake and pedal while driving. It's generally at low speeds when braking during a turn. It just doesn't feel quite as perfect as it used to be. Almost like there was sand grinding the tiniest bit.

I know it's vague, but does anyone have any idea what this type of thing might be? Should I take it to the dealer and have them look it over, or take it to an alignment shop and have them take the first look? The car still has 5 years of warranty
Old 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

try taking the wheels off and doing a visual inspection if u notice anything. focus on suspension parts
Old 08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
try taking the wheels off and doing a visual inspection if u notice anything. focus on suspension parts
That was my next plan of attack. It's a bit more difficult considering I live in a fully paved apartment complex. Don't want the jack sinking in. Looks like I'm buying plywood.