Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Megan Coilovers? need opinions pls

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM

Default Megan Coilovers? need opinions pls

Hi guys...I've been having a hard time deciding what coilovers I've been wanting, and I think I am going with Megan Racing because they are the best out of K Sport and Raceland. (tell me if im wrong) plus, I really don't want to spend 1,100 dollars when I can just spend 880 on Megan Racing when im just using this car for daily driving.

If you had or is using Megan Racing Coilovers, pls tell me how they are. Should I get them?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know you are just going to daily your car, but not even the honda boys trust megan. with that said, everyone hates on raceland, but i liked them alot.. aside from a stripped right rear strut, they perform very well for daily driving. just go with what you feel comfortable with while keeping in mind what you will use it for.

also, i think TEIN basics are 900 dollars.. just another option.

if i were to do it all over again... i would have gone with a 1000+ system, but oh well, live and learn.

happy modding!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would say go with lowering springs if your going to daily drive. I got race lands and my back is KILLING me from all the bumps. I had eibach prokit(which is about equal to the TRDs and loved them) but got race lands because it would have cost me about the same for a new set of factory struts.

If I could go back, I'd just buy new factory struts
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 AM

I have on s techs right now, but I want to go lower. and right now...raceland and megan are my only choices cuz I don't wanna spend money on high quality if im never gonna take my car to the track. LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you plan on going loooww i say get some Ksports, i love mine and they are fully adjustable. but if you only plan on dropping it an inch or two you might as well save some money and go with lowering springs =) but im not so sure about Megans
Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

standard suspension is another option for coilovers. they are over 1k, but only slightly and quality is better than Megan/Raceland/KSport. it lowers pretty well too

ask Josh (jtk2) or Joe (forgot his user name but his build is called Black Mamba)...those guys run it
Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha honda boys dont like them you guys are funny i just bought a set of megans for my tsx and 85% of the tsx guys are running them. I also ran megans on my genesis coupe when i had it they were amazing. Granite people are going to come in here and say some dumb stuff so my opinion wont matter. but the megans rode better than my stock suspension and surprised me so much for the price. Also a fun fact about the megans and bc racing suspension there made in the same factory a seller on the genesis forum had pics of the factory were there made difference is bc has more options for spring rates were megans are 1 set spring rate. this is just my opinion and what im sticking to.