Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Raceland Coilovers Install

Old 01-31-2015, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default Raceland Coilovers Install

Hello guys,
I just got my Raceland Coilovers and they didn't come with any instructions.
I've read a lot of threads on here about how to install them but I just don't want to miss anything about the install. Any tips will be helpful.
I have a 2014 tc, after I install them I will post pics of before and after.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Front's are pretty straight forward. Remove OEM top hats from OEM struts, transfer to Racelands.

Rear is a little more complicated. On the rears take the dust covers off. You need to cut them where the smooth plastic stops. (should be a line). And I can't remember the spacers order of install, but they will not mount right if they aren't put in the right order. If you have them wrong, it'll come through too much into the car.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by stenger
Front's are pretty straight forward. Remove OEM top hats from OEM struts, transfer to Racelands.

Rear is a little more complicated. On the rears take the dust covers off. You need to cut them where the smooth plastic stops. (should be a line). And I can't remember the spacers order of install, but they will not mount right if they aren't put in the right order. If you have them wrong, it'll come through too much into the car.
Thanks a lot man hopefully someone can help me with some instructions. Also do I have to reuse the bump stops as well or not?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RaceLand has video instructions on their site although they are really hard to locate. Had to look at very bottom of "Site map" link to find it. no tC2 specific but the 1st gen should be pretty much the same.
Scion Instructions
Old 02-02-2015, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by sdsnybny
RaceLand has video instructions on their site although they are really hard to locate. Had to look at very bottom of "Site map" link to find it. no tC2 specific but the 1st gen should be pretty much the same.
Scion Instructions
Thanks I found that video yesterday after a while of looking around their page but those instructions don't have detailed steps on what oem parts to keep. The video is just for the tC1 they are different Thanks though hopefully someone didn't throw their instructions away and can take a picture of them
Old 02-02-2015, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TC1 and 2 rears are not even close. Rear of tc2 you don't need to remove half the interior. (thank god, hated doing that on the first gen)

Just remember, you need to reuse the OEM rear mount/dust cover with those spacers.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member

Could you you explain me a little better how to do that dust cover thing and the spacers?
Old 02-08-2015, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member

Finally finished putting them on. No problems so far except that I didn't put the bumpstops in the front. Is it safe to drive the car without the bumpstops?. I'm at around 6 threads left in the front and 5 in the back. Here's a picture of how it looks 2 hours after I installed them they still need to settle.
Attached Thumbnails Raceland Coilovers Install-image.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to see you got them on.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, screw bump stops.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They sound noisy at all. Ride quality good ? Kind of retarded they don't come with instruction especially if u have to modify oem parts for the race lands.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine came with instructions, I just tossed them after I installed them. His may have, but just gotten lost in one of the 4 boxes they send, or possibly they just forgot to add them.

I know mine still are rocking OEM solid, even modded.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member

No noises so far. They are just a little stiffer than stock but that's pretty much any aftermarket suspension. Instructions would've come very handy to begin with but It's easy after you get the hang of it.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How r they holding up over time ?
Old 05-09-2015, 08:13 PM

Just like the last guy said. How they holding up
Old 05-09-2015, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only problem I am having is a little squeak from dry strut bearings. Apparently I forgot to put the dust covers over the top hat strut bolt. Whoops.

Other than that, great.

Took my car down US129 (tail of the dragon) at the end of March. Had clear roads (rare) for 2 passes in a row. Its easy to push these coilovers past their limits due to the soft damping rates, so on my first pass, there was under steer, over steer, torque steer, ect. Also had to pull over about 3 miles in, to turn off TCS/STS. It kept cutting power and Don (a Cincinnati Scion Corporate rep) was leaving me in his xB1 because of it. (Plus he knows the road very well!). The 2nd pass I ran with my friend Joe in his FRS and with TCS/STS off I was easily able to cruise away from him, averaging about speeds of 50mph. But in Joes defense, this was only his second time around the road. We both could of pushed it a little harder, but I didn't because the bikes were running wide open and often times crossing the double yellow with their bodies. So any blind corner, you had to make sure you were on the apex and with in your lines. Otherwise, dead crotch rocket rider. (had one close call where crotch rocket crossed the double yellow with knee down)

If you are just a daily driver type, with an occasional backroad drive that's pushed, great bang for buck. Really eliminate a lot of that nervous feel the tC has with OEM suspension, and the floating over crest or hills. Just don't make the mistake I did, and go down on width of tire for even a little stretch. Keep the 215's or wider if you are worried about handling. (i did a slight stretch of a 205 on a 8" wheel and very disappointed with the foot print even with sticky Nitto NeoGens.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member

They are holding up pretty well. I'm very careful with them though I evade potholes and go slow over anything too harsh on the road whenever I can. I would recommend 100% if you dd your car and sometimes have a little fun. Low for the low.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by stenger

The top hat? That's just the part with the three bolts that bolt to frame in the engine bay. Do we need the stock spring sleeve? Or just the one that come with raceland strut assembly?...
in process of installing now and got confused due to no instructions.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Front's are petty straight forward. The mounts 3 bolts to the strut tower, + bearing/washers/nut for the strut mounting it's self is all you carry over.

The rears are where you'll reuse the mounts, and sleeve.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 PM

I have had my Raceland coil overs on for over a year now and my only complaint is that my front passenger side spring binds and makes noises. Called Raceland and they said o need to replace the strut mount on that side

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raceland Coilovers Install