Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Sway bars help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM

Default Sway bars help!!

I've installed a set of Eibach sway bars for both the front and the back. After installing the sway bars, the front of my car squeaks everytime I go over a speed bump. It won't squeak going over any minor bumps or pot holes. I've checked underneath the car and it looks like the front sway bar was installed properly and I failed to find anything loose.

Any suggestions on what I should look for or what the problem could be?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

The polyethylene swaybar bushings have grooves in them to hold silicone grease…it comes with the kit. If the grease was not packed in there (very messy job BTW) it will squeak…
Old 12-20-2012, 06:40 AM

oh... is it a big problem and will it be okay if I just leave it like this? It shouldn't damage anything right?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

You’re the one complaining about the noise...

Hurt…no…bushings are made/designed to be sacrificial…they would just last longer and not squeak had you greased them. Noise is always an indicator of something wearing or getting damaged…
Old 12-21-2012, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My TRD sway bars did that, from factory wasn't enough grease. Started ok, then squeaked so bad sounded like bad struts. Dealership replaced everything and yep. Rides great now.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My TRD sways do it. I stupidly brought the car into the dealer on a warm day and they heard nothing. I will bring it in again now that it's winter because it squeaks terribly. I have gotten used to the noise now though but I would still like to get it rectified.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fun173
My TRD sways do it. I stupidly brought the car into the dealer on a warm day and they heard nothing. I will bring it in again now that it's winter because it squeaks terribly. I have gotten used to the noise now though but I would still like to get it rectified.

There was no questions asked, he got in, i drove around block to a bump or speed bump, CRUNCH CRUNCH.

Said yeah, we are ordering parts now. Week later, got call, took it in, 2 hours later done.

Again, My dealership ROCKS (100k warranty platinum) so i mean, I dunno. Just great people though. Hope yours gets fixed. If you have issues about *someoene else having it fixed and they wont fix yours* contact me, i'll send you my invoice showing they rectified my issue so they should yours.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
There was no questions asked, he got in, i drove around block to a bump or speed bump, CRUNCH CRUNCH.

Said yeah, we are ordering parts now. Week later, got call, took it in, 2 hours later done.

Again, My dealership ROCKS (100k warranty platinum) so i mean, I dunno. Just great people though. Hope yours gets fixed. If you have issues about *someoene else having it fixed and they wont fix yours* contact me, i'll send you my invoice showing they rectified my issue so they should yours.
I was thinking about getting sways on my car I've for the TRD strut brace did you guys notice the sways?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It turns nice, I dont know, i dont auto x it. I live in a land of ice, so I try not to go to wild, in summer i'll find out. I bought it optioned out on car when I ordered it. So I couldnt tell you a difference with/without it since I've only felt them the car with them.

I do know the dealership has asked me before what setting would I like it on, I guess theres 3 adjustable sway settings, i told them to make it in the middle between soft and stiff and such. Drives like a dream.