Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Those with TRD... You happy or wish for something else?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Those with TRD... You happy or wish for something else?

Do you wished you should of gotten something with a lower drop other than an inch? Like Tein S Tech? Is your TRD holding well with passengers in the back seats? Does it hit bottom?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a tC1 with the white TRD springs and I think they're low enough for me. My midpipe and Spipe will hit if i go over bumps sometimes, but for the most part, I don't have to drive like a noob on the road, avoiding every little change in elevation. If I put a lip kit on my car too, it'll look good, so yeah..... very happy.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:54 PM

i have a 2008 xD, with TRD springs. i've had no problems so far. it handles well, looks good (have black 17" TSW Trackstars), and rides really good.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the drop, but i didn't want it too low, guess depends how low you wanna go. also my rears make a click sound when i go over speed bumps
Old 07-08-2011, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Just installed the springs in my 2011 tC. The problem is that the wheel wells are HUGE and the lowest point on the car is already pretty close to the road. The front stiffness is about the same, rear is noticeably harder. The wheel well gap could be better but if you were to go another 0.5 inch lower then at that point you will bottom out every once in a while and the ride quality will be significantly worse and there will be even more road noise AND you will have to get an alignment.

Obvi if you only drive during the summer on glass like roads then you can go as low as you want. My tC is my ride to work which is 50 miles away and there is no way I'd go any lower. I already know there are some speed bumps where my friends live that will scrape, im just gonna have to park before em and walk.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My S-Techs only scrape the front end on major incline/decline driveways and such. That's with a front splitter too. Plenty of ground clearance every where else.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

I like the car on TRDs…it’s the way it should have come from the factory. It rides nice…not too stiff and not too spongy. I’m still waiting for the sway bars though. That should make it a complete package. I have not seen the car with 4 people in it from the outside…but I did not bottom out either. I would do it again…I think this is a must-have upgrade. I’m not calling it a mod, because it isn’t.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

what he said ^
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member

Hey guys, just ordered my TRD springs from TRDSparks. Getting them installed at a local shop called Camber & Toe. Quick question, do I need to get an alignment after having them installed?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

NOPE! another nice thing about going TRD
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have trd on my 1G tc and I like them. there is still a tiny bit of wheel gap left but if i ever got some 18in rims it would go away. the ride quality is really nice. as for how it is with passengers in it, it gets a bit lower but should not hit.

the lowest my car has ever been was with 3 passengers and the whole hatch area filled with luggage since we were on our way to disneyland from vegas. I was out side and my car was beyond low but it did not hit a single time.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by CrispyFShacker
Quick question, do I need to get an alignment after having them installed?
The real answer is that every mechanic, engineer, car enthusiast knows that if you change anything on the suspension, you get it aligned. Now…did I get my alignment checked after I put on the TRD springs? No…because camber kits aren’t out yet! All you can adjust is the front toe and you can do that with a jack, scribe and a tape measure in your own garage…I’m scouring the earth for front and rear camber kits for this car.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like my TRD. It's not *low* but enough to give it a sporty look. I don't like the idea of rubbing or a chance of rubbing if I hit a small pothole. And not that I don't like 3rd party brands but you really can't go wrong with OEM/TRD.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just switch out the Raceland for TRD Spring + Stock Struts (the strut maybe around 80k) so it's kinda bumpy/stiff in the front! I always though it should be bouncy when the Strut are worn out. Anyways I hope it is the shocks because my TRD Struts kit ordered from TRDSpark is coming in the mail today! gonna install it tonite should be good and running tomorrow... yay!!!

S-Tech & Raceland = low, slow, breaks, $$$!!!
If you're tired of the game like I do, you'll love the TRD Combo! I wish I should of got it at the first place! handleling and traction are better then before even tho i down grade from 18x8 to 18x7.5 wheel and heavier.

Hey guys, just ordered my TRD springs from TRDSparks. Getting them installed at a local shop called Camber & Toe. Quick question, do I need to get an alignment after having them installed?
The answer is Yes! highly recommended. or else it'll kill your tires fast like I i did! from S-Tech > Raceland I raise up about .5" and didn't do allignment kill two set of new tires in 12months!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes.

Originally Posted by Scion202
^This is wrong.

Now for my 2cents (this will be short).

Do I like my TRD springs? Yes...happier than a pig in shi...well you know what I mean.

Well worth the coin.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion202
I don't know what you thinking man... Please do alignment!!! no matter if .5" will cause your tire to wear out quicker, you don't see why people installed their spring and wait for it to be settle then do alignment?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sw07tC
.5" will cause your tire to wear out quicker, you don't see why people installed their spring and wait for it to be settle then do alignment?
Could you rephrase this please
Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is a stupid question here I don't really want to answer but here it is anyways!

base on my experience on S-Tech drop move to Raceland with 0.5" raise higher in the front cause my front or maybe less then 0.5" which takes out two set of new tires in 12months. which I think I did alignment with the S-Tech drop so only a little raise might not make a different, so there it goes my tires...
Old 07-22-2011, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll go check my alignment and let you guys know
Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member

My TRDs came in today. Getting them installed next tuesday at a local place called "Camber Toe" He told me 200 for the install and 85 for the alignment. What do you guys think? I was happy since the dealership had told me 1,100 for just the install. Also got the scion door sills. That pic on the TRDSparks website doesn't do them justice at all.

Quick Reply: Those with TRD... You happy or wish for something else?