Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Who wants adjustable RUCA's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Who wants adjustable RUCA's?

Alright guys, heres the deal, I have been E-mailing companies expressing my concern for the issue, and showing them how much of a market there is for these parts. Now, we might have an in with Hardrace, but more on that later.

Here is what WE need to do as a community: We need as many people as possible, to start E-mailing and calling these companies. When these companies see that there is a market for these products, we have a better chance of them producing them. After all, they are here to make money.

What I did was start off by telling them about our problem, and how it NEEDS to be fixed. Then I also included links to posts on this website, of people expressing their need for a solution, so the company can see more people want these, rather than just me. Also we need to come up with a collective of pictures of the setup of the rear suspension, so they can see what the general idea is of the part, ultimately making it easier for them. E-mails need to be professional, with proper punctuation and grammer. The more professional and polite, the better!

If companies see a multitude of different people inquiring about a product, they will see they can make money, and we will have our part! Now, it will take time for approval, R&D, testing, and manufacturing, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Here is my progress with HARDRACE: I messaged a couple of companies such as Blox, Megan Racing, and Hardrace, and Hardrace was the first to get back to me. I will post my E-mails with them.

ME: Hello, I am writing to you to see if your company would be interested in making adjustable rear upper control arms for the 2011+ Scion TC. Our car has a very serious problem where the rear passenger side camber is very negative in stock form. Then when the vehicle is lowered, it becomes a big issue.

Currently there are no companies making a solution for this, and this is further enraging us TC owners. There is a big market for these products as this is a big problem, and the TC2 community is growing, along with the extent of modifications.

As you can see from the few links I attached, many people are waiting for a remedy to our problem. And this is just the outcry from a few posts, on one forum.
I, and all others in the TC2 community will be anxiously awaiting your response. Thank you for reading my E-mail.

HARDRACE: Thanks for the inquiry. Can you provide detail picture of the rear suspension system from Scion TC 2011? After reviewing the picture, we will have more idea of how to make this arm. Also, it might be the same as other model which we have in Taiwan, we don't have Scion TC in Taiwan. I will be waiting for your pictures.

ME: Thank you very much for the reply, and the interest in making a product for us.

These are some pictures I had readily available, but if you need more, I can take some more. Also, the last picture is of a prototype some guy made, using the stock arm as a base.

Also I'm sure you are already aware of this, but the Scion Tc is the same as the Toyota Zelas if you have that in Taiwan.

Thank you!

HARDRACE: Thanks for your detail information and pictures. We don't have Zelas in Taiwan, however, we believe it has the same chassis as CT200 Lexus. We have source the sample from Japan just now, we should recieve the sample around 20 days. We will run a test fit on CT200, and see how it goes. This would take at least 3 month to go into production.

SO, Hardrace might eventually have a produst for us, but that doesnt mean we cant get other companies as well to do this for us!

So get on it boys!!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Woo! I'm gonna e-mail and bother the heck out of them until this is produced!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

same chassis as CT200 Lexus

... first time i heard that. as far as i know, our Scion tC is the same Chassis as the Toyota Blade
Old 04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
same chassis as CT200 Lexus

... first time i heard that. as far as i know, our Scion tC is the same Chassis as the Toyota Blade
The second-generation tC is built from the third-generation Toyota Avensis platform. But that doesn't mean any of us are wrong since auto company's live to mix and match parts and come up with a new vehicle. Such as the Camery, Venza, Avalon, and I think the old Lexus gs ( could be wrong on this one but there is a Lexus that rides on a Camery chassis) share the same chassis.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:21 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

^^well i'm not saying the CT200 is wrong. i'm not sure. just first i heard

hm, Toyota Blade...Toyota Avensis maybe i switched the two....

or maybe they are the same?...quick wiki tells me
tC2 = Toyota Avensis
Toyota Blade = Toyota Auris = Lexus CT

tC2 = Lexus CT then maybe they are all the same chassis?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know if you sent them this, but I think it's pretty much what they are looking for. Ted posted this a while back. SPC sent me an actual email with the rear suspension diagram, but I can't find it.

Name:  b2dcaef6-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  107.0 KB
Old 04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll ask my contact at Megan Racing if they have anything in the works for these. Can you post some pics so I sent them to Megan?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
^^well i'm not saying the CT200 is wrong. i'm not sure. just first i heard

hm, Toyota Blade...Toyota Avensis maybe i switched the two....

or maybe they are the same?...quick wiki tells me
tC2 = Toyota Avensis
Toyota Blade = Toyota Auris = Lexus CT

tC2 = Lexus CT then maybe they are all the same chassis?
If thats true it would be awsome to know if those f sport parts fit on the tc2.
or make it that much easier to make my car rwd.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicagokid
I'll ask my contact at Megan Racing if they have anything in the works for these. Can you post some pics so I sent them to Megan?
hehe...i was planning on hijacking photos too to send over to cusco (after they are done with the FR-S stuff of course)
Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes speterson82, I sent them that picture along with the other ones from that thread.

Well they did say they thought it was the same chassis as the CT200, but they don't have the TC2, so they really have no way of telling. I will E-mail them back telling them it might be the same as the Avensis or Blade.

Any research on this topic will greatly help out cause. Maybe someone knows somebody that works at Toyota? Parts department? Any info helps guys! We are on the right track!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All the pics I sent to Hardrace, I got from here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...=205597&page=4
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

noob question, if these turn out being the same chassis what will that mean for us other then the Adjustable RUCA'S / Camber kit