Notices

Looking for some rims!!!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default Looking for some rims!!!! Help!

Hey I'm 16 and I just got a brand new 2013 scion tC 2gen and I'm looking for some cool looking rims. My car color is Sizzling Crimson Mica so I've been looking around and I wanted white rims because they look really cool but white wouldnt go good with my car color. So I'm looking for black, gold, aluminum, titanium alloy, anything that would make my car look fast and mean. I already have the exhaust covered. Also I'm on a low budget so nothing over $1000. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Suggestions and pics

Scion15
Old 04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member

I got konig backbones when I had my cement colored 2011 and they looked amazing. I didnt get to actually take any photos with them on the car because I crashed soon after getting them. I now have a 2013 white tc which will have them and just setting them near the car looks amazing. Go to a local tire shop or something and ask if they can order rims. A place called Appalachian Tire ordered mine and they had a whole catalog to choose from. BTW, mine were about 970 ordered and installed.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member

Hmmm ill defs do that. I was looking konigs just now. They're really nice but I havnt found the prices listed on the site.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check www.tirerack.com or www.discounttiredirect.com for packages. I've found discount tire to be a bit cheaper since they typically offer free shipping. Also eBay has some good deals. You're looking for a 5x114 (5x4.5) bolt pattern with a minimum 60.1mm hub bore. And hub bore bigger than that and you can get hub rings to fit. Good luck and enjoy the new ride!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks! Ill defs check it that stuff put! I just found some black w/ red outline TSW trackstar 4 racing rims. I havnt found a exact price because I still have to find the right size and everything but they're not to bad for a set. I don't how to post pics though and I wanna know what you guys think. Help?! I'm on my iPhone.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by avoidtheboyd
I got konig backbones when I had my cement colored 2011 and they looked amazing. I didnt get to actually take any photos with them on the car because I crashed soon after getting them. I now have a 2013 white tc which will have them and just setting them near the car looks amazing. Go to a local tire shop or something and ask if they can order rims. A place called Appalachian Tire ordered mine and they had a whole catalog to choose from. BTW, mine were about 970 ordered and installed.
----------------
So if I go to a tire shop I could ask them to order a rim of my choosing? Because I can't find the rim size I want for the rim I want. I've found a few but they're to expensive and there's other sights that are cheaper than others. So if I ask them to find trackstar 4's from TSW will they search for the rim size pretty much doing the work for me? I don't have the time to do all the work haha I've got baseball and school.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion15
----------------
So if I go to a tire shop I could ask them to order a rim of my choosing? Because I can't find the rim size I want for the rim I want. I've found a few but they're to expensive and there's other sights that are cheaper than others. So if I ask them to find trackstar 4's from TSW will they search for the rim size pretty much doing the work for me? I don't have the time to do all the work haha I've got baseball and school.
TSW might not even make the size you want... To answer your question sure you can ask a shop to do the work for you. Just remember that they are going to get paid for that work whereas if you do it on your own time... There's no cost. Of course its just my opinion
Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member

I mean I found the rims and the size I wanted but there was no price listed. Not for any of the sizes there was no price. I'm just lazy I guess haha I don't like doing the research I like doing the real work of installing the parts which is probs a lot of people.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ur going to have to do the research. it's part of moding your car...if u don't do the research and get wrong parts, then there's no installing. so a lot of people put in the work to do the research and not be lazy, if ur going to get into this lifestyle ur going to have to step up because we aren't going to do the research for u
Old 04-09-2013, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member

Ik what you mean. I spend all the free time I get to the research part of the rims. I use all my study hall time that I have in school same with my lunch. But then I have baseball pretty much everyday after school till late at night so you can say I don't really have the time to put hard work into the research. I love doing the research it's fun to me but when I get home the last thing I'm gonna wanna do is get on my computer and do research because I'm tired af. So any opertunity that I get to shorten the work I will take because I need it. Ik all the info on the size of the tires and everything I just need to find a good deal.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
ur going to have to do the research. it's part of moding your car...if u don't do the research and get wrong parts, then there's no installing. so a lot of people put in the work to do the research and not be lazy, if ur going to get into this lifestyle ur going to have to step up because we aren't going to do the research for u

bump
Old 04-10-2013, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 12BlacktC2
TSW might not even make the size you want... To answer your question sure you can ask a shop to do the work for you. Just remember that they are going to get paid for that work whereas if you do it on your own time... There's no cost. Of course its just my opinion
Well considering hes not going to be able to install the TPMS, balance, and put the tires on the rim going through a local shop may be the best bet. My rims from the shop were I think 190 each and I got a discount on the balance, TPMS, and putting the tires on because I bought through them. They probably aren't making much money off of you from just buying the rims because my rims were 177 online and if I bought them off a site I would've had to pay shipping which im sure is well over 20$.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member

Like I have the money to buy any rim I want but it's the matter of saving my money and being smart on what I buy. I already got the exhaust like I said earlier so the next thing that's on my list is rims then fog lights. Then I'll move on to the interior. I just saw the rims on my game fora4 and thought they looked really good on my car. I don't know much about the balance and offset and all that. Avoidtheboyd looks like he knows what he's talking about so could you fill me in on what I need to look for please?!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got these from discount tire for 140 each. Also I would recommend TSW Nurburgring's for about 250 a wheel

Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member

I really like those black/red lining! They're sick!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got em from America tire. They are 18 x 8
The maker is drag and the model is dr-34.
I think you can go on their website www.americastire.com and they have a virtual display. Plug in your make model and color and start fitting rims to see what you like!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Disaster06 can you post side pictures of your car with the Drag DR34 wheels?
I been looking into getting these in either gloss black or silver.
what type of lugnuts do those wheels use and what is the offset?

As for the TSW Nurburgring's... I rather go for the XXR530s in black chromium for much less money. Notice the Drag DR34 wheels have 8 thin split spokes as to the TSW Nurburgring's that have 7 Wide spokes and they have a concave face.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXR-530-18-1...e09771&vxp=mtr
Old 04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahh yea those are cool. Check out drags website for all the offset, bolt pattern, etc. it uses those gorilla spline lugs. America's tire threw those in so I'm not sure about much on them.
I usually do stuff on my own but when it comes to wheels and tires I have no clue. I'll post up a side shot later today
Old 04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KILLER
Hey Disaster06 can you post side pictures of your car with the Drag DR34 wheels?
I been looking into getting these in either gloss black or silver.
what type of lugnuts do those wheels use and what is the offset?