Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-aero-exterior-1639/)
-   -   Fiber Glass hood lip! UPDATED PICS! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-aero-exterior-1639/fiber-glass-hood-lip-updated-pics-97033/)

LeroyJMC 04-24-2007 09:58 PM

Don't know if it's outlived the usefulness or not, but I'm still reading every post. I want to see the new hood too because the first one looked good even with the gap.

INFINI 04-24-2007 10:33 PM

Heh, well I told them I would try and help sell the one with the gap for them since it's just money lost if they can't resell it.

I am very exited to get one that is a really good fit.

INFINI 04-27-2007 11:49 PM

HI ALL!

UPDATE: I just got back from L.A. Auto and left the Hood Cowl/lip with them for paint :)

They are gonna sand the whole thing down to get it even and make the paint there from the Toyota specs.

If done right it will be MUCH better than even if I had not made the mistakes since I did not sand the backs or sides like I should have.

I figured getting a new Cowl and paint etc. will cost over $250 (with sipping/paint/primer and time) so there $120 charge for a professional job will be worth it.

INFINI 05-07-2007 07:06 PM

It's been over a week so I called LA Autobody and I should be able to pick it up Thursday/Friday latest. I also talked to the hood people and my hood should be finished for pick up around he same time.

LeroyJMC 05-07-2007 09:24 PM

Sweet. GL with the fitment this time around.

INFINI 05-09-2007 11:17 PM

Confirmation call that the hood is waiting for me. I can't pick it up till Friday :( Hood cowl no call yet but I am in hopes of a Friday pick up as well. I will post pics of the hood lip/cowl when I get it.

INFINI 05-12-2007 06:37 AM

Hood Rocks!!! We had to do more adjustments though. Heh there new manager adjusted my hood lock and then we did another adjustment with the screws that hold the hood then Wallah!!!

Its really nice now. Almost perfect. But I am gonna take pics in the morning if I have time.

LeroyJMC 05-12-2007 06:57 PM

Sweet. So now you know the adjustments that I mentioned when you had the last hood. It pretty much applies to all vehicles, so store that in the old memory bank.

Now......>PICS<>PICS<>PICS<>PICS<

INFINI 05-12-2007 07:07 PM

I am busy today helping my mom with house work and filtering out all the photos from the Glendora meet and greet last night. Pics will have to wait for this.

INFINI 05-14-2007 02:46 AM

KK here is the gallery :)

http://www.infini.bz/fareast/cfrepo2/

LeroyJMC 05-14-2007 03:10 AM

Pics 2+4 are the new hood and pics 1+3 are the first hood....right?

Looks like it's about perfect on there. With the brighter sun you can see how good the color matches up too.

INFINI 05-14-2007 04:31 AM

Yes that is correct :) Sorry I did not say it. It is almost perfect and quite acceptable in person. The pics almost make them look worse than they really are.

When you are there in person you are experiencing it in 3D and multiple angles.

I REALLY HOPE to get my Hood Cowl Monday and start to plan how to get it attached to my hood securely. and get this project finished :)

Update: Actually the only problem is the gap between the fender and the hood. But the gaps are about even on both sides and it's not a problem and perfectly acceptable to the naked eye (judges).

LeroyJMC 05-14-2007 08:09 PM

Ya know, I don't even think the stock hoods are 100% so you're good.

INFINI 05-14-2007 08:19 PM

Heh, lol!

Well I called LA Autobody and the guy is started to ____ me off. I only told the me not to rush cause I did not want them to go crazy trying to impress me. Backfired!

This is the second time I called in 7 days and I can tell he's BS'n me. I did not want to get all into detail on his long winded "oh my guy is doing a little sanding to make sure it's perfect" when last week he said it would be done in 2 days, but he says I can pick it up Tuesday.

What date did I post I left it with the body shop? I mean whats next "it took more hrs than expected to finish the job, so the price is more"?

Ok, Not gonna assume anything but will be ready for anything.

LeroyJMC 05-14-2007 08:22 PM

Looks like you left it on 4/27. Damn, my days aren't quite as long as theirs. I suppose in some worlds 12 of my business days must equal 2 business days?

INFINI 05-14-2007 08:31 PM

Well I did tell him not to rush it.... But for pete's sake don't sound like it's been sitting there not worked on the whole time on the phone when I re-remind you of the Job.

comedykills 05-14-2007 09:11 PM

every xA I have seen has about a 1/4" gap between the hood and fenders.... so from the pics it looks good to me... the two hoods also look like they are different colors of red.... could just be the light though

INFINI 05-14-2007 09:20 PM

Yes it's the light. The patterns can very and give a slight change in look but the 1st one and the second one are the same CF color.

The 1st pics are overcast, no sun days and the new ones were full sun. Also keep in mind the whole hood changes color depending on the angle and sunlight you see it in.

INFINI 05-16-2007 12:28 AM

UPDATED PICS!

Ok here is the updated gallery of the hood Cowl with the repo CF hood :) I just added some close ups of the paint job as well.

http://www.infini.bz/fareast/hood_cowl/

You will notice that it's allot smoother and has more shine. You can see it by looking at how the reflections are in sync with the hood and window. Before you could not see this.

Also the color is a precise 3Q3 match. It's been sanded really well on ALL sides now.

So all I really need to do is attach it with the adhesive and walla!

comedykills 05-16-2007 01:51 AM

very very nice....... they make hoods in other colors too?
like dark blue