Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

installing hood guide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default installing hood guide?

just wondering if there is a guide on how to remove the oem hood because i wanna install my cf hood.

can anyone give me a general break down? i know there's 2 bolts on each side i believe. what about the wiper fluid? do i remove the 2 oem nozzle thing and use it on the hood? can i use the hood without hood pins? i don't got any and it didn't come with any.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My wife has a 2005 Xa. But, I have a CF hood on my xB. Basically, get a friend + remove the hood with the side panel bolts. Now as far of the OEM nozzle, my CF hood had the nozzle on or most have the holes already drilled. If your hood did not come with nozzles, you will need to drill holes to add. But, you will need to be extra carefull with CF. Look up a DIY on CF hood drilliing if needed. As far as hood locks on CF, they are recommended for safety. But, I + alot of people I know have not added + no issues so far. Just make sure when u open the hood that is always locked when done.
Note: alot of after market products depending on the BRAND Name are not always an exact fit + people will refrain from buying.
1.The hood may have a gap on the sides + nothing u can do to correct

2. The hood when closed maybe locked + but not all the way down like the oem. You may be able to do a slight adjustment to lower it. You can to adjust the xA hood grill lock slightly down by loosing the screw, but not much play. Then there is nothing more you can to correct that.

Good Luck
Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks. i was able to install it yesterday with my friends. and you're right. i got your number 1 and a little number 2. doesn't fit exactly like oem but still works.