Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

My friend Wrecked his Xa Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Default My friend Wrecked his Xa Need some help

Hey guys, My friend wrecked his car, I just need some advice real quick.. The place were the bumper support bolts up to, has crinkeled about an inch back.. I guess that would be called the frame rail? Is that repairable??
Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Show me a picture or give me another description and I will tell you. Anything is "repairable" but frame damage can total your car!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it is repairable, but the cost may be greater than the car is worth. is it going to be repaired using his insurance?
Old 01-05-2008, 04:17 PM

Unfortonally not.. He can't go to his insurance cause the stupid ___ doesn't have a lisens and he's on probations.. I have pictures but I can't get them onto my computer yet.. The easyest way to explain it.. The part were the bumper support bracket bolts on to, its crinkeled about an inch.. The cars drives fine exept a little shack in the steering
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cannodal24
Unfortonally not.. He can't go to his insurance cause the stupid butt doesn't have a lisens and he's on probations.. I have pictures but I can't get them onto my computer yet.. The easyest way to explain it.. The part were the bumper support bracket bolts on to, its crinkeled about an inch.. The cars drives fine exept a little shack in the steering
First off I hope your friend didn't hit any personal property. The penalty for hit and run without insurance in most states is jail time. Not having a license only compounds that.

With the car, the frame is bent. shaking in the steering is a tell tail sign of this. The car must be realigned and that bar must be straightened. This is going to be an expensive trip. In some places this will cost a couple of thousand dollars.

The thing about frame damage, the car will never be the same. It will be more prone to slipping out of alignment.

Also BE RESPONSIBLE DON"T DRIVE WITHOUT A LICENSE