Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Please help!

ok, so having a crappy ___ month, but to top it off i got in a wreck on wed. with and f250 super duty pick up. luckly we were in a parking lot, so not going to fast, and he only f-ed up my door. crappy part is i was deemed at fault ( i am fighting that right now) and i only have liability because of some financial problems at the moment.
n e ways, does anyone know how to replace a door. i found some at a junk yard and i was wondering if anyone could give me atleas some basic instructions on how to replace a door, the front passenger door. i cannot wait for the insurance companies to fight this out, since it is my primary car, and i cannot afford a body shop at the moment, since im flat f-in broke, so any and all help would be totally appreciated.

also, for any of you body guys out there, do u think that 450 is a good price for a full door with window, motors, and the interior cover? or is that too much, and should i go loot at the dealer price?

thank you all so much
Old 02-16-2008, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

damn, no one?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you will have to unplug the harness going into the door from the a-pillar. unbolt the door check. unbolt the door hinges. then the door should come off. if you got any other ?'s feel free to pm me. hope this helps somewhat
Old 02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

thanks, it sounds easy enough, found some sites that make it seem easy, probably will do it tomm, will let you know how it goes.