Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

xA Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member

Default xA Side Mirrors

So the day before the wife and I were to leave for our anniversary vacation, she dropped me off at work and took my xA for the day.. Not even 20 mins later she called me in a frantic voice to tell me that someone's tire came off their car in front of her on the freeway and the passenger side mirror was toast.. this lead me to look for after market mirror which brought on another issue.. Does any company make or has ever made side mirrors for our little misfit scion..? Short of buying full on race mirrors for $200 plus and modifying them to fit the xA, there really aren't many options out there. At least any that I have found. The thought crossed my mind to just buy a cheap set of motorcycle mirrors off ebay and figure out how to mount them. The only plus of this is the obvious lower cost and vast selection of styles. I figured the mounting would involve as much effort as the race spec ones so if I can save a couple bucks.. why not right? Now here is my question. If there is a company that indeed produces custom aftermarket mirrors for the xA, can someone point me in their direction? Or option 2.. Has anyone done or has thought of the motorcycle mirrors as an option? If so.. Can you please post pics? it doesn't have to be just on xA's.. I have only seen a couple from google searches but I would love to see them on other scions to see if the mod is even worth it. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what year is your xA, if it is 2006 or newer, that run of xAs use the same side mirrors as scion tC, so I would think whatever fits tC can fit that run of xAs.

If the mirror folds and has no LED side indicator, it is pre-2006 runs.
If the mirror does not fold and has a LED side indicator it is 2006 or newer