Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Another New Xa owner!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member

Default Another New Xa owner!

Hello all, i just wanted to introduce myself as your newest member. My name is Dan, and i just purchased my 2006 Xa last night. It's pretty much got all of the bells and whistles that i wanted. I'm very happy with it and looking forward to my great gas mileage.
A little back ground on me, i have been a toyota lover all of my life, and this scion is no different. Although, this Scion is replacing a cloudy 9 months of my life where i decided to go out and get a 4dr G35 6spd, I can honestly say that i am back in a Toyota and very happy about it. My other Toyota is a 1994 Single Turbo 6spd Supra w/ 650 RWHP (I've done all of the work on her BTW) . Kinda night and day difference when compared to my Xa, but hey like I said before, i can't wait to reap the rewards of better gas mileage. Anyhow, i'm looking forward to some great conversations with you guys/gals. If there is anything i can add/help or recommend, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-08-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the family Dan.
Check out the xA family. xAtuner
Plan on doing any mods to your xA? Where do you live in Florida?

Take some pictures when you can.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member

I'm not to far from you, I live in Fort Lauderdale (west Davie to be exact)... As far as my wife is concerned, no i am not planning any mods. LOL But just last night, i had a spare TRD radiator cap from my supra which i threw on the Xa and i also had a 2inch stubby antenna sitting in my tool box, which i popped onto the car as well... So as time goes on, ideally what i'd like to do is lower her and get a nice set of wheels. I'll post some pics when i have a chance, you'll see that she already has wheels, exhaust and drop in intake.
Thanks for the warm welcome though...

Dan
Old 09-08-2006, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Welcome to the family

Feel free to visit us anytime. We meet every Thursday at Sonic, International Drive (Orlando area) .

Our thread (recently moved to the Metro Sub files area whatever that means) is known as "Orlando Thursday Night Cruising" also as SKA Thursdays

we have a pretty good group

Later
Old 09-08-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And let me be the second warm welcome to the family!!!!

Glad you already love your new car!

edit: Make that 3rd....
Old 09-08-2006, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Welcome Dan, What your new xA lacks in horses and acceleration, ( compared to your Supra), it will make up for in mpg and smiles per mile. You have two very cool,unique cars; no bordom in your garage. Enjoy the new ride, and let us hear your thoughts on it!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member

AmluxTRD, oldmanatee, jpjxa Thank you all very much. I do love the car already, you definitely don't see many of them running around. Plenty of Xb's & Tc's in this area, but rarely an Xa, that's what i love about it.

Today, i actually took it to the dealership because one thing i did notice about it, is that the Stock Air Intake box, likes to dance/shake/wobble on it's own when the car is on. Is that normal for these cars? I thought maybe, there is a broken bracket somewhere or something. Any idea would be helpful!!! It also seems kinda sluggish, not sure if that's cause i'm not used to a 1.5 or because it has something to do with the intake. Normally i like to figure stuff out on my own, but i figured since i have a warranty, it should be taken care of. Needless to say the Mechanic says it's normal on these cars, not really sure what he means by these cars, but that's what he said. I don't really believe him, so any ideas, please shoot them over...

Thanks once again,
Dan
Old 09-08-2006, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member

Here is a pict of the supra for you guys, i don't want to clutter up the site with it, but just so you can take a look at it. I'm going to try and snap some of the scion this weekend. Enjoy:
Old 09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The stock air box is crap (duh) and that started to vibrate as well when I got my car, I didn't really care to fix it because I wanted a new intake anyway. So I bought my K&N and it's been better ever since :D
Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Chops! Now, did the vibrating problem go away with the install of the new Intake? Just trying to figure out what the heck is making that thing vibrate. It's annoying as all heck... If getting a cold air in there will resolve my problem, then i'm all for it...

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That motor is going to shake, no matter what intake you use... They expected it to, otherwise, they wouldn't have put it on rubber mounts. At times, since I got my CAI, it will shake a little more at a red light. But, it's worth it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member

Oldmanatee,

The problem i have, is that i hate hearing that intake shake/rattling. I expect a little bit of vibrations from the car at idle and such, but not that intake rattle. Sounds like something is loose(although nothing is loose). All things aside, I am extremely content with my Xa...

Dan
Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the CAI... I remember that rattle now that you mention it....
Old 09-11-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Going from 650 hp to 108...it's going to feel sluggish! Haha.

But do yourself and car a favor and get some new springs, shocks, and tires. Believe me, it will really wake the car up.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member

Manatee, thanks for the info...

Bequietanddrive, The Xa is actually replacing my other DD (G35 6spd sedan 298hp) So it's not THAT much difference LOL... My main goal is to limit any engine modifications, the CAI might be a priority because of the annoying rattle, but other than that, no other engine mods other than the exhaust which was a dealer option. My main goal is to lower her, and get a nice set of wheels with an impressive offset. Might be easier said than done without having to go to a custom wheel. I'm hoping to get lucky finding an ebay set . And in addition to that, perhaps Sway bars and a rear Strut bar to match the Hotchkis Bar in the front. Front Lip and rear wing too. Those are my plans in a nut shell. I want to be as cost effective with this project when compared to that of my previous projects.
Dan
Old 09-11-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this sounds familiar to another xa owner.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dexter_5000
this sounds familiar to another xa owner.
LOL, who's that?
Dan
Old 09-12-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What sort of offset are you looking for? When you say impressive I'm assuming you mean a pretty low offfset?
Old 09-12-2006, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member

Nothing as wild as a "0" offset which i doubt would fit, but probably from a "25-30" offset on a 18x8 or 18x9 in the rear. If i could get something lower to work, i'm all for it... Provided of course that i can get a safe size tire on it without rubbing the ____ out of the fender.

Dan