Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Do Scion's turn women off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Crazy to think my hubby Jimxb (of over 20 yrs) has an 2004 Hot Lava xB!!

Scion is just soooo HOT!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Scions are super hot and I'd rather take a ride in a sexy xA, xB, tC, or xD rather than a stuck up BMW or whatever luxury car anyday
Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree...Scions make me hot!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

From a guys perspective I say it's kinda shallow to pass judgment based on a car, but then again you can tell a lot about a person from there car. ie. roof rack/attachments, whats in the car, and how they care for and/or drive it. Like one of our members pointed out, it does scream "geek", but there's nothing wrong with being a geek is there; you just have to know where you fight your battles. Ultimately its comes down to how you present it, like you would a product you're selling. If the car is the topic I'm the first on the bandwagon to make fun and poke jokes, (Remember women appreciates guys with a sense of humor) for instance 'I can roll down hill faster than it, referring to the car as a tortoise/little turtle for its character and spirit, or I point out the 'indash microwave/toaster oven'. Or, with all jokes aside, I tell them I purchased the car for it's super-affordable base price, fuel efficiency (for those tree huggers out there), and it's humble appearance. Both approach has been field tested Like a product you have to pick your market as well.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha my car gets called cute quite a bit... :-\

but for some reason if i pop the sunroof then it becomes "Cool" or "Awesome"

and i agree with the above post from a guy's perspective. Maybe i'm just lame that way haha.

personally i'm not the kind of guy "just out to get some" but then again my car is pretty sexy haha :-)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

If a chick will refuses to date you cause of the car you're driving shes dumb and it's a good thing not to see her again( well, actually borrow some friend's luxury/sports car take her out spend some cash and take advantage and than dump her- I'm sure it happens to such chicks). Now everybody's different and it's ok if my girl doesnt like my car, it's not OK if she doesn't like me.....whats the point than. now I the xa only for work, and my other car is an 01 5 series BMW. I bought the car for $10K. it's cheaper than any new scion, but there's a lot of people out there who judge others by the car.
my opinion, yes the Xa is a bit more on the college/girl car side, at least stock. but if a chick told me that the fact that I drive a scion is a problem than I would not waste much time with her...
to the OP, get a licence plate that says "PAIDfor" lol
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude... thats terrible! ^ lol

but i agree with some parts of it, if someone dates you for your cash/materials, get away. but also keep in mind, every advancement and achievement in society is just an attempt to impress the opposite sex. so get a nice car to attract a girl then see if either of you actually have a personality
Old 12-24-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Technitarded
. so get a nice car to attract a girl then see if either of you actually have a personality
how do you even attract a chick with car? show her your keys? tell everybody how cool you are? if a chick has any brains she wont talk to you much after. if she will than her head is not her best feature..
Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 AM
SL Member

Well from another girl's perspective, I've never been a big fan of xA's. They're too tiny for me but I wouldn't knock a guy if he has it. I think the only reason I'd pass judgement based on a car was if it were a matter of safety; ie. the self combusting Pinto. Other than that, I understand that people have different opinions of whats appealing to them and if thats what they like then so be it. Its a Scion so thats good enough for me! :D
Old 12-31-2008, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have a Scion, send me some pix and maybe we go out?..
Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciondaily
. so get a nice car to attract a girl then see if either of you actually have a personality
how do you even attract a chick with car? show her your keys? tell everybody how cool you are? if a chick has any brains she wont talk to you much after. if she will than her head is not her best feature..
lol I was being more fictitious really, if someone walks around waving their keys, they are a douche.

but anyways i think the general consensus of this forum is that, If your potential significant other refuses to be with you because your car isn't cool... your with the wrong person.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if a girls gonna choose whether or not to date u based on ur car she aint wrth it anyway i wanna girl who wants it even if i pull up on a 10 speed
Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nastos
if a girls gonna choose whether or not to date u based on ur car she aint wrth it anyway i wanna girl who wants it even if i pull up on a 10 speed

lol wants it? or wants you? :D
Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
haha whatever, Scions dont turn people off and a ride shouldnt be anyones solution onto how to turn a person on. Personally I never really liked the xA..but then I seen some modified xA's and wow they look awesome. Hey findthatout..slap on a lip kit and some Volks....after that you will be irresistible
Exactly what I'm working on- for 2009+
Not so sure about the irresistible thing, tho.

In the end, its about maintaining your ride.. so you can get from point A-B ... then back again (not to mention some level of fuel efficency). I suppose I could have gotten a Civic Hybrid (cool $25K)... maybe getting 60ish mpg vs. my lil' xA getting say 45 mpg/average. Do the math, the Civic would have been easily $10K more upfront , but not just that if you save say $300 per year on gas w/ the Civic-hybrid, it would take easily 30 yrs to make up that $10K cost difference. Thats the dollars/cents cost/benifit approach person I've become , the purchase of the Scion taught me some lessons- I'll never forget.

Us complex humans... I have a inability to stop comparing things (is this human nature??). One of my New-Years resolutions is to stop placing so much emphisis on this comparing , and focus my mental apptitude + energies elsewhere. I've also become more of a "safety freak" the last few months.... due to some life changing events. In the end, its good to put things into perspective and make sense out of the info,... but don't get hung up on them(the small details)... and let them run your life. As Bruce Lee would say, "Be Water".
Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the big difference in the xa is the mods! A stock one just sucks in general, but all the mods make a totally different car
Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

lol wants it? or wants you? :D
L O L!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

every girl, thats ever been in my car, said it was ugly
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ lol every one of them came out with their shirt backwards
Old 02-12-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member

Maybe it's because I'm a Scion owner myself, but Scions turn me on. (i'm with MissBenilda on this) I'd be a little giddy if I ended up in someone's Scion. And yeah, the xA's are damned cute. I would call it cute, but not as an insult. I love my xA. I prefer its body over the xD.

Someone in the earlier replies mentioned that the girl is an attention *****. LOL. I agree. And actually, the top down, wind in my hair experience didn't do much for me. My hair just consistently and harshly slapped me in the face.

*hugs xA*
Old 02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Confidence, confidence, and more confidence...
My Tc was one of the first in my area which drew a ton of attention...people would ask me at stoplights and ask me what it was....A good feeling.

Present yourself in such a manner that will leave no room for error, and when those lame girls who only care about how they look in your ride make comments against you....well..ha, it's time to pull over and politely ask them to get out.

stay sucka free...

Quick Reply: Do Scion's turn women off?