Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

FAQ RS 2.0 - Spectra Blue Mica [xA]

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota announces the next limited edition Scion, the xA RS 2.0. This time the little hatch gets a coat of Spectra Blue Mica paint, blacked out grille, fog lights and rear spoiler. Inside, the black fabric interior gets blue accents, a blue interior lighting kit, floormats with the xA RS 2.0 and a numbered plaque. Scion will offer 1,700 units for $1,035 over the base price of the xA. Sales will start in May. The xA pictured has optional 15-inch alloy wheels that are not standard equipment on the Release Series 2.0.

2005 Scion xA RS 2.0

http://www.autoblog.com/category/scion/
Old 04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have one that should be here Wednesday
$1035 additional...and it has bags
Old 05-01-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
Scikotics
SL Member

As an owner of #54 xA RS1 ... I hate to say it, but the RS2 is a joke. It comes with fog and interior lights (options for my car), but so what. My RS1 came with TRAC, VSC, Moonroof, and 17" Enkei wheels.

Very weak offering Scion!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My only dissapointment in the xA RS 2.0 package was the wheels. I would have liked to have the EP-10 Alloy wheels in this package. There were three main selling points on the xA RS2.0 for me.

1. The front grill. Adds a more sporty/sophisticated look to the front end. The grill on the RS1 was a very nice choice as well.

2. Color. I have seen Spectra Blue Mica in the flesh and it's just a beautiful color.

3. Probably the best selling point on the RS2 for me, other than the price, was the upgrade to the interior fabric on the seats. The SVT Focus has these special color combinations on the seats and they add quite a bit of depth and sophistication to the standard interior. The black and blue mesh is quite a nice combination for the interior of the RS2.

Total price on my xA RS 2 will be $14,730.00. I chose to get the side airbags. The extra cost will help when it comes to paying my insurance premium. (which isn't much for the xA to begin with.)
Old 05-09-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
Scikotics
SL Member

The grill on the RS1 and RS2 are the same. Called the Sport grill in Japan. The color mathced interior was also included on the RS1.

I talked to some Scion folks during the recent Scion Slam ... I expressed my disapointment with the RS2. I think they should have offered more on the package deal ...and yes ... custom wheels should have been included!

I am glad you are happy with the RS2 ... after all ... the xA is the sexiest Scion.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

saw the rs 2.0 today, maybe i am color blind, but i couldn't tell the difference between the indigo ink and the spectra blue if they weren't sitting side by side. i am no color fanatic, but i saw it under flourescent lighting and it looked like indigo to me. maybe when i see it tommorrow in the sunlight it will be different.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The colors are quite similar. Spectra Blue Mica has a bit more of a metallic blue in it than Idigo Ink Pearl. Flourescent Lighting plays hell with metallic colors too. You will notice a difference in the two colors under sunlight conditions.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to say, that IS a disappointing package. I was thinking of trading my 05 xA for an RS2 but now that i see the specs... for what? a grill and some interior lighting? No thanks, I would have gotten the RS1 but the only thing keeping me from doing it was the color (and the wife would have hung me out to dry if i wanted a paintjob after buying it ). So I was psyched to hear about the RS2 coming out and now there's no wheels, no trac, no sunroof?

bleh. i dont care if the cost to "upgrade" IS less than the RS1 cost difference. the extras were still worth it IMO. not so for the RS2.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: xA RS2

Originally Posted by Marlenelin
According to my dealer, it became available on Apr. 18th for $1,035 more than the basic xA. His specs did not include a moon roof, and he said that side curtain airbags were not available on this model - it comes as is!!! Marlene
This would be awesome. I just ordered an rs2.0 and was wondering about this.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I can't edit my post

So in addition, I can't see what the big issue is with the new RS2. It doesn't have the plethora of options like the RS2, but it's not like it's amazingly expensive. This is especially so if the side airbags are included. It still sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

'allo. name kristoph. and this in an intro post for me. i just bought my first scion; rs2 and paid in full from the valencia dealership in california a few hours ago via the phone. they're inspecting it and installing my 6cd player and ill pick it up on wednesday (a nice drive from valencia to bakersfield).

in the 661 and would love to do scion meetups and do some customization on this peice of mobile goodness. if anyone can reccommed anything, im always open to suggestions. my job leaves me with limit time but resources to exaust.

anyways, cant wait to hop into this new car. waiting is a drag. but i hope its all worth it. will post badge # as soon as i get it.

and someone let me know if there a cali meet/show.

email and/or call my cell:

sidekick@bak.rr.com

soundboy-
Old 05-24-2005, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats Soundboy!

Sounds like you were lucky when it came time to getting your RS2, I have been waiting for four weeks now and it totally sucks. My car is due into port this week which means if everything goes to plan I may have it in a week or so.

With the right modifications the xA can handle and perform like a go-cart, so it has tons of potential.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah. if i got one from my city, port tomorrow, in by friday, checked out and reday to be released on saturday. i was not going to wait that long to get my xA rs2. so, with a few calls, and a credit card number, ill have mind in two days.

soundboy-
Old 05-25-2005, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

Default Xa series 2.0

I just bought number 13 of 1700, just curious if anyone else got one yet.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So far there are four members on ScionLife that have confirmed numbered editions. This is not including yourself, so, you would make number five. :D You can find out which member have what numbers by clicking the Scion xA link under the vehicles tabe at the top left of the page.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as soon as i know my #, ill snap a shot and confirm.

soundboy-
Old 05-26-2005, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion xA Release Series 2.0 #795 can be found in my driveway in Bakersfield, California. just got it today but not after some hassel. ill explain tomorrow. for now, ive added my car to the list, and im going to bed.

soundboy-
Old 05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats soundboy...

I decided to take the plunge and get the RS2. I've got a whole punch of parts coming in that will be going on it too, including a percissionmuffler.com axle-back that I'm very excited to try out. I'll probably be getting it by the end of next week.

It's been a love/hate relationship between me and my xB, but now it's time to part ways...
Old 05-26-2005, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member

I bought my RS2 last friday.. #179
Old 05-26-2005, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so. i went to the dealership in valencia, had my friend drive, and we arived around 6:30 (hour drive). got in, pointed and the xa rs2.0 and said 'that one'.one problem;no radio. what?

apartently, they are shipped seperatly than the cars and the parts department put em in. but since parts closed @ 5, and the purchace was initiated @ 7, they couldnt install it during the day, even though they knew i was comming for it.

so since i work all day friday/saturday, i have to drive down there and have em install it on saturday. so im using my little altec lansing speakers for my iPod as music until then.

grr. anger towards scion. but the car kicks. bandge # 795 of 1700

soundboy-

Quick Reply: FAQ RS 2.0 - Spectra Blue Mica [xA]