Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Funny thing about Scions (Like my xA)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

And if you take a good look at my avi, I have yet another reason to be in love with my Starlet...

See you in MIA!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Had to update my experiences a bit...;)
Old 11-08-2006, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member

I really have to agree with german. I've only had my Scion Xa a couple of months, but I loved it the minute I drove it off the lot. This is kind of silly, but when I'm driving it I feel almost like I did with my very first car. And with my side graphics, everyone looks when I drive down the street. It's the bomb!
Just wish I had enough money to put some more mods into it, but being an old fart, the mortgage and other bills have to come first. LOL
Old 11-10-2006, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow ... I caught this thread a little late .. but believe me .. i felt an adrenaline push while going through the posts ... I AM NOT ALIEN AFTER ALL !!!!

My wife always tells me that i'm too much into cars ... ie last night I gave my IST a wash (2200 hrs!!!) and a nice little waxing !

great to see that enthusiasm is kicking on this forum ...
You guys must be lucky to be in a car club coz over here no such thing for scions !!! (not many as well here).
Nevertheless me and my friends we created a Yaris club two yrs back (my ex car) ... have a few members ... i still pop in meetings with my IST ... they say it's a Yaris disguised !!!

Nice post XaMishy .... thumbs up!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What is it about the xA. Before i bought my xA a month ago. A car was just a car. it was suppose to take me from point a to b. nothing more than that. I thought anyone who tricked up their car was crazy. after a month of owning the xA, i can't help but look at ways to mod my car. I feel my xA is a canvass and I can't wait to start painting it.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Glad to see there are so many others who get it...:D
Old 11-12-2006, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

have a nice time in MIAMI !!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey German,

I definitely agree with you on the addictive qualities these cars have. I tested the xA, nice but once I got into my xB...it was on. I could not stop thinking about my car. I am in the process of drawing up graphics for the sides, researching wheels and tires. I've only had this for for a few weeks and I'm obsessed. I park it next to my window at work so I can watch it all day long. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I know nothing about cars as well. I want to learn all about intakes and whatever.

Have fun in Miami, I want to see pics.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i wanted a scion but an xa was the last thing i thought i would have chose to own. i was trying to be cheap about it but i tried to spoil myself a bit so i kept it simple:

fog lights
rear spoiler
center arm rest
cd w/ ipod capability
17 inch inkei wheels

by far this is the fevorite of the cars i've owned before this one. maybe with my income tax refund i'll paint my red xa solar yellow, or get the black mesh grill that comes with the limited releases. other than that i'm completely satisfied with what i have now.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, I haven't felt like this about a car since my '66 Beetle.
After a year now I still get a charge every time I drive the Xa. My daughter said it wasn't a race car. I said not to say that too loud, the car doesn't know it yet. I have owned and driven a bunch of neat cars in 30+ years of driving, but I believe this one is them most fun of all.

Here is the latest picture. Mods include Enkei J10 with the OEM tires. OTG shims, Progress rear sway bar, Monroe rear shocks, TRD springs, K&N airfilter, TRD exhaust, Rostra Cruise, and Delphi XM.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

awesome car.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

great ...

can you pls pm me some more details on springs and shocks ...
Old 11-19-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The scion brand cars are a kick to drive. The styling can't be beat by anything in its price range and you always get a great reception anywhere you go, especially in my little hometown in VA. I miss my tC for alot of reasons. The only reason I gave it up was because it was front wheel drive and it took so long for TRD to come out with SC for my car.

I have since bought a xA and I love how nimble it is. I have only drove it a few times but it has the same feel as the tC does. Someone has it in the US and is keeping it in good shape until I get back and can mod it a little bit. It is hard enough to get aftermarket parts for a Honda here in Korea but I couldn't imagine getting Toyota parts seeing as they don't sell them here.

I think scionlife is a great community for car owners and the gatherings are fun too.

Glad you jumped on the automotive bandwagon! Now you need to move to the "dark" side and become a tooner
Old 11-19-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

German....thanks so much for this post....

These are different cars....both my toaster and the xA sharing the carport....

but I HAVE to ask....Why did you name her Starlet?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I agree, I love my box, the only time I don't enjoy it so much is when its cold and the driver's door won't unlock and I have to climb through from the passenger's side, well that and when it gets really dirty and I don't have time to clean it, its the fastest car I've owned(sad isn't it?) and I've got thousands of dollars worth of plans for it
Old 11-19-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaj2002
I agree, I love my box, the only time I don't enjoy it so much is when its cold and the driver's door won't unlock and I have to climb through from the passenger's side, well that and when it gets really dirty and I don't have time to clean it, its the fastest car I've owned(sad isn't it?) and I've got thousands of dollars worth of plans for it
Really don't mean to thread jack here, BUT....how is the xB the fastest car you've owned when you list a Celica as a previous ride?

And still waiting to know about Starlet's name, German.....
Old 11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Grateful11
I agree, I haven't felt like this about a car since my '66 Beetle.
I'm the same way with my Xa. My 70 Impala was my baby, but now I have two. The stares and the awe that you get from people is just wonderful.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

because I never got the celica running good enough to drive more then a few feet
Old 11-20-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Bubble2Box
German....thanks so much for this post....

These are different cars....both my toaster and the xA sharing the carport....

but I HAVE to ask....Why did you name her Starlet?
Ah, I have been waiting for that question...lol! And I honestly don't have a straight answer!

When I first layed eyes on her, I thought her color reminded me of a star lit night. Beautiful, dark, but still bright in its way. And this car seems to cry for attention anywhere it goes. Like a new star. I guess the two merged and made her name. StarLIT and Starlet...Starlet seems to suit her.

And now, as if a calling, I have become OBSESSED with dressing her in orange. Fire orange, lava orange...I got in her one day and saw the auxillary console lit up like fire and couldn't help but think how that reminded me of a star in the night sky...Now I want her entire interior accented in orange and illumination. Maybe the underbelly and the front grill too. Like a star lit night...ah, she is the car that keeps on giving...

Yes, I AM nutz...but it a good way!

And I am SO GLAD to see we are not alone!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

yep, your completely bonkers, and could probably use a straight jacket, glad to have you on our side Gemini

Quick Reply: Funny thing about Scions (Like my xA)