Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

hello, need some advice, please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default hello, need some advice, please.

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I have been here many times and love this site. Lot's of good info. I have a scion xA RS1.0 manual. I'm wanting to upgrade it so that I will enjoy it more and want to keep it longer. One of my main questions is, will the Blitz Compressor work with a Typhoon CAI for the xA? Anybody who has one can you please tell me how they are/perform please. Also I want to lower my ride but I'm afraid as to how much, because I want it to also be my daily driver. Any advice on to what kind of mods are the best would be really helpful. Here are some of the things I was thinking about;

Typhoon CAI
Blitz compressor
TRD Front and rear strut bars
Lowering springs (don't know how low though )
lighter flywheel
Catback exhuast
sport struts

Those are some of the things I was thinking about. Any that are better please tell.
Sorry for the long selfish post. Thanks,
Old 06-09-2006, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

HI! Great to have ya here. I'm not sure about the cai and blitz because I have a tc. But I know that lowering your ride will make a huge difference.
I would say that a grounding kit is a good first place to start. It's cheap, easy, and it'll give you a feel for working on your ride(wich will make you love it all the more). I think a cai kit is ok, but then you void you warranty. I would say that your best bet is to throw some cold cathodes on there from oznium.com(unless you already have the lighting kit). Start with something small. I think that it's the custom mods on any car that make it really special. After all, anyone can go out, spend 100g's on suuping up a ride. It's the work, and special features that make it unique!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

IIRC the blitz SC kept the stock intake piping. Its been a few years since the last install so forgive me if i'm wrong. So it has a good chance of working with the KN tyhpoon. I doubt you will see any noticable gains with a cai on a SC though.

For suspension it really depends on what you plan on doing besides daily. S-techs are very popular springs and give you a good drop with out sacrificng drivablilty and really makes your car look more aggressive. if you want similar feel, but with more adjustablity, you may want to consider Tein Basics or SS Coilovers. so you can adjust the ride height to your liking.

If you are interested in any zA products give us a call

I believe we even have a Blitz xA exhaust, intake and Tein S-tech in stock
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120460
Old 06-10-2006, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks for the info so far, much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have what I think is a stupid question. Are coilovers the combination of shocks, struts and springs?
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

CAI will void the warranty? From what I understand it shouldn't void your warranty as long as the problem isn't caused by the modification.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

a cai should fit just fine w/ the supercharger, i have the FX1 intake off of ebay, for the $60 i payed for it, it looks identical to the injen one, just bought a k&n filter for it and it works just fine

as far as a drop, springs are you most affordable opbion, coilovers are more expensive but you can adjust them when you want, i live in northern va and have the Eibach sportlines, its a 2in drop front and back and havnt had any problems, even in the snow, we dont get too much but we do get some, hope that helps somewhat
Old 06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks again for the info
Old 06-13-2006, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the Typhoon CAI and I have lowering springs. Those are my most favorite mods on my car. K&N really hit a homerun on the xA CAI.