2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Help Please - Front Dome Light Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help Please - Front Dome Light Replacement

I know it is a long shot that I'll get an answer, but it is worth a try since I've looked all over the internet without success.

My interior light (the one at the front) went out on my 2006 Scion xA. I bought a replacement bulb, but I can't figure out how to get to the bulb to replace it. I assume the clearish part would be removable, but I can't figure out how. There is a small slot in the middle on the front (towards the front of the car). However, I tried using my fingernail and nothing will budge. It isn't very wide, so only a very thin screw driver would fit in there, and I'm afraid I will tear something up if I try to pry it. None of my plastic interior tools are thin enough to fit in that slot.

Does anyone know how to remove that cover? I assume you don't remove the whole assembly (switch and everything). If so, I wouldn't know how to do that without tearing up teh headliner.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:06 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

It should be Similar to the one in the Video.

Hope this Helps.

MR_LUV

Old 04-19-2018, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

need to stick a thin small screwdriver in there and pry...but very carefully because that plastic scratches and gouges easily!
Old 05-03-2018, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ended up getting to it. I used a small screw driver to pry the cover off. It slipped once and did put a scratch on it, but it is barely noticeable, so no big deal. I do think the design is pretty lame. It shouldn't be that hard to take off the cover. I put in an LED light, so hopefully I'll never have to mess with it again.