2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Key fobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Key fobs

I rented a car this Friday, it was Jeep liberator and the key fob was built into the key. I have the oem alarm system on my xa, how can I get a key fob like that where the key and fob are made together?

Can I just buy one and program it into my system?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think you can just buy one an program it because toyota/scion use a spacial radio frequency for their alarm systems. Now I know the xD has what your talking about, I would suggest you go to a dealer and ask them if the xD key/remote is backwards compatible with your security system. Other than that, you may have to get a new system if you want the key/remote combo.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like its time to hack one up?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basically I went to an electronics store when I got my windows tinted I asked about installing my oem alarm system. They said 200 bucks 295 and up for installation and their system. I just thought before I try the toy dealer for installation I might see if I can get the key fobs I want and assumed they were universal, you just need to porgram them into the system.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I know you can't just take any old key/remote and program it to work with the OEM system. I'm thinking the xD one might work. Also, have you installed the security system yet? If not you can save a ton of money and by doing it yourself, it's a bit of a pain but I did it and it wasn't too bad. Instructions: http://trdsparks.com/install/08586-52973inst.pdf
Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can do like all but program it and install the plug on the back of the fuse block. My hands are too big for the fuse block and I cant follow directions.

Are you near by, can I get a hand for the fuse block area? I can get all teh other plugs as most seem to be pass through connectors and each a different size and shape.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobb
I can do like all but program it and install the plug on the back of the fuse block. My hands are too big for the fuse block and I cant follow directions.

Are you near by, can I get a hand for the fuse block area? I can get all teh other plugs as most seem to be pass through connectors and each a different size and shape.
Sorry but I'm in Texas, it would be a bit of a drive. I remember that fuse box part, that was tricky. You have to do it blind because I don't think anyone can get there hand behind there and still see anything. What I did was count the number of spaces and tried to feel my way around the fuse box to get everything plugged in. After that though, the remotes should come pre-programed. The only programing I did was the make all the doors unlock with 1 click.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Duct Tape!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by duck_dodgers_24_5
sounds like its time to hack one up?
Ok, I decided to do a little research into this. FCC says that the Toyota remote (FCC ID:BAB237131-056) operates somewhere between 303.39MHz and 304.39MHz. Fujitsu redesigned the remote for scion in 2003 but they kept the same frequency, basically all they did was remove the aux button and make the plastic look nicer.

If anyone knows what the FCC ID for the xD remote is (should be on the back somewhere) then we can find out if they are compatible. I haven't tried to call a dealer because I'm thinking that they won't know or will give incorrect info.

Sources:
Original 1999 design - https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...37131-056'

Updated 2003 scion design - https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...37131-056'
Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got it in and working. I turned off the auto lock/unlock when you use the key. I just wished it had a vibration sensor and it would auto lock itself if I did not when I walked away.

Anyway, maybe an easier way would be to meet an xd owner at the Roanoke,VA scion show next weekend? I plan to attend and walk around looking at cars.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 PM

I just received a normal keyfob for my Xa that I bought used with the Scion alarm and RKE. Unfortunatly the dealer hand them over so I bought one off Ebay for $20.

I followed the instructions they provided and when I get the car in to "program mode" I hit both both buttons (unlock/lock) at the same time and nothing happens. The battery is good, (bought a new one), it just wont program the car.

I am worried the fcc number is wrong.. all info I had leading up to purchase lead me to this remote.

The FCC number i bought is HYQ12BBX. Can anybody tell me if their Xa 2005 keyfob has this number on it?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, if it would work with mines, Id buy it from you and test it.

I have an 06. My fcc id bab237131-056
Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 AM

anybody have an 05 Xa factory rke keyfob fcc#?

appearantly the bab237131-056 is 303mhz and the one i got is 315mhz, per this place (http://www.autotechs.com/subcat78.htm)
Old 03-22-2008, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anubisthorbaal,

I just looked up the product for FCC: HYQ12BBX and that doesn't appear to be a scion remote. If you can, try to return it and get a scion remote. Also, the 05 remotes should be the same as all the other years(excluding the 08's I think). So as long as its a scion brand remote it should work with your car.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:15 AM

Hi Sanchez..

It does have the Scion logo on it. If you do a search on ebay there are thousands for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04---06-SCION-Xa-Xb-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-HYQ12BBX-NR!!_W0QQitemZ300208785469QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL080320137a11512

here is basically what I got.

There are two Scion remotes
http://stores.homestead.com/usedkeyl...ory=P%2FN+4360 which is 315mhz.

and
http://stores.homestead.com/usedkeyl...ory=P%2FN+4361 which is 303mhz.

If only my crappy dealer had given me one I wouldnt have had this problem.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I didn't see the scion logo there, that must have been one of the early remotes. The one I have looks like the one in your 2nd link. I thought the kind I had was the only one they made, didn't know there was a black scion remote too.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 PM

Well it seems pretty positive that the remote i bought off ebay advertised as being a Xa, Xb, Tc remote for all years is Bulsh.

The remote that I bought probably works in the Xb and Tc, because those are factory installs. The "dealer" install, which was the only way to get it for the Xa, uses a different remote.. the bab237131-056 number.

This is what the guy at the ebay remote place told me, that dealer installs use a different remote than factory installs.

So, the ebay place would be happy to send me the correct remote for $8 more if I send the other one back.

I will try and find another one from someplace else because I am not happy with them and I might give some stranger a gift of the other remote under their window wiper.

Now to find the right one. There are lots of "toyota" logo ones out there and I saw you can buy new Scion covers in several covers for the remotes. So, it could be like getting a new one.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by anubisthorbaal
Well it seems pretty positive that the remote i bought off ebay advertised as being a Xa, Xb, Tc remote for all years is Bulsh.

The remote that I bought probably works in the Xb and Tc, because those are factory installs. The "dealer" install, which was the only way to get it for the Xa, uses a different remote.. the bab237131-056 number.

This is what the guy at the ebay remote place told me, that dealer installs use a different remote than factory installs.

So, the ebay place would be happy to send me the correct remote for $8 more if I send the other one back.

I will try and find another one from someplace else because I am not happy with them and I might give some stranger a gift of the other remote under their window wiper.

Now to find the right one. There are lots of "toyota" logo ones out there and I saw you can buy new Scion covers in several covers for the remotes. So, it could be like getting a new one.
Yeah, that ebay guy is either completely ignorant or just another scammer. Leave him some bad feedback for misleading you. As for geting the correct remote, unless it looks like this It probably won't work:

*image from TRDsparks.com
Old 03-25-2008, 01:24 PM

does that silver remote have an led on it above the lock button?

of the 4-5 major remote sellers on ebay they all have incorrect info for the remote i bought.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah that remote pic that SanchezHacker put up has a orange led above the lock button that lights up when you press it.

Quick Reply: Key fobs