2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

My Hubcap got Crushed :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Hubcap got Crushed :(

Went in today to a local wheel & tire shop for a quick tire rotation. The shop has a window that lets customers see inside the garage, so I decided I'd watch while they worked. Everything seemed normal at first, but when they were finished I noticed they the guy left one of my hub caps off. I figured they would put it back on eventually but then the he got in my car and I saw the white reverse lights come on with the hubcap right behind the back tire. I quickly dashed to the door but it was too late, the guy backed over my hubcap.(with both tires) I saw the whole thing happen and in my mind it was like one of those slow-mo movie scenes. Needless to say I was ____ed, but the shop said they would buy me a new one asap. I know it’s just a hubcap but it was MY hubcap, watching someone crush it with my own car made me feel like someone just punched me in the stomach. This xA is my first car and I love it, so my reaction would probably seem silly to someone older and on their 6th car.

So by now you know that I like to complain, but the only thing I enjoy more is hearing others complain. Anyone else got some interesting mini-horror stories?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i like to grab carts where i park and throw them all over the lot so they stay the hell away from my car. sometimes they hit other cars, but at least mine is safe.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by superboxcarxb
i like to grab carts where i park and throw them all over the lot so they stay the hell away from my car. sometimes they hit other cars, but at least mine is safe.
I'm hoping you're not serious.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:02 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bad karma
Old 03-25-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One time I saw a woman push a shopping cart across a busy parking lot because she was too lazy to walk her cart to a rack. Two seconds after she let go of her ghost ridden cart a cart pushed by the wind hit her truck. Karma is real.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Karma definitely is real.

I enforce it.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

Someone at school wanted to be an a$$ and be funny and take off my hub caps and leave them on my hood. i then went outside, checked for scraches, put them back on and then threatened to kill him (and smash his windows) of i ever saw him come within 30 ft of my car. he pretended to not be offended, but he never waked by my car again. and i shoved a water bottle in his exhaust. dont mess w/ the box. period.

oh and i dont let anyone drive my car, not even my other family members. look with your eyes not with your hands.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one time i ran over a deer and it caused $2500 in damage
Old 03-25-2007, 08:10 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

driving to school one morning, half awake, when a 18 wheeler tire appeared in my lights, reaction time was to slow, clipped it with the passanger side of the car, went airborn. I listened for leaking air or draging parts, only got a cracked front lip.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe, for a second there i thought you said "cats" instead of "carts". Although i do hope your just joking. I've walked out of stores to find carts next to my car, i wouldnt want to do that to someone else unless i knew they deserved it.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rallying_the_scion
driving to school one morning, half awake, when a 18 wheeler tire appeared in my lights, reaction time was to slow, clipped it with the passanger side of the car, went airborn. I listened for leaking air or draging parts, only got a cracked front lip.
u make it sound like YOU went airborn! i was like WHOAH but i read it again and the TIRE went airborn, not you! whew!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

lol, no, my box got the air, no idea about the tire, once i hit it, i was all over the road, It passanger side of the car might have been the only side that got air, scared the crap out of me, and the rest of the 2 hr trip i was wide awake!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

tahts just an excuse to pocket the $50 bux for the new hubcap and buy a set of wheels and tell them to take back thier tires and swap them for some 17 or 18" ones to fit your new wheesls you buy ... i used to manage retial auto cetners for a nation wide company.. .ive seen it all... unfortunalty #$&*# happens
Old 03-25-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think you could get rims out of that...

and YOU went airbourn? i wanna se that!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

lol.. last time i took my car to teh shopi used to manage.. hardly anyone i know still wroskt here.. first hting the guy does. is pull the car in and hit the front whels and drives OVER the edge of the rack.. my heart stopped.. thank god i have BFG g force sport tires wthat are reinforced with extra steel so it actually resisted that sharp edge and dint do anything.. but god i hate that feeling.. id do everything myself if my apartmanager would let me install a lift in my carport
Old 03-25-2007, 08:43 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
TOCC

SL Member

Ive had my box airborn.....Rally Scion, yes airborn, hard to imagine.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if you threw cats, now carts, you wouldn't let the carts hit other Scions would you??
Old 04-01-2007, 03:36 AM

Time for rims! =D
Old 04-01-2007, 04:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All this stuff about karma and throwing cats...

Tom
Old 04-09-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update: Ok, time for an update. Before I didnt want to say the name of the company because mistakes happen and I didnt give them a bad rep for one problem. But now I just dont care, its Discount Tire Co. 5940 West I-20
Arlington, TX 76017. I suggest everyone in that area avoid these people.

After a calling them day after day and being hung up on a couple of times, they finaly called to tell me that they ordered the wrong one and that they threw away the old one without my permission. I wanted to keep the old one for the scion logo thats in the middle.
Now I have to wait another 2 weeks for the (hopefuly) right one to come in. This seems to be going from bad to worse.

Quick Reply: My Hubcap got Crushed :(