orderd my XA

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:59 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default orderd my XA

well since i have no-poor credit (stupid credit points) my APR is going to be 13% for the first year then(i'm doing the 72 month deal) i'll refinance after the first year, looks like i'm gonna find another (second) job to help pay for the princible of the car the more the better you know what i mean...

i'm getting any color XA with a 5 speed just all the standers the $12995 model lol
Old 07-16-2004, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

congrats on purchasing a car!

sucks to have 13% interest
Old 07-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Congrats....you'll end up loving it
Old 07-16-2004, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I also just ordered an xA. Mine will be a manual transmission black sand pearl with rear spoiler, alloy wheels, fog lights, silver pedal covers, and the Scion security, along with the usual floor mats and wheel locks. The dealer told me it would take 6 to 12 weeks. That seems like an unusually long time. It could be shorter if he finds a similar car in the area before the order comes in. Oh well, I hope it comes soon.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

They got me for 13% too when I got my xA, I feel ur pain!
Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got like 7.3%

I can't complain, I have "good" credit but I lack the history of credit. My scores average about 720.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I was able to get 4.4%
Old 07-17-2004, 04:56 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes this will be my VERY first brand new car for me (second car i will ever own) hopefuly it'll last for 30 years
Old 07-17-2004, 05:52 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Three years ago I was the victim of identity theft... and somehow I managed to pull a 4.15% interest rate over 60 months.

I was probably personally blessed by God himself to achieve that. :D
Old 07-17-2004, 01:22 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn son, wish i had that then they could pay most of my bills for me then, and the school loan i'm wanting to get next year when i go back lol, boy that'll be SWEET lol
Old 07-17-2004, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hornet_on_flower
yes this will be my VERY first brand new car for me (second car i will ever own) hopefuly it'll last for 30 years
I'm with you, this is the second vehicle I personally have paid for (first two cars of mine were either given or bought for me by my dad). And this is my first brand new vehicle.

:D
Old 07-17-2004, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no credit history and I got 4.6% on my xA. They quoted me 4.4% at first, not sure why it changed.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:08 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate waiting for my car lol, but the more money for the down payment i guess the better :D i hope i get it in aug. and not the end of this month the more money the better like i said lol stupid wating game lol
Old 07-18-2004, 04:19 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well in the mean time i guess i have to drive my dads truck 1980 dodge custom with a 400 4 bbl big block and 3.55:1 limited slip rear end its very fun to drive and loads of power but very bad on gas mileage :D
Old 07-18-2004, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I can't complain about my credit situation. . . I got off very very well.
hahaha but you'll love your car, as I love mine. I came from a powerful car before this one, and I can tell you I, I rarely find myself missing my old car. So enjoy the wait. . . it's like the best foreplay you'll ever have in your life!
Old 07-19-2004, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

People, when you are ordering a Scion for more than a few weeks down the road, you aren't really "ordering" one as in "built-to-order". Nor may it be true that they have specifically pegged a vehicle for you as opposed to hoping one comes in that is like it. It is true if you are talking about a Dodge with a special towing package (which adds bigger radiator, alternator, tranny cooler, etc.) Not so with Scion. When we were looking, to no avail, for a white xA with side air bags, my dealer, who I liked a lot, sent me the following:

Each month, we get a "TVO Book" which is out Toyota Vehicle Order. We are told what is being sent to this region. We take this information to set our preferences. For the July order [in this region], there are exactly 20 xA models with the automatic transmission and side air curtains. Of those, only 2 are polar white. One is allocated to xxxx dealership (I omitted this, not the dealer) and I don't know where the other went. It doesn't show up on the locator system. It may or may not have been allocated.

I'll put the same car into our preference bank, but I don't want you to get your hopes up on it.

I only ommitted the dealer's name because this may be info that Scion doesn't generally want known and I don't want him get in trouble! The first dealer I went to never told me any more than I asked about, and even then wasn't quite upfront with the info. If the dealer doesn't want to let you know when the 2005 models will be there because they want to get rid of their 2004 models, go elsewhere. If they don't know what has changed from the 2004 to 2005 models, dump them. If they tell you they've checked and nobody else has the car you want in the area, don't necessarily believe them. What this could mean is that they have burnt their bridges with other dealers and haven't a good "trade" relationship with them.

When Toyotas come in, they are shipped automatically to the dealerships. The Scions don't. If a dealer doesn't ask for it, they don't get it delivered. And you are mostly chosing from what someone else has decided was going to be available in your area long ago. Side air bags are not a hot item with the young crowd who know they are going to live forever, so if you "order" a blue xA with side air bags, you aren't probably going to get one. How many blue xAs have you seen? They are almost all silver, or black, with a few white sprinkled in. So you end up settling for an xA with side air bags with a reaonsable color. As it was, we ended up with a beautiful black cherry xA with side air bags and my wife is happy.

Not all dealers order a bare-bones unit, but those that do have the most flexibility in making it like you want instead of "forcing" you to buy options you don't.

"Mine will be a manual transmission black sand pearl with rear spoiler, alloy wheels, fog lights, silver pedal covers, and the Scion security, along with the usual floor mats and wheel locks. The dealer told me it would take 6 to 12 weeks."

They just have to find a MT with black sand pearl. They can add all the options themselves or have them done at the port. They don't come in that way. If you are willing to wait long enough, they may see one in the next month's TVO book. I'd ask them why it will take that long and see what they say. Sounds like they put it on their preference bank. Another dealer may already have this coming in now....
Old 07-20-2004, 11:56 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry i should say i'm waiting for the dealership to find my bare bone stock any color 5 spd Xa... lol
Old 07-21-2004, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Haha..... Well, that's got to be the easiest thing to find. MT any color - what the hell is wrong with them? I can find a lot of those around in our area - oops, unless you want a 2005 - many dealers still don't have them in. Yeah, that would make it harder for them to "find".
Old 07-21-2004, 11:35 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it is a '05 lol
Old 07-22-2004, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

My dealer was able to do a trade and get me my '05 BSP Manual transmissiom XA yesterday. I am going to get the accessories installed sometime in the next few days, when the parts they ordered come in. Good explanation on the waiting game.

Quick Reply: orderd my XA